BMIFlyer
Topic Author

France Riots: Could France Impose "Martial Law"?

Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:31 am

Looking at the latest news, the situation in France is getting worse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4414684.stm

The rioting is fast spreading to other cities, including as mentioned above, Tolouse.

Throughout the past week, the injury toll and damage cost has rapidly increased, while the violence level has gotten worse every night.

I recently listened to a news report on the radio, featuring an interview with a french official who stated that the rioters are "Out to kill the police" and his view of this is backed by the fact that in just one night, over 10 cops were shot by rioters.

What should the authorities do now?? I know that they now have powers to impose curfews, but i feel that this is too little too late. If the violence gets worse could we see the deployment of the French Military onto the streets (maybe even impose Martial Law), or would this only worsen the situation???

Your comments and views are welcomed....

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

jamesag96

RE: France Riots: Could France Impose "Martial Law"?

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:23 am

They should certainly do something...how this thing has gone on for 12 days unabated is beyond me.

I fear this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better.

The authorities need to grow a pair and put this shit down once and for all but with all of the BS feel good don't want to offend the rioters...that won't likely happen any time soon.
Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

UAL747

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:30 am

Enacting martial law opens a pandora's box of problems, too complex for me to explain, as I'm no professor of French Politics and Culture, but I think the images of martial law will further anger these rioters. It may be a necessary evil however. But I do wonder, with 1400 people arrested, how the areas institutions of safety, police, fire, and detention are handling this.

Let's pray this violence is only against shitty Citroens and not against innocent civilians, although I think one fatality has been confirmed.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

jamesag96

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:35 am

I read that there is one confirmed fatality...a guy was beaten to death after he tried to stop some trash bins from burning.

I thought I remember hearing about a woman that was set on-fire...heard anything about that?

solarix

RE: France Riots: Could France Impose "Martial Law

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:38 am

I find it amazing people are offended by Sarkozy calling the rioting criminals "scum". What else should they be called...."peace loving angels" ???

I hope French authorities can get the riots stopped ASAP. France is a great country and it is sad to see it being attacked by these imported roaches.
Bong Hits 4 Jesus

jamesag96

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:41 am

I have been out of the loop for a bit...just how widespread is it?

BMIFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:52 am

Quoting JamesAg96 (Reply 5):
I have been out of the loop for a bit...just how widespread is it?

It has spread now to many more cities and towns. Either way its not looking like going away soon  Sad

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Espion007

RE: France Riots: Could France Impose "Martial Law

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:06 pm

What about martrian law?

[Edited 2005-11-08 04:06:27]
Snakes on a Plane!