UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Booking Flights/hotels While Daydreaming

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:37 pm

Bwahahaha just got off the phone with one of my wife's tasty female friends :

*green green green*
Me : Hello, this is Will
Her : Hi there, have you received my flight details ?
Me : Indeed !
Her : It's great, isn't it ?
Me : Yup, except you booked for November 29th.
We're leaving DECEMBER 29th.
Her : No kidding ? RHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

Another of my foolish coworkers was quite happy to show me the good deal he had found on a DUB to BCN flight during the summer hols.

Except he has purchased a BCN to DUB ticket  Silly

Has any of the above already happened to you ?

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

707CMF

RE: Booking Flights/hotels While Daydreaming

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:47 pm

The closest that happened to me was to book in advance a movie for the next day... Except I thought it was for the next day, while it was actually for the next hour...

Cheers,

jap

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:55 pm

Booked a flight to London for me and my mom once... one month before we were supposed to leave... the return date was correct though- would've been one heck of a hotel bill  Silly
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

noelg

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:00 pm

I booked flights to AKL on CX and entered my wife's name in the wrong way round (i.e. Surname Firstname)  crazy 

CX were very good and understanding about it though and changed it free of charge!

Cheers,
Noel.

jap

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:40 pm

Quoting Noelg (Reply 3):
I booked flights to AKL on CX and entered my wife's name in the wrong way round (i.e. Surname Firstname) crazy

CX were very good and understanding about it though and changed it free of charge!

That's happened to me too  Silly - we didn't find out until check-in  Silly It was in New York, so I got kind of worried (extra security and such)... but it was through no fault of our own as Virgin staff travel and the ticket office had been handling the case and we DID give them the right info... they just put it down wrong  Wink

atrude777

Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:28 pm

Quoting Jap (Reply 4):
That's happened to me too Silly - we didn't find out until check-in Silly It was in New York, so I got kind of worried (extra security and such)... but it was through no fault of our own as Virgin staff travel and the ticket office had been handling the case and we DID give them the right info... they just put it down wrong

Sure..blame it on the virgins.. Wink

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

skidmarks

Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:30 am

I booked my return flight to the Isle of Man for the same day we left SFO - only trouble was we arrived back in UK the day after! Thank heaven for a wife in Customer Services Big grin

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

jap

Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:44 am

Quoting Atrude777 (Reply 5):
Sure..blame it on the virgins..  Wink

angel  it's aaaaaall the virgins' fault- or the emus! And you know it! Big grin

ManuCH
Crew

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:23 am

We once decided that we wanted to go to Disneyland Paris (well, not only there) "from saturday to saturday". While booking the Disney hotel they ask you "how many days would you like to stay?" so I typed "7" ... the system told me the date we'll have to leave, and I booked the flight according to that date.

It wasn't until we checked into the hotel that we found out we already had to leave on friday  Smile so it's all Disney's fault Big grin
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself