afrikaskyes

The Aruba Boycott And US Carriers

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:25 pm

How will the newly implemented boycott against Aruba affect US Carriers flying into Aruba? I kinda feel bad for the Aruban folks. My understanding is that this boycott will be brutal for their tourism and economy.

Maybe the loads will be down enough for some great nonrev opportunities! I'm not going to let a senseless boycott organized by a bunch of uncultured soccer moms ruin my day at the beach!

ikramerica

RE: The Aruba Boycott And US Carriers

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:29 pm

Implemented by who? A congressman?

Congressmen say lots of things for publicity.

That said, I think the handling of this whole thing in Aruba has turned off some potential tourists to the island. Not due to a boycott, just because they feel less safe, because though crime is supposed to be low there, the way their justice system works and the way they bury things to help tourism, some here start to wonder if crime really is that low. Other caribbean nations have some major crime problems as well, so it's not just an Aruba thing.

It'll all blow over relatively quickly, and if Aruban hotels cut prices by 10-20% to stave off any decrease in tourism (should they see it), you'll see people flock back. Saving money makes people do stranger things, like fly RyanAir...  Wink
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

jumbojet

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:30 pm

not unless of course, it was someone you knew who was killed there

[Edited 2005-11-13 05:31:35]

RDUDDJI

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:47 pm

Hey 149 out of 150 high school students agree that it's a great place to go for Spring Break...

Couldn't resist.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

COEWR2587

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:52 pm

This whole Aruba boycott thing is dumb. For anyone whoes been to Aruba would probably agree it's safer than any city in our own country and most towns.
Newark Airport...My Home Away From Home

YYZatcboy

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:54 pm

Let's see them try to boycott France :P
DHC1/3/4 MD11/88 L1011 A319/20/21/30 B727 735/6/7/8/9 762/3 E175/90 CRJ/700/705 CC150. J/S DH8D 736/7/8

piercey

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:56 pm

And I'm one of the 149! VIVA ARUBA!!!!!!!!!  Smile

Seriously this will all blow over soon. sry, but they are their own country and they can do whatever the hell they want, even if it's horribly horribly wrong.
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

wjcandee

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:04 pm

I saw somebody mention that one reason that "crime" is so low in Aruba is that "nothing is illegal there"... They mean, of course, drinking, drugs, prostitution, etc.

Sadly, despite their completely incompetent, citizen-protecting judicial system, the Arubans have actually benefitted from the Natalie publicity. Consistent with the "any publicity is good publicity" moniker, more and more students now know that they can drink in Aruba, and more non-students know that they can meet drunk college-age girls there. Great.

kaniksu

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:10 pm

I seriously doubt this boycott is going to effect their tourism industry. If anything has or will it's when the girl went missing and if and when they find her body.

ltbewr

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:23 pm

I would suspect there will be minimal problems from the 'boycott'. The only possible affect is to keep out the USA under 21's from there, which I would say is a good thing. The politicans who promote the idea of a boycott are trying to make political points just before an election (in the USA, a number of states had general elections last Tuesday). Aruba has the same rule of law of the Netherlands so that really isn't the problem.
Aruba has maybe 1-2 murders a year for a resident population of maybe 75,000. It will still be a safe place to go but as with any other place, one where a young woman will be at risk. I wish they would go after the bar in question here, just to foster some responsibilty in them.

jsnww81

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:25 pm

The boycott is ridiculous. There are elements of the investigation that were handled poorly, but honestly the Aruban government have probably put 300 percent more energy into looking for Natalee Holloway than any of us would have gotten. At one point there were fighter jets looking for this girl. How many other missing persons cases can say that?

It makes me furious to see the mother and Alabama's dimwit governor on television calling for a boycott of an island that's bent over backward to accommodate them. Nobody on Aruba forced Natalee to get drunk at Senor Frog's, and the decision to leave the club with whomever she left with was hers and hers alone. I don't want to "blame the victim," but it's naive to visit a foreign country and think you have carte blanche to do as you please.

I empathize with her mother - it must be heartbreaking not to know your child's whereabouts. But going on television and calling for a boycott of the island is not helpful or germane to her cause.

Back on topic  Smile .... no, in the long run this will do nothing to harm Aruba's reputation as a tourist destination. A few small-minded Alabamans might cancel their vacation, but I'm willing all those 757s and 767s are still coming into Reina Beatrix Airport chock-full of passengers.

737-990

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:29 pm

I've never been to Aruba but I'm thinking of non-reving there just to spite those asking for a boycott. I'm sick and tired of turning on the news in the evening and it's wall to wall coverage on the cable news channels.

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 1):
It'll all blow over relatively quickly

I wish it would just blow over but the cable news channels have become to invested in this story to just let it die. Even Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Irag/CIA leak/Supreme Court nominees couldn't kill this story. It was like 20 dead due to a car bombing in Iraq today, let's see what Natalie's mom has to say about it. I mean no disrespect to the family but this media circus has to end. The boycott should be of CNN, FOX News and MSNBC for passing this as news.
Happiest is a man who has his vocation as a hobby

acidradio
Crew

Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:43 pm

Quoting 737-990 (Reply 11):
I've never been to Aruba but I'm thinking of non-reving there just to spite those asking for a boycott. I'm sick and tired of turning on the news in the evening and it's wall to wall coverage on the cable news channels.

You know, I second that. I would like to non-rev to Aruba as well. Now I need to see it's spendor, and meet some drunk college girls  Wink When are we going?

Alabama has made large strides in recent years to attract foreign development (ie. Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Honda factories, Airbus assembly in Mobile, etc.), but I think this could negate that if left unaddressed. It could potentially make foreign investors think twice about developing in Alabama. Alabama is not the most worldly place on earth but for what it is has they done an amazing job in attracting foreign development. They can't ruin it now, too much work has been done to make foreign development happen there! (These words spoken by a former, very short-term Alabamian [went to Auburn])
Ich haben zwei Platzspielen und ein Microphone

COSPN

Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:49 pm

Not good for CO's LGA-AUA starting 19Dec (SGA)

Under 21's should be banned from drinking overseas..

kiwiandrew

Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:54 pm

Could someone please post a link to whatever facts are known about this story - I haven't heard about it and am curious exactly what happened . Who is boycotting and why ?

JoKeR

Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:03 pm

The boycott should be of CNN, FOX News and MSNBC for passing this as news.

Amen!
Kafa, čaj, šraf?

HS748

Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:08 pm

Quoting Wjcandee (Reply 7):
Sadly, despite their completely incompetent, citizen-protecting judicial system

Aruba's or America's? Hard to tell the difference.

letsgetwet

Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:24 pm

I don't understand what they're boycotting. If they boycotted every city in the US that had an unsolved crime, all travel would come to a halt. I thought the Aruban authorities did a very thorough job with this investigation. They even had the US FBI involved. What more does this lady want? She has been living there for free for how long now?

jwenting

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:28 pm

despite their completely incompetent, citizen-protecting judicial system,

In what ways incompetent? There was no body, no evidence, no admission of guilt.
Under the Dutch legal system you can't torture a confession out of people so they couldn't do that either (I don't think you can in the US?).

I've said all along that the kid is likely not on the island and left the island alive.
She's either fishfood somewhere on the bottom of the Caribbean or a slave in some druglord's household which is how a lot of runaway kids end up.

There's no evidence she was murdered or left the island involuntarilly, only hearsay from people who said she MUST have been murdered because she didn't appear at breakfast and wasn't in her room one day.
The people she was last seen with were automatically arrested as the most likely suspects in a crime that was probably never comitted.

Of course a judge could have made up some bogus murder charges and convicted them to make the police and himself look good under foreign pressure, but THAT would have made the entire legal system a sham, not releasing them for lack of evidence against them!
I wish I were flying

COfaninBOS

Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:46 am

Boycott Aruba?

No thanks. How about we boycott Alabama?

piercey

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:04 am

acidradio- 'bama is better  Smile

Either way, they screwed up bigtime and now looks like they'll pay. Hopefully airlines won't get caught in the crossfire.
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:04 am

Excuse me guys, but what Boycott are we exactly talking about. Is it about the murdered girl?

If it's that I consider it a very stupid thing. Aruba is something amazing to be downgraded like this...
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

Venezuela747

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:10 am

They boycott was proposed by our dumb governor here at Alabama to get some votes in his re-election next year.......here is a link to the discussion in Non-av Alabama Gov: Boycot Aruba (by Airlinelover Nov 8 2005 in Non Aviation)a

Aruba is a great place, here is a tip for some great spottin. If you go to that huge shopping center just past the airport as you enter the city, there is a hotel on the southwest side of it, just across the street from that movie theatre. Since that hotel does not have a beach on site, they have an island where there guest can go, I think it is $30 for non-guest or so. Well the island is located just southwest of the docks, which turns out to be parallel to the airports runway. All you gotta do is find your way to the back of the island (the beach/bars are on the east side of the small island) and you'll get the best spotting view ever in aua
ROLL TIDE!!!

BHMNONREV

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:23 am

Quoting COfaninBOS (Reply 19):
How about we boycott Alabama?

I believe Alabama has already been boycotted...

If you took a poll in Birmingham and the surrounding areas, I would bet that 90% or better would say that Ms. Twitty's 15 minutes of fame are over, and are sick of seeing this woman in the local headlines.

Now with that being said I can't even begin to imagine the loss of a child, so I will not try to examine her emotions since this all took place. However I believe her anger and frustration should be placed at the feet of the chaperones of this trip, not the Aruban authorities. I do believe they screwed up the investigation at the start, but later put their best foot forward and did an admirable job. They realized they were in over their heads and asked for outside help from the FBI, among others.

If this story had come from anywhere else except from affluent Mountain Brook (where Natalee was from) it would have not made it past the first week. But since the girl came from a privileged background, the political wheels have been churning in Montgomery, and "by god, this is one of our own here, we must do something. Let's boycott 'em, that will teach 'em they can't do this to us"... rolleyes 

I have lived in Alabama for 11 years, and while I feel they have made great strides in overcoming the 60's Southern stereotype it is incidents like this and the Roy Moore fiasco that make me embarrassed to say I live here.

Boycott Aruba?? Don't worry Alabama, they probably won't even notice you're not there....

Kahala777

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:27 am

The boycott of Aruba is the most insane thing that I hae seen yet this year. It was initiated by a digruntled American mosther that was pissed to know her mother was sleeping with half the island of Aruba. Somehow along the way, the daughter went missing. Get over it. It is not a reason to block an entire nation and its financial gain.

Why dont people from Holland and Aruba, boycott the United States?

KAHALA777

Cadet57

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:36 am

Aruba is a wonderful place, i just went in july, and if airfares wernt so expensive in feb i would go again.. thou with this bs "boycott" i might just splurge a bit and go again.

That being said, this entire case was professional from the beginning, while i was there they found the ducktape with the blonde hair attached and the island was swamped with every news org from auckland to zaire.. and the island bent to them, i spoke with someone from the german press, and he was staying in a room in the home of a local. To the islanders, this entire thing is a black eye to them, and i support the dutch govt and the aruban people in the search for Ms. Halloway. Furthermore, as when the mother chastized the govt of aruba over the summer i was as angry as the citizens. This cannot continue. Their entire economy is based on tourism dollars, specifically US dollars. If this continues the economy of aruba will be destroyed, then there will be no tax dollars to contiue the search... Love the logic govoner...
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

mauriceb

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:55 am

1- aruba's legal age of drinking is 21
2-The Arubian, American and Dutch navy/air force are all based on aruba , with planes (F-60 based on curacao, Regular Orions from america , until recently 2 F-16's from the USA, and since recently a Police helikopter) wich are in service all day long to prefent drugs smugglers smuggeling drugs into Aruba
3- the ''boycot'' wont have any effect on the tourism business because the hotels are always booked , and there is a shortage of hotels... so lets say about 30% of the americans don't want to go to Aruba , its still fully booked
4-Aruba is more saver than about 95% of the places were the A.nutters live...
5-the boycot is nothing more than a bad publicity stunt, by a gov, who want's to be big friends with bush, since he knows the family halloway....

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:57 am

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 24):
The boycott of Aruba is the most insane thing that I hae seen yet this year. It was initiated by a digruntled American mosther that was pissed to know her mother was sleeping with half the island of Aruba. Somehow along the way, the daughter went missing. Get over it. It is not a reason to block an entire nation and its financial gain.

Why don't people from Holland and Aruba, boycott the United States?

While I agree with you that a boycott of Aruba is insane, a boycott of the United States by Holland and Aruba would never work. There are 290 million in the US, how many people live in Holland and Aruba, if not one single person from either country visited the US it would not even register here. However, if every US citizen boycotted Aruba their economy would take a real hit.

By the way the boycott was called for by the Governor of Alabama, and has no official backing the United States government.

commavia

Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:00 am

Quoting Afrikaskyes (Thread starter):
How will the newly implemented boycott against Aruba affect US Carriers flying into Aruba?

Back to the topic at hand -- I suspect the "boycott" will have little-to-no impact whatsoever. AA, the largest U.S. carrier to Aruba, doesn't seem to be having too much trouble filling up planes. Their flights to AUA are apparently very full from JFK, BOS, MIA and SJU. I, myself, am planning a trip to AUA in the next 4-6 months. Can't wait!  Smile

Cheers.

RedAirForce

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:29 am

I love the nitwits here who say she left the island alive (you must know what no one else does, or you are just plain dumb) or that she was sleeping with half the island (no, she is not Dutch, so I doubt she was doing that).

The Gov. of Alabama is a politico looking to get his name in the paper, fine.

But the mother is very frustrated by a poor investigation (the police failed to follow through on alot of leads; if the police did a good job then Dutchie would be in jail) and has heard NOTHING from the local DA for months, nothing. Now, how would you react?

If some of the Euro-morons had this happen to them what would they do to apply pressure? It won't mean much, but it gets the issue of the missing (she is dead, we all know that nice little Dutch boy killed her) girl back in the news. In that regards it is well worth it.

As for boycotting France, an even better idea! They actually deserve it! It would be tough to go there and not find a cab that was burning anyway.

RAF
ps- i'd take the culture of a soccor mom over that of South Africa anyday of the week.

mauriceb

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:36 am

Quoting RedAirForce (Reply 29):
I love the nitwits here who say she left the island alive (you must know what no one else does, or you are just plain dumb) or that she was sleeping with half the island (no, she is not Dutch, so I doubt she was doing that).

atleast our government isn't corrupt (the dutch and the arubian)

But the mother is very frustrated by a poor investigation (the police failed to follow through on alot of leads; if the police did a good job then Dutchie would be in jail)

there are 2 more suspected ,wich aren't dutch

If some of the Euro-morons had this happen to them what would they do to apply pressure? It won't mean much, but it gets the issue of the missing (she is dead, we all know that nice little Dutch boy killed her) girl back in the news. In that regards it is well worth it.

this happens more in whole europe than you think, thrust me, and there isn't such an overheated reaction, each time such think happens.

As for boycotting France, an even better idea! They actually deserve it! It would be tough to go there and not find a cab that was burning anyway.

this is youre 4th , not making sense reply in a row, congrats...

StevenG

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:54 am

This whole story made headlines in The Netherlands this summer but, fortunately, it's almost out of the picture now.

I wonder if this topic should belong in the non-aviation forum by now.
However, the Aruban authorities together with Dutch and US-government officials have done the best they could in trying to solve this case. Indeed, divers, tracker dogs, volunteers, F16's from the Royal Netherlands Air Force (thank you to the Dutch taxpayers) and so on have been involved in the search operations. Calling for a boycott doesn't make sense and almost is like a kick below the belt to the ones mentioned before
I have the same feeling als Jwenting stated in reply 18 about what could have happened to her but maybe she found a new boyfriend that night with whom she is now hiding somewhere, probably in shame.

kl911

Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:06 am

Pffff, is there anyone out there that still thinks she's been killed? There should have been evidence by now, don't you think? I think she just 'disapeared' for either tax reasons, insurance reasons, or for being pregnant... and escaping for it.

KL911

UN_B732

Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:13 am

I think if we don't teach the Arubans how to help, this stuff will continue.

I wholeheartedly support the Boycott of Aruba, and sincerely hope they learn a lesson in dealing with crime.
-Mr. X
What now?

swisswings

Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:25 am

This whole thread is getting out of hand. There is no body, thus there is no murder (yet). So, let's stop assuming things, stop blaming people without evidence and punishing a whole island because of one missing person, whose fate is not clear yet. I wish other things in this world that are happening every day would get as much news coverage as this case. Stop using this site for amateur politics. I am often amazed by the lack of tolerance shown in some threads, especially when things get political. Use this forum for airline related issues. If you want to discuss politics, do it somewhere else or, if you can't avoid it, please with a higher level of global understanding and respect of others.

mauriceb

Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:28 am

I think if we don't teach the Arubans how to help, this stuff will continue.

I wholeheartedly support the Boycott of Aruba, and sincerely hope they learn a lesson in dealing with crime.
-Mr. X

We in europe also don't boycot serbia and montenegro do we? while there is way and waaay more crime there than the whole antillen counted together...

B777-700

Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:25 am

I wish it would just blow over but the cable news channels have become to invested in this story to just let it die. Even Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Irag/CIA leak/Supreme Court nominees couldn't kill this story. It was like 20 dead due to a car bombing in Iraq today, let's see what Natalie's mom has to say about it. I mean no disrespect to the family but this media circus has to end. The boycott should be of CNN, FOX News and MSNBC for passing this as news

There's 3 reasons why this is still in the news:

1 - She's rich
2 - She's attractive
3 - She's white

Go to Aruba and enjoy yourselves.

[Edited 2005-11-13 23:55:12]
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

Tornado82

Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:49 am

Quoting COEWR2587 (Reply 4):
This whole Aruba boycott thing is dumb. For anyone whoes been to Aruba would probably agree it's safer than any city in our own country and most towns.

I'd feel ALOT safer down there than I would on the streets of New York City, Chicago, LA, Philly, or even downtown inner-city Allentown.

Quoting Piercey (Reply 20):

Either way, they screwed up bigtime and now looks like they'll pay

Will they? Looks like the majority of people (myself included) didn't know that boycott existed till now, and still looks like most don't care. I think the only people who'll pay are the one's making a young girl's disappearance into a political issue.

magyar

Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:59 am

I would just hand a bunch of "Have you seen me?" fliers
to this governor. People receive them in US cities on a
daily basis so there is no problem to collect them.
For those who does not know these are asking residents
whether they know anything about missing peoples.
I remember seeing some where the person was missing
since the eighties.
Then, I would ask the senator why do you need to go Aruba
to champion the issue of missing people?

COEWR2587

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:25 am

The drinking age in Aruba isn't 21, it's 18.
Newark Airport...My Home Away From Home

Cadet57

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:26 am

Or 17 at the at the Paradise Beach Villas pool bar....  laughing   wink 
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

CO787

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:52 am

This is my first post, and first off I go to Aruba 6-10 weeks a year and have to say that it has to be one of the safest places I have ever been. Although she may have gone missing, you can't blame the Aruban Government for that because the same thing happens all over the world as well. Even though one person is trying to boycott Aruba, that doesn't mean we should listen to them, we should still go there and support their island because they weather is great, the food is fantastic, and the people are friendlier there then they are in the States. O well that just means more space for us who aren't going to be bothered by the "boycott!"

chris133

Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:08 am

I do feel bad for the family of the girl, but to boycott an entire country for something that happens everyday here in just about every city is just plain stupid. I have been to Aruba a few times and I can tell you that I have never felt that safe in ANY city here in the US. Maybe we should fix our own problems before we chastise other people for theirs.

letsgetwet

Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:56 pm

What kind of parents would let a 17 year old girl fly to a foreign island without proper adult supervision.? This trip was not sanctioned by her school. If the mother is looking to blame someone for the disappearance of her daughter, she should be looking in a mirror,

VHXLR8

Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:59 pm

Quoting COSPN (Reply 13):

Ok, so now you're going to start dictating to other countries what their laws should or shouldn't be??

B707Stu

Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:12 pm

Quoting COfaninBOS (Reply 19):
No thanks. How about we boycott Alabama?

checkmark 

Quoting Swisswings (Reply 34):
This whole thread is getting out of hand. There is no body, thus there is no murder (yet). So, let's stop assuming things, stop blaming people without evidence and punishing a whole island because of one missing person, whose fate is not clear yet. I wish other things in this world that are happening every day would get as much news coverage as this case. Stop using this site for amateur politics. I am often amazed by the lack of tolerance shown in some threads, especially when things get political. Use this forum for airline related issues. If you want to discuss politics, do it somewhere else or, if you can't avoid it, please with a higher level of global understanding and respect of others.

checkmark 

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 36):
There's 3 reasons why this is still in the news:

1 - She's rich
2 - She's attractive
3 - She's white

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

PHLAUA

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:28 pm

I agree that this so-called "boycott" is ridiculus. I think that people who are trying to set this up are those narrow minded people that can't understand how any country's legal/judicial system isn't run exactly like ours. I'm not saying that their may not have been mistakes made, but these journalists and others who are leading this crusade just don't seem to care that legal systems in countries other than the US's are different. I say go to Aruba and enjoy yourself. I love Aruba and I'll definately be back again!

Bon nochi,

Jeff

thegooddoctor

Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:03 pm

Quoting COSPN (Reply 13):

...why?

If we're going to make decisions about legal age by evaluating the number of people who die from an activity, I'd much rather drop the drinking age in the U.S. to 16 and raise the age that one can get a driver's license to 21...

Quoting Letsgetwet (Reply 17):
They even had the US FBI involved. What more does this lady want? She has been living there for free for how long now?

There seems to be a disturbing trend lately - mothers who use the death of their children to garner media attention... I truly feel for their loss, but I can't help but feel they are dishonoring the lives of their children with this sort of rediculousness.
The GoodDoctor

DarthRandall

Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:30 pm

It amazes me that this sort of thing actually bothers some people. How many murder investigations are going on now in our own respective local areas? the whole business would make me personally feel safer to go there just to know that murders there are so rare that they still get headlines.

Sadly, despite their completely incompetent, citizen-protecting judicial system, the Arubans have actually benefitted from the Natalie publicity. Consistent with the "any publicity is good publicity" moniker, more and more students now know that they can drink in Aruba, and more non-students know that they can meet drunk college-age girls there. Great.

Sad but true. After all, who among us would even consider taking a vacation to Amsterdam if we didn't know anything about the Red Light District?

Quoting Commavia (Reply 28):
I suspect the "boycott" will have little-to-no impact whatsoever. AA, the largest U.S. carrier to Aruba, doesn't seem to be having too much trouble filling up planes.

I can confirm that. Airline tickets out there through the next couple months are running outrageously high. Furthermore, the hotels are all going to be just about reaching capacity for this coming holiday season. It seems the threat of hurricanes in more northern areas of the Carribbean is much more intimidating than a single murder.
Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads all the time and don't even think twice about it.

schipholjfk

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:14 pm

Quoting Afrikaskyes (Thread starter):
How will the newly implemented boycott against Aruba affect US Carriers flying into Aruba? I kinda feel bad for the Aruban folks. My understanding is that this boycott will be brutal for their tourism and economy.

Dumbest freaking boycott proposed by some red neck legislator! Aruba is a fantastic place. If we counted the number of tourists murdered in the U.S. over the years... heck, we won't have a soul visiting us! Stupid... the whole thing! What would a politician not do to earn brownie points.

[Edited 2005-11-14 09:20:13]
The fun of flying... love it !!!