Travel Advice - India

Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:19 am

Hi guys,

Need some help from people who've visited India (or the Indian A.nutters)..

Basically, on my way over to Thailand from London this Christmas, I'm stopping in India and planning to spend a few days there. Already have a visa so that's sorted. Basically, I will arrive in Mumbai on a Thursday morning at 7:30 am and leaving Delhi at 11 pm on Saturday night - so that leaves me with about (less than) 3 days in total to experience all the must-sees. Basically, I'm planning to spend a day each in Mumbai, Agra and Delhi. The current plan is to spend the day I arrive exploring Mumbai, fly over to Delhi (with Spicejet or Kingfisher) in the early hours of the next morning, check in to a hotel and head over by rail to Agra, hire a tour guide for the day and back to Delhi that evening, then spend the whole of next day before my flight seeing what Delhi has to offer. However, I've had a look around the hotel prices and hotels in Agra seem to be much cheaper than the other 2, so I'm trying to figure out a way in which I can spend the 2nd night in Agra instead of Delhi but still managing to catch all three cities, the only thing putting me off that idea is the huge suitcase I'm taking to Bangkok that I don't really fancy dragging to/from various rail stations instead of leaving it in a hotel in Delhi.

Any travel experts in the region got a better idea?  innocent  Also, any one know any websites/agents for cheap(ish) hotels in India?

Cheers for your help!  goodvibes 

RE: Travel Advice - India

Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:39 pm

What category of hotels are you looking for? Budget or Star category? In Delhi you can get a clean air conditioned room from Rs. 800.00 onwards.
An airplane might disappoint any pilot but it'll never surprise a good one.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:40 pm

It's full of Indians who keep stealing British call centre jobs  Angry
 stirthepot  duck 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:14 pm

I've been twice and from experience and with your tight schedule I would not rely on making the connection from Agra.

This website has lots of useful information, hotel reviews and knowledgable travellers. Try posting there.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:58 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 2):
It's full of Indians who keep stealing British call centre jobs

Ironic twist to history, hunh?
The only thing we have to fear is the sky falling on our heads. -Asterix