9VSPO
Topic Author

Sperm Donor Must Pay Maintenance

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:54 am

A Swedish man who donated sperm to a lesbian couple has been ordered to pay child support for their three children.

In the early 1990s the man, now 39, donated his sperm to a woman in a lesbian relationship. She had three sons, the oldest of whom is now 13 years old.
Although the man signed a document confirming he was the biological father of the children, he told the court the women agreed he would not be involved in their upbringing in any way.
But when the women separated, the biological mother of the three boys demanded child support payments from the man.
He went to court but lost the case and the subsequent appeal before taking the matter to the Supreme Court, the highest appeals court in the country.

The Supreme Court has confirmed the earlier rulings, stating that the biological father is required to pay child support to the mother of the three children he indirectly fathered.

Now that's what I call madness!!  headache 

cosec59

RE: Sperm Donor Must Pay Maintenance

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:57 am

Well he did leave a small deposit so what does he expect?
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

HAWK21M

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:59 am

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

RODOL

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:03 am

The world has gone MADSad

EGGD

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:15 am

That is absolutely ridiculous! That man has to pay a woman he helped just because her lesbian fantasy went tits up?? I call foul play!

ps (link to the article?)

[Edited 2005-11-11 18:15:54]

jetjack74

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:51 am

Whoever ever thinks self-pleasure can't hurt anyone but themselves, think again. Lesson learned here, never donate to someone you know. Anonymity,is the way to go.
Made from jets!

airlinelover

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:25 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 5):
Whoever ever thinks self-pleasure can't hurt anyone but themselves, think again. Lesson learned here, never donate to someone you know. Anonymity,is the way to go.

Someone recently found out he had a kid by a woman who saved his sperm after he deposited it in her mouth.. Well, she inseminated herself with it later, and now he has to pay child support.. I think it was in NY..

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

trvyyz

Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:08 am

How about taking an insurance policy for your sperm for accidental impregnation? biggrin 

Doona

Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:48 am

Great, now we're gonna have to sign pre-nups before we donate our sperm...

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

greasespot

Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:34 am

Pre-nups are invalid when to comes to kids....  Smile

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

Logan22L

Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:55 am

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 6):
Someone recently found out he had a kid by a woman who saved his sperm after he deposited it in her mouth.. Well, she inseminated herself with it later, and now he has to pay child support.. I think it was in NY

Shouldn't the turkey baster have to pay in this case?
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

jafa39

Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:20 am

Quoting 9VSPO (Thread starter):
Now that's what I call madness!!

Utterly crazy, if a lesbian wants to be a "father" (one of them must have been the "bloke") then she should assume all the responsibilities that that entails, instead, we get someone who no doubt ranted on about equal rights for gays at every opportunity and then uses her gender to escape her responsibilities towards a life she decided to create!!

Don't get me started, hold me back and sedate me!!!!
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

dl021

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:40 pm

So, I wonder if this woman understands that she has set her cause of equality for women back to the starting point by admitting in court that a woman is incapable of making or properly rearing a child without a man.  duck 
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

jafa39

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:43 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 12):
So, I wonder if this woman understands that she has set her cause of equality for women back to the starting point by admitting in court that a woman is incapable of making or properly rearing a child without a man.

Well said sir, well said!!!
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

Doona

Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:53 pm

Quoting Greasespot (Reply 9):
Pre-nups are invalid when to comes to kids....

Crap. I have to make a phone call...

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

Matt27

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:30 pm

If he had gone to a sperm clinic this never would have happened. He obviously knew the women before and did a "private transaction".

Although the man signed a document confirming he was the biological father of the children, he told the court the women agreed he would not be involved in their upbringing in any way.

Can he prove that?? Any contract??

Whatever...
Man ska inte dricka rödvin i en vit hall.

MD11Engineer

Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:01 pm

Quoting Matt27 (Reply 15):
If he had gone to a sperm clinic this never would have happened. He obviously knew the women before and did a "private transaction".

There are some countries now (IIRC I've heard about a case in Australia), where the anonymity of sperm donors in sperm banks has been lifted, due to the child's right (according to some court) to know the biological father. AFAIK, Australia has a big problem since then with the fact that nobody is willing to donate sperm anymore. There was a thread here on A.net some months ago discussing it.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Jamie757

Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:08 pm

Quoting Matt27 (Reply 15):

Can he prove that?? Any contract??

Whatever...

I second that, sounds to me like it was just some slapdash arrangement between the two persons. If it had gone through the proper channels, then maybe the guy wouldn't be facing the problems that he is.
 Yeah sure

Rgds.
"I feel like a turkey who's just caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him!"

GVWOW

Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:41 am

He was trying to be nice!  banghead  Everyone hears the stories where the relationship goes bad and everything turns horrible and by some miracle the kid finds the biological father (though I understand the father is not at all being a savior...). I think letting the ladies bring up the children was the best thing to do other than remaining completely anonynous. (though I'm sure less glorious intentions could be debated). I could understand how someone desperate could make such a demand, but in that situation it's ridiculus!  boggled  Unfortunately for the child, the soundness of the relationship is the parents' responsibility.

alberchico

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:35 am

This is why you should never help people..............
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !