ABfemme
Topic Author

Little Britain

Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:42 pm

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Little Britain Series 3 starts on Thursday BBC 1
What new shocks are we in for I wonder !!!!..........  Wow!

Claire
Women do not have hot flushes, they have power surges

backfire

RE: Little Britain

Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:23 am

I'm sorry, but someone is going to have to explain to me why this series is even remotely funny. It just strikes me as cheap rubbish, typical of today's dumbed-down TV in the UK.

9VSPO

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:05 am

Yesterday I got tickets for the live show - 5 rows from the front!! Big grin  Big grin

tmatt95

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:07 am

Hi,

Quoting Backfire (Reply 1):
I'm sorry, but someone is going to have to explain to me why this series is even remotely funny. It just strikes me as cheap rubbish, typical of today's dumbed-down TV in the UK.

I think Little Britain can be seen as the comedy version of Marmite, you either love it or you hate it. I have been on both sides of this divide. When it started I thought it was amazing. Then the whole format, to me, got boring and repetitive but I am fully back behind the little Britain craze once again, after watching old episodes that I recorded onto video.

Matt

jush

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:13 am

It started when i lived in Britain. But i haven't seen it cause it was on BBC3 that time. Nice to see it moving to BBC1 i would've loved to see it it seemed really funny in all that trailers. Didn't it win one or more Baftas?

Regards
jush
There is one problem with airbus. Though their products are engineering marvels they lack passion, completely.

viveAF

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:44 am

9VSPO - we went to the Manchester Show on Thursday.... it was excellent ! All the characters are there, and some of the new ones from Series 3. Very well produced, they use a lot of back video projection.

Favourite bits ? Vicky Pollard adressing the assembled `school audience` - Marjorie Dawes hosting a FatFighters meeting (with audience participation...) - BUBBLES DE VERE !!!, and The Vomiting Lady.... euuugh  Smile

AND... the encore.... won`t say anymore, but they got a standing ovation !

Enjoy !

Thom@s

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:08 am

I must be an exception. I neither love it or hate it. I watch it whenever it happens to be on, and some of it is quite funny.  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

9VSPO

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:32 am

Quoting ViveAF (Reply 5):
won`t say anymore, but they got a standing ovation !

I'm not surprised! They are so down to earth talented guys. I can't wait! I'm looking forward to Emily and Florence and Sabastian... Big grin