Falcon84
Topic Author

T.O. Suspended By Eagles Indefinitely

Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:31 am

Saw the crawler while watching the Iowa-Northwestern game on ESPN.

More to folllow on ESPN, I'm sure.

Wonder if this has to do with the flap over him reaming the team for not making a big deal out of his 100th TD catch?
Work Right, Fly Hard

N670UW

RE: T.O. Suspended By Eagles Indefinitely

Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:54 am

Whoa. That's big. They're hurting enough already.

I can't say I feel sorry for the Eagles, though. They knew what they were getting into when they signed him. He may be one of the top NFL receivers, but he carries a lot of extra baggage.

N670UW

learpilot

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:11 am

I had the misfortune of being at the Letterman taping about a month ago where TO was one of the guests.

They did a skit where a taxi ran over a mannequin wearing a TO jersey. The world would be a better place if they would have ran over the real thing.

At least Dave didn't cut him any slack. He tore into TO pretty good for being a late night comedy show.
Heed our warnings or your future will be underpant free!

b757300

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:17 am

Philadelphia Eagles controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens has reportedly been suspended indefinitely due to conduct deemed detrimental to the team.

Owens has also been battling a severely sprained ankle, which put his availability for this week's game in jeopardy. However, after missing Wednesday's practice, Owens was upgraded from doubtful to questionable and it appeared he would be ready to go.

According to 610 WIP in Philadelphia, though, head coach Andy Reid decided to suspend the enigmatic wideout for numerous comments he has made about the organization this week.

The radio station, however, did not report how many games Owens would miss, but it is certain that he will not play in Sunday night's key divisional contest against Washington.

Excerpted
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Logan22L

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:24 am

Quoting B757300 (Reply 3):
According to 610 WIP in Philadelphia, though, head coach Andy Reid decided to suspend the enigmatic wideout for numerous comments he has made about the organization this week.

Apparently he said something like: If we had Brett Favre as our quarterback, we wouldn't have lost so many games.

What a team player, huh?
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

Mir

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:56 am

Sucks for the Eagles, and I feel sorry for their fans, but as far as TO goes, good riddance.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

aa61hvy

Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:14 am

He screwed up my fantasy team
Go big or go home

Jalto27R

Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:36 am

We already suck, what difference does it make?

Mike

SYRGuy

Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:48 am

We'll never see T.O. in an Eagles uniform again. Mark it down.

And all I have to do is laugh at Philly for actually picking him up in the first place.
"My offer is this......Nothing, not even the fee for the gaming license"

AGC525

Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:52 am

What we need is for all the NFL teams to ignore him, sadly enough, someone will pick him up. I can't stand the guy.
American Aviation: From Kitty Hawk to the Moon in 66 years!

YoungFlyer

Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:14 am

Quoting SYRGuy (Reply 8):

I definitely agree. He will never be accepted there anymore.
Am I the only one to feel sorry for the eagles. I don't think they knew it would be this bad. I mean, look at Corey Dillon on the Pats. He had a big mouth when the bangles continued to lose, however, with the right staff and a winning team, he became a much appreciating player. The eagles were the best thing that happened to T.O. He is a fool trashing the best player he will ever play with.
I wouldn't think that any big team should want him and his ego. He might end up with another struggling team with a bad QB like he had is San Fran. He is a disgrace for the NFL!
Dan  grumpy 
"An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi

aaflt1871

Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:59 am

2 things to add

1. He should have been forced to go to Baltimore seeing they had agreed on a trade with the 49er's first. Philly would not be going through this shit right now.

2. He was upset that the team did not recognize his acheivement on catching his 100th career touchdown pass. Can somebody post the "attention whore" picture on here for T.O
Where did everybody go?

ltbewr

Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:43 am

Part of the problem here is that McNabb, a true team player and team leader is the best QB the Eagles have despite his nagging injuries. This means 'Terrible' Owens isn't going to get to make as many catches as he hoped for and staisfy his attention whoreing addiction.
I would suspect he will appeal his suspension to the NFL, with the assistance of the Players Union. I do hope the Commissioner does support the team and the coach. Problem is that T.O. is a star player to the league - when he plays to his expected level - that it could put the Eagles under pressure from the league and the Players Union to end his suspension after maybe 1-2 games. Meanwhile he hurts and insults his team, his coach, the team owner and the fans. I bet sports talk radio stations in Philly are only talking about this. I just hope that it doesn't turn racist.

S12PPL

Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:44 am

And it's about damn time. Can't stand that pompus prima dona.

I hope he doesn't come back all year.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

ANCFlyer

Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:45 am

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 4):
If we had Brett Favre as our quarterback, we wouldn't have lost so many games.

Apparently he hasn't been watching any Green Bay football this year!!!
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

F9Widebody

Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:17 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 6):
He screwed up my fantasy team

Mine too.
YES URLS in signature!!!

USAFHummer

Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:17 am

This Eagles fan is inclined to agree with that assessment as well...he'll be on the market next year...I havent checked the official Eagles message boards yet since this happened, but I imagine everyone there is pretty much having a collective heart attack right now...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

102IAHexpress

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:30 pm

I have no problem with T.O.’s antics. For one thing, the Eagles organization and their fans knew exactly what they were getting when they signed him. And for another; T.O. is a proven success on the field. What he did in the Super Bowl was absolutely amazing, and showed a lot of heart. That being said, he’s a media whore. But so what? Big freaking deal. He’s a professional athlete in America for god’s sake, I mean are you guys really surprised that he has big head? I’m not saying he’s not a annoying, but lets put it into perspective, he’s not failing drug tests, he’s not getting arrested, and he doesn’t disappoint on the field. Sorry, but T.O. is not a role model. He is there for the sole purpose of entertaining the fans and in turn to generate revenue for the Eagles organization. Stop taking this so seriously, it’s just a game.

[Edited 2005-11-06 04:41:49]

N670UW

Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:03 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 14):

Apparently he hasn't been watching any Green Bay football this year!!!

I think Favre is still a good QB. He just doesn't have any good players around him anymore. He's lost a Pro Bowl wideout (Walker) and a Pro Bowl RB (Green) for the season. And that's just the first two. It seems like every week there's another Packer running back or receiver being carted off the field.

N670UW

NightHawk117

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:13 pm

To T.O....Good riddance! He may be a good wide receiver, but he is NOT a good team player. If he cannot work with the team and realize that it takes the TEAM to win and not himself only, then he just needs to quit the NFL altogether and pursue something that is not team oriented.
Team Stealth...when it absolutely, positively HAS to be taken out overnight!

garnetpalmetto

Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:34 pm

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 17):
Stop taking this so seriously, it’s just a game.

It may be just a game, but the participants IN that game should and ought to have respect for it. I was listening to a radio interview with Mike Ditka a few months ago when T.O. was holding out and Ditka flat out called out T.O. and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus as having "no respect" for the game of football and being examples of what's wrong with modern day athletics. When Terrell Owens steps out onto that field, he's not playing for the Philadelphia Eagles, he's playing for Terrell Owens. Call me a sap, but I'm of the school that believes that, as Herb Brooks said, the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the one on the back. If Owens never plays pro football another day in his miserable life, I wouldn't shed a single tear.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

dl021

Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:27 am

Well, as TO says.....

"There's no letter "I" in the word TEAM!....................but there's an "M" and an "E" and that spells "ME" and that's who I'm gonna always be thinking about!"
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

102IAHexpress

Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:38 am

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 20):
It may be just a game, but the participants IN that game should and ought to have respect for it.

Has he really shown the game disrespect? How? And if I concede for a moment that he does show the game disrespect, it’s certainly no worse than the disrespect shown by other players. Again in the grand scheme of things, are his actions really that bad, are they worse than the guy who dishonors the game by taking steroids, or worse than the guy who gets into off the field run-inns with the law?

