richardnhsv

Anyone In CLT This Week?

Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:43 am

Going to be in CLT this week and have absolutely no idea what to do... any ideas?
"If you've ever had a filet this good, welcome back." - Ruth Fertel

ANCFlyer

RE: Anyone In CLT This Week?

Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:52 am

FlyGuyClt is usually haunting Civ-Av - he might have some ideas . . .

If you're in to NASCAR at all, you're in the right grid square for the big time teams . . . most have museums in their shops . . . head north on I-77 about 20 miles and you'll be right in the middle of them.

I lived just north of there in Davidson for a couple years . . . but noticed with chagrin, there isn't that much going on in CLT. There are great restaurants . . . and the area north of the city has been developed extensively in the last 5-8 years.

There are however, no real "sights" to see. CLT is a great city, but it was never the Capitol of the Confederacy, or the site of an important civil war battle or anything of that nature . . . . even the older, historic buildings in town have been destroyed and replaced.

Perhaps try to find FlyGuyClt in Civ-Av and see what he suggests . . . .

EDIT: Charlotte is a lot like Huntsville . . . . lots of $$$, CLT from banking and HSV form the gov't. Great places to eat, easy to navigate, plenty of clubs and bars . . . but little in the way of culture and history . . . I do not count the Space Center in HSV as culture  wink . I was in HSV a month ago . . . danged if I forgot to tell you . . . .

[Edited 2005-11-14 03:57:29]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND