NWA742
Topic Author

Jesse Jackson - Owen Suspension "Much Too Severe"

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:36 am

You all knew this was bound to happen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...es-owens-jackson&prov=ap&type=lgns

But Jackson said Owens' suspension without pay for four games and deactivation for the rest of the season is "much too severe for the charge"

The civil rights activist said the level of punishment could have been warranted if Owens had been caught shaving points, selling drugs, carrying a gun or fighting fans without sufficient restraint.

Translation: The NFL should never suspend black people.

How many would put his/her life savings on a bet that Jackson would have kept his mouth shut if TO was white?

Just another prime example of JJ and the racist douchebag that he is.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

david b.

RE: Jesse Jackson - Owen Suspension "Much Too Seve

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:41 am

He said that the Eagles showed a lack of class. For this he was given the boot for a whole year? Yea, its a little too much if you asked me.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

JBirdAV8r

RE: Jesse Jackson - Owen Suspension "Much Too Severe"

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:43 am

I think JJ did exactly what he intended to do by ranting on this.

He had me going "Oh, HE's still alive?"
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

aa61hvy

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:45 am

Jesse Jackson and Drew Rosenhaus could be the worst combination of all time.
Go big or go home

SYRGuy

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:56 am

Here we go again, typical Jesse Jackson waiting in the wings until something happens to a black sports figure, celebrity or whatever. He doesnt give a damn how severe the crime/wrongdoing is, its always a race issue with him.

He makes me sick. I wish this lunatic would get a clue.
"My offer is this......Nothing, not even the fee for the gaming license"

stlgph

Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:19 am

i wish someone with balls like me would be NFL president. i'd love to make a statement saying "Jesse Jackson has been suspended the rest of the year, too".

might actually make ESPN interesting for a day or two.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

SFOMEX

Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:33 am

Where are the "attention whore" pics when you need them? Mr. Jackson has no shame, looking for free media coverage wherever he can find it.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

NWA742
Topic Author

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:29 am

Quoting David b. (Reply 1):
He said that the Eagles showed a lack of class. For this he was given the boot for a whole year? Yea, its a little too much if you asked me.

Can't say I'm surprised, David B, to hear this from you.

He was suspended because of his overall poor and insulting attitudes and behaviors towards his team-members and his bosses.

It's just like any other business.

Let's say you go to work one day, insult all your co-workers -- let them know they all suck, you're better than them -- and then do the same thing to your boss and his boss, and their boss.

Would you expect them to give you a slap on the wrist, or send your ass out the door?

You act as if TO was simply critisizing his team -- no, he was insulting them. There is a wide difference between insulting and constructive criticism.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

AGC525

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:34 am

TO has been nothing but a problem, off and on the field for a long time. This was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I'd have more respect for Jesse Jackson if he stated the punishment for the two Carolina Panther cheerleaders was too severe. Now that was going too far. Ray Lewis can kill somebody, and the NFL doesn't care. Two cheerleaders dike it out and get canned...
American Aviation: From Kitty Hawk to the Moon in 66 years!

ANCFlyer

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:40 am

Is there nothing this idiot Jackson doesn't stick his nose in to?

TO deserved what he got . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

dl021

Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:02 am

Quoting NWA742 (Thread starter):
The civil rights activist said the level of punishment could have been warranted if Owens had been caught shaving points, selling drugs, carrying a gun or fighting fans without sufficient restraint.

The offences he mentions would be enough to get TO arrested. not to mention fired and banned for life from the league.

Quoting SYRGuy (Reply 4):
its always a race issue with him

No....lts always a money issue for him......the hypocrite....
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

FlyingTexan

Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:16 am

Jesse Jackson is attracted to crap like flies landing on piles my dog deposits in the back yard.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

Thumper

Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:09 am

Jesse Jackson and T.O. deserve each other.

PHLBOS

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:53 am

From the web-article:

Ralph Nader, a consumer activist and former presidential candidate, has already called for the suspension to be rescinded.