A couple seasons back when he had the “sharpie incident”, the thing I found the most surprising was that he gave the signed ball to a fan. I think the NFL was more pissed at him for giving the ball to a fan, than it was for him bringing a sharpie on the field. In that respect he showed more respect for the game than anybody had done in a long time. He had fun on the field and he shared it with a fan. The length the NFL goes to keep the fans apart from the action is ridiculous. I mean what’s the harm in letting the fans keep game balls every once and a while. I could see if the game was played with only one or two game balls like in basketball or soccer, but come on, seems like they have a new ball for every snap. So T.O. signed a ball and gave it to fan, big freaking deal, yeah I can see how he’s the plague of the NFL.  sarcastic 

S12PPL

Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:06 am

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 22):
Has he really shown the game disrespect? How? And if I concede for a moment that he does show the game disrespect, it’s certainly no worse than the disrespect shown by other players. Again in the grand scheme of things, are his actions really that bad, are they worse than the guy who dishonors the game by taking steroids, or worse than the guy who gets into off the field run-inns with the law?

A couple seasons back when he had the “sharpie incident”, the thing I found the most surprising was that he gave the signed ball to a fan. I think the NFL was more pissed at him for giving the ball to a fan, than it was for him bringing a sharpie on the field. In that respect he showed more respect for the game than anybody had done in a long time. He had fun on the field and he shared it with a fan. The length the NFL goes to keep the fans apart from the action is ridiculous. I mean what’s the harm in letting the fans keep game balls every once and a while. I could see if the game was played with only one or two game balls like in basketball or soccer, but come on, seems like they have a new ball for every snap. So T.O. signed a ball and gave it to fan, big freaking deal, yeah I can see how he’s the plague of the NFL.

You CAN'T be serious! This guy does nothing but show dis-respect to his team mates, and the league! I get so sick and damn tired of his "me first" attitude. You play a team sport. SHOW RESPECT TO YOUR TEAM MATES. As soon as Steve Young was out of San Francisco, he went nuts. It's like he was waiting for Young to leave before he openend his yap. He used to be a talented football player. Now he's like Dennis Rodman...only on a smaller scale. It's generally people like him who were abused as kids at least mentally. And what does he do? Act out. His behavior would NEVER be accepted at any normal job. He'd be fired in a week. Calling a former team mate gay??? Are you serious? You can't possibly defend an ass hole like that! and as if that wasnt enough, he has to go out and trash McNab, too. "I got traded to the Ravens...I'm gonna pout and refuse to go!!!" IT ISN'T YOUR DAMN CHOICE! He acts like he's the grand emporer of the NFL. Well I got news for him, he is NOT the best player in the league. Not by far. If he EVER tried this shit with a quarterback like Young, Montana, Farve, etc....He'd never see the ball again. There used to be a day where crap like this wasn't put up with. You behaved like this, you were gone. Now days teams are so affraid of being called out in the media by these prima dona's, they just put up with it. If Owens tried this crap in the 70's or 80's, his team mates woulda beat the shit out of him.

And you wanna cry about the Sharpie incident??? Get real! Then there were the pom poms, and the ridiculous CRAP he did in Dallas. Do you condone that? Then there's mocking Ray Lewis. I'm sorry, but he's a spoiled 9 year old BRAT stuck in a man's body. And it's about time SOMEONE held him accountable. No one cried when Keeshawn Johnson was reprimanded by the Bucs. Where were you then?? I'll say it again. This has been a LONG time coming. And I hope the team let's him go. Fires his ass. I'm sure the Eagles would be happy to pay him to sit at home, so he doesn't have to be on the team charter from city to city. So he doesn't have to be in the locker room acting as a cancer to that team. Thank GOD the 49ers got rid of him. I'd have puked having to watch him on the 20th when I'm down there to watch them play. Talent or not, no team should EVER have to put up with HIS crap.

garnetpalmetto

Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:06 am

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 22):
A couple seasons back when he had the “sharpie incident”, the thing I found the most surprising was that he gave the signed ball to a fan.

That "fan" was his financial advisor.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

102IAHexpress

Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:12 am

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 24):
That "fan" was his financial advisor.

True.

But a fan no less.

102IAHexpress

Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:30 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 23):
You CAN'T be serious! This guy does nothing but show dis-respect to his team mates, and the league! I get so sick and damn tired of his "me first" attitude.

