tanyaluvs2fly

Anyone Work At The Airport Doing Non-airline Jobs?

Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:29 pm

Hey Everyone, was kind of curious to know how many other people work at the airport but doing non-airline jobs... I am going tomorrow (yes on a Sunday)to interview for a Customer Service job with a car rental agency. I am pretty excited, its going to be an hour drive for me each way ( i'm doing that now for a current job) but it will get me into the airport and into the travel industry. I am just hoping they offer me the pay that I am in need of.
Live, Laugh, Love!

futureuapilot

RE: Anyone Work At The Airport Doing Non-airline Jobs?

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:16 am

I kinda am, about half the time I work as a fueler, and the other half I work as a cleaner, making our FBO clean and doing the odd jobs. Although I do clean our fleet of 172's and 177's, so I guess it really is in the aviation field...

-Sam
The Pilot is the highest form of life on Earth!

MidnightMike

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:19 am

Quoting Tanyaluvs2fly (Thread starter):
but it will get me into the airport and into the travel industry. I am just hoping they offer me the pay that I am in need of.

At a car rental company, you may not be working on the airport, depending on the airport, the rental car company may not be located on the airport. Even if it is located on the airport, your ID card would not allow you any special access to the ramp.....
NO URLS in signature

tanyaluvs2fly

Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:58 am

not looking for special access to anything but getting my foot into the travel industry... I wont know until tomorrow where the possition is, if its in the corporate office outback or in the baggage area. Where this agent is, i can see NW gates, PWM is SMALL airport.
Live, Laugh, Love!

adam

Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:28 am

I worked at the Paradies Shops at CMH this past year before moving back to CLE. Chances are you've been in one of their stores. They are one of the largest airport retailers in N.A. If you buy books in the airport and have seen "Read and Return" it was us.

It was full time, 10 bucks an hour being a Team Leader. It was fun...It can be somewhat annoying serving a bunch of ditsy tourists or stuck up businessmen...but I just made sure to overcharge the ones that gave me attitude..jk

But I worked with a great group of people, and I'm eligible for rehire if I choose.

www.theparadiesshops.com

adam
Texas: You'll come for the Alamo, You'll stay because you were wrongfully executed. - Conan O'Brian State Quarters