Apparently Jackson isn't the only loony here. What does Ralph Nader know about the NFL and who cares what he thinks on this issue?

Quoting Thumper (Reply 12):
Jesse Jackson and T.O. deserve each other.

I wonder how long it will be until we see a tabloid headline read,
T.O. Is Jesse Jackson's Long-Lost Love-Child!  sarcastic 
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

Pope

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:54 am

Everyone knows that W ordered T.O. suspension.

Signed,

B744F
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

Mir

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:11 am

Quoting David b. (Reply 1):
He said that the Eagles showed a lack of class. For this he was given the boot for a whole year?

That, and the fact that he refused to apologize for it, got in a fight with a former team member in the locker room, insulted the quarterback of the team unfairly, and a bunch of other stuff.

This isn't the first time that Terrell Owens (why the hell do we have to grant him superstar status by giving him his own name?) has acted like an idiot. In fact, he has a history of it. The suspension may be an instance of making an example of someone (and all the more power to the Eagles for doing it - maybe it'll make all the prima donnas in sports think twice about spouting their mouths off), but it's hardly unjustified.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Superfly

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:19 am

I wish Jessie Jackson wouldn't waste his energy on some stupid jock/athlete.
Bring back the Concorde

cfalk

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:23 am

The guy gets paid X million dollars per year for 6 months of work (or play), and he goes around insulting his employer and his collegues, and all in public to boot. That fits my definition of an absolute moron.

If I had that job, I would shut up and do whatever I can to keep that revenue for a few years and retire by the age of 30. After retirement, then you can write your scandalous memoirs.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

lh477

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:30 am

Jesse needs to shut up!

Frankly T.O. got what he deserved. I wish there more teams like the Eagles who say "enough". Owens needs to be taught a lesson about consquences of ones action.
Come on you gunners......!!!!!

Superfly

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:37 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 18):
If I had that job, I would shut up and do whatever I can to keep that revenue for a few years and retire by the age of 30. After retirement, then you can write your scandalous memoirs.

I agree but that requires a certain amount of intelligence.
This is a man who has been praised all his life for being a great athlete and probably never had to work hard at anything off the football field. I am sure he was spoiled by coaches throughout high school, college and even in the NFL. He's had money and pu$$y given to him just for being a great athlete.
People need to stop having such high-expectations of these spoiled brats and look at them as nothing more than entertainers. Sure there are some smart guys that pass through the NFL and NBA but intelligence isn't a requirement to be successful in this arena.
It really disappoints me that Jessie Jackson would even waste any of his time talking about some damn athlete.
Bring back the Concorde

N766UA

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:48 am

Screw Jesse Jackson, screw T.O., the whiner got what he deserved. Both of them need to be put in a hole where nobody can hear them complain.
This Website Censors Me

dl021

Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:44 am

Well, if we're going to talk about Owens then I'll say this. He's a man of contradictions. He can't talk about his grandmother, who raised him, without some tears. He works very hard at his job. He is good to his employees and friends (a friend of mine here in ATL occasionally works as a bodyguard for him) and he's a genuinely talented guy.

He's also got a severe case of diahrrea of the mouth, and can't seem to grasp the concept of loyalty or honoring a contract. He believes that he should not be held to account for his own actions, and proves it with every new situation he generates. Oh, and he's fairly self-indulgently racist.

I think he needs to get fired and the league needs to understand that he's a problem child and let him sit out a season before someone hires him again. Perhaps that'll show him that he's not indispensible.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

TheSorcerer

Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:49 am

Sorry guys but who's Jesse Jackson?

The Sorcerer
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)

JeffM

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:17 am

Quoting TheSorcerer (Reply 26):
Sorry guys but who's Jesse Jackson?

A legend in his own mind.