Oh, I’m serious, and I agree he’s annoying and I agree he definitely has a me-first attitude but please someone else explain to me how his attitude is any worse than most NFL players today? I just don’t get it; I mean is this guy worse than Bill Romanowski, or Ricky Williams? No I don’t think so. Those guys actually dishonor the game. T.O. on the other hand has fun on the field and looks out for himself, nothing wrong that. And again the Eagles knew what they were getting into. So please everyone stop the T.O. bashing. If he gets arrested for murder, or for beating his wife, or fails a drug test or whatever then maybe I’ll get on the bash T.O. bandwagon.

S12PPL

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:35 am

He's selfish. He doesn't care about his team. He cares only about himself...And THAT is why people can't stand him.

He's a cancer, and doesn't deserve to play anywhere until he learns how to think about others as well as himself.

JeffSFO

Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:10 pm

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 26):
T.O. on the other hand has fun on the field and looks out for himself, nothing wrong that. And again the Eagles knew what they were getting into. So please everyone stop the T.O. bashing.

Give me a break. There's nothing wrong with not liking the guy and being vocal about it--he's a jerk. I think the Eagles made a good call on this one for suspending T.O. for "conduct detrimental to the team":

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...agles-owensfight&prov=ap&type=lgns

KROC

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:05 am

And all I have to do is laugh at Philly for actually picking him up in the first place.

I heard Carolina has interest in signing him.  Wink

ORFflyer

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:16 am

Quoting Learpilot (Reply 2):
The world would be a better place if they would have ran over the real thing.

checkmark 

checkmark 

checkmark 

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 26):
I mean is this guy worse than Bill Romanowski, or Ricky Williams?

Yes he is, but all three should do the game a favor, and retire/quit. They're all POS in my book!! Hell, add Randy Moss to the list too.

Chip

N766UA

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 am

Good! T.O. is a freakin' narcissistic ass. "Oh whine whine they didn't hype up my 100th TD" get over yourself you moron. Enjoy the bench.
This Website Censors Me

Jalto27R

Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:05 am

Well,

He's gone from Philly for good. He will serve out his four game suspension, and officially will never return in an Eagle's uniform ever again. It was announced by Andy Reid this afternoona at a press conference. I really do hope no other team picks him up, he in no way deserves it.

Mike

USAFHummer

Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:07 am

Well, he's officially been benched for the rest of the season...time to put my T.O. jersey for sale on eBay under the "Fire kindling" category...

Greg

Mir

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:16 am

Quoting Jalto27R (Reply 32):
Well,

He's gone from Philly for good.

I hope he never plays another game in the NFL. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, asshole.....  biggrin 

-Mir

Logan22L

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:50 am

I give a great deal of credit to the Iggles for doing this. Despite the trash, they could use him, and they no doubt will have to pay him a substantial sum to ride the pine.

Perhaps this is a good trend-setting move for sports in general.
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

aa777jr

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:59 am

As stated above, TO was suspended the maxium games (4) under the new collective bargaining agreement with the NFLPA and will be released or traded at the end of the year.

Who the hell does this guy think he is? Steve Smith of the Panthers and Santana Moss of the Skins are just as good if not better receivers.

Also, Andy Reid is very connected in the NFL and I wouldn't be surprised if TO is black balled into retirement. No coach in their right mind wants to bring this virus into their locker room.

My two cents.
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

CLEfan

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:17 am

Some team that likes to collect problem players will take a chance at him. I could see Washington, Denver, or Oakland all trying to pick him up.

UALPHLCS

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:17 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 27):
He's selfish. He doesn't care about his team. He cares only about himself...And THAT is why people can't stand him.

He's a cancer, and doesn't deserve to play anywhere until he learns how to think about others as well as himself.

As fed up as I am with T.O., I can't really blame him soley for his behavior. I blame his agent, who has manipulated T.O. T.O. is an idiot, lets face it. He doesn't THINK for himself, he hires others to think for him. Others who don't get paid unless T.O. gets a new contract. But T.O. is too stupid to see that he is being manipulated and that he's been played.

Such a shame so much talent so much money, so little brains.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

USAFHummer

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:25 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 38):
I blame his agent, who has manipulated T.O.

