SmithAir747
Topic Author

Bedlam Cube/Soma Cube Puzzles-Have You Tried Them?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:14 am

Recently I discovered the Bedlam Cube, a new puzzle invented by a Briton named Bedlam in recent times. In case you haven't heard of it, the Bedlam Cube is a 10cm square plastic cube made up of 13 pieces, which must be assembled to solve the puzzle. It is said that the Bedlam Cube puzzle has 19,186 possible solutions, and is one of the most difficult, addictive puzzles ever.

I just got mine in the mail today from the Bedlam Puzzles website (http://www.bedlampuzzles.com), and plan to challenge myself to solve it!

The Bedlam Cube reminds me of an older puzzle--the Soma cube, a 3x3 cube made of 3-dimensional tangram shapes that, like the Bedlam puzzle, must be assembled to form the cube. I have one at home in the USA--I built it myself using wooden cube blocks I glued together to make the tangram shapes. Have you ever heard of, or tried the Soma cube? The Bedlam cube seems to be a modern-day version of the Soma cube.

I would like to know your experiences/thoughts about either the Bedlam or Soma cube puzzles.

Also, did you ever play with a Rubik's cube?

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

SmithAir747
Topic Author

RE: Bedlam Cube/Soma Cube Puzzles-Have You Tried Them?

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:21 am

I can't wait to hear from you...

If you've ever tried the Bedlam cube or the Soma cube, please let me know your thoughts and experiences with it. Also, please let me know if you are a fan of Rubik's Cube (or its similar-looking puzzles, such as Pyraminx, etc.).

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)