USAFHummer

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:23 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 3):

Wise (and very true) words from a Cowgirl fan...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

omoo

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:06 am

I truly believe the boy is confused. He is apologetic now, but once back on the team things will be just the same. He always tries to push the envelope.
Fly Air Popobawa

FriendlySkies

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:52 am

I'm all for civil rights, and with that note, JJ can cram his racist bullshit up his ass...

usnseallt82

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:58 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 3):

checkmark 

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 9):
TO deserved what he got . . .

checkmark 

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
Everyone knows that W ordered T.O. suspension.

Signed,

B744F

hahaha  checkmark 

Seems like everyone's already voiced my opinion. I hope the cocky bastard learns a lesson, but I doubt it since some other schmuck team will be on the prowl to pick him up.

As far as the always outspoken Jesse Jackoff goes, he just pulls his thoughts from the same cesspool as Kanye and B744F. Their time will come.  yes 
Crye me a river

aa61hvy

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:09 am

Philly can't get it done against Dallas, with or without TO...
Go big or go home

TPASXM787

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:45 am

This is what I get for not spending enough a.net time. Everyone beat me to my opinion.

T.O. has been a cancer his whole career. He'll get a one year deal somewhere, be Mr. Perfect for about 6 months, then piss them off too.

As for JJ...chirp chirp

He's so far out in left field I don't even listen to him anymore.

Ah well, to the beach I go.

Sunny and 80 degrees here today Big grin
This is the Last Stop.

WellHung

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:55 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 28):
How is that? Because I called him the racist douchebag that he is? Yeah, I must've been really foaming at the mouth.

Well, if you feel so strongly the you call someone a 'racist douchebag' you certainly are foaming at the mouth. By the way, who was the lucky guy?

Again, care to back yourself up? Why does it seem that way, and how have you made such an assumption from my posts? If I typed in all caps and put on a "fuck the world" kind of act --- well, then you could safely make that assumption that I hate everyone. But guess what? I don't do anything of the sort.

You're an angry guy, evidenced by many of your posts here. Look up your own name if you need 'proof'. I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone else. Stop trying to make this a contest and accept yourself for who you are.

You may think this is funny, but you are throwing out some serious accusations.

It is funny.  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Nice try -- well, at least you attempted to back yourself up this time -- but as usual, it didn't work. You see -- you only came up with one statement of mine, and conveniently left out all the rest of my statements in that thread which helped clarify why your accusations against me were, and still are, complete horseshit.

Well, how else do you interpret the following statement?

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 11):
stuff her ass into a little boiling hot tub, lock the cover on it, and spin it around for 10 minutes. Giver her a little taste of her own medicine.

Doesn't really leave much room for interpretation, regardless of what you've said before or after the above statement. As I'm sure you know, that is not the only statement where you call for murder or torture of people, but probably the most 'colorful'.

Yeah, and your "Nah, you're all talk, no action" insult is just so deserving of its unique style and emotion. I mean, it was utterly moving. It was.....poingant.

Insult? You say how everyone deserves this or deserves that, but at the end of the day, you are just another jockey hammering away at your keyboard. If all talk, no action is an insult, you're insulting yourself. I don't have to do it for you.

Well, I'm sure it burns that you can't respond, so I'll stop here. Look forward to hearing from you when the vacation is over.  bigmouth 

Try not to murder any moderators for an 'unjust' ban.  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

ORFflyer

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:22 am

Quoting NWA742 (Thread starter):
Just another prime example of JJ and the racist douchebag that he is.

checkmark 

Quoting DL021 (Reply 10):
No....lts always a money issue for him......the hypocrite....

It's both. He only sees the dollar signs jump out on his perceived racist issues.

Chip

usnseallt82

Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:18 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 34):
Well, I'm sure it burns that you can't respond, so I'll stop here. Look forward to hearing from you when the vacation is over.

I'm sure your time will come.

By the way...........do you have anything substantial to contribute besides your usual spew?
Crye me a river