Good point...surprised that that scumbag Rosenhaus hasn't come up at all really in the causes for this until now...I dont think the blame can entirely be placed on him, but I agree he definitely was part of the cause for this whole thing to happen...

Gunships

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:15 pm

I found Andy Reid's comments interesting, especially the part where he alluded to holding someone responsible for their actions.

T.O. cut his own throat. It was his teammate's fault, his coaches fault, the media's fault, the city of Philadelphia's fault, his agents fault, etc. etc. etc. How about putting the blame exactly where it belongs, directly in T.O.'s lap.

It amazes me how stupid some people are when they have the opportunity and good fortune to be able to play a game for a living and make a nice pile of money doing it. Then they go and do something involving their huge ego and screw it up.

Looks like your 15 minutes is up, T.O. Maybe you could get in a few rounds of golf with "The Juice" or hang out with Rafael Palmeiro and point fingers at each other, or fry what's left of your brain with Bill Romanowski. Of course, there's always next season's "Survivor"...

USAFHummer

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:30 am

So T.O and that douche Rosenhaus gave a news conference today from T.O's home in NJ...T.O. read a prewritten apology to the Eagles, McNabb, Coach Reid, Joe Banner, and Jeff Lurie that was without a doubt the most insincere apology Ive ever heard in my entire life...then Rosenhaus stepped in to take some questions from the media, but not without stopping to do his best unintentional Jerry Maguire impression by shouting wildly "I LOVE THIS GUY" when trying to clear up some rumors about his relationship with T.O....Drew seemed unwilling to answer pretty much any question posed to him, he sounded like a broken record..."Next Question....Next Question...can't talk about it, its a legal matter...Next Question...Next Question..."

I think its too little too late for T.O...the Eagles wont take him back despite this obvious late effort to get back on the team...

Greg

beefstew25

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:53 am

Too little too late....this guy has the mind of a 1st grader....
MLB: Where you are always number one for takeoff.....

Mir

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:43 am

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 35):
I give a great deal of credit to the Iggles for doing this. Despite the trash, they could use him, and they no doubt will have to pay him a substantial sum to ride the pine.

checkmark 

Props to the Eagles for making a decision that can't have been easy, but was the right one.

-Mir

redngold

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:51 am

Quote:
"I fight for what I think is right. In doing so, I alienated a lot of my fans and my teammates,"

Sure you alienated them... because you were fighting for yourself, not your fans or teammates -- fighting for the wrong thing.

Quote:
To McNabb, Owens said, "I apologize to him for any comments that may have been negative."

They "may have been" negative? Liar, liar, pants on fire... You know they were negative, T.O., that's why you made the comments.

Still trying to make excuses and defer responsibility while making a so-called apology, eh, T.O.? You just want your money and your fame back. You still don't realize the real problem.

redngold
Up, up and away!

USAFHummer

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:03 am

If you missed the T.O./Rosenhaus press conference, you can apparently view it at the link below by going down to "Multimedia" and then clicking on the Nov. 8 link titled "Terrell Owens press conference"...its pretty classic!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=38911

Greg

USAFHummer

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:30 am

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, the best bit occurs at about 15:35 into the streaming video when a reporter asks Rosenhaus the following...

"Drew, you've been with Terrell for 5 months, what have you done for him other than getting kicked off the team?"

Rosenhaus immediately goes "Next question", but if you watch T.O. in the background, he's been expressionless for the entire Q&A session, but you can see him react to that question with a smirk and nod a bit, and then T.O WINKS (!) at the reporter who asked the question and starts laughing a bit in the background...its classic...I have a feeling Drew won't be T.O.'s agent much longer...

Greg

[Edited 2005-11-09 00:31:52]

scbriml

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:50 am

Quoting Beefstew25 (Reply 42):
Too little too late....this guy has the mind of a 1st grader....

Frankly, that's a gross insult................ to the 1st graders!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

S12PPL

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:58 am

TO deserves every bit of what he's getting. That's what he gets for going to an agent like Drew. This guy does nothing but try and gouge teams so HE can have a big pay day. The TO-Drew combo head disaster written ALL over it. Those two personalities together is a mess, but fun to watch. They're break up will almost be as funny as TO and McNab's Smile