MSYtristar
Topic Author

Ryan Adams To Release 3rd Album Of The Year

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:41 am

I don't know if any of you guys like the music of Ryan Adams, but i'm a big fan, have been since '01. Anyway, Adams and his band, the Cardinals, have released two cd's this year thus far: Cold Roses and Jacksonville City Nights. Both were excellent. Cold Roses had a Grateful Dead feel to it, and JCN was mostly flat out old school country. If anything can ever be said about Ryan, the guy is eclectic to say the least. Every album he realeases sounds different from the last one.

And on 12/20, his 3rd album of the year. "29", comes out, featuring nine songs, all of which are over five minutes long. I've heard some of the album already and it is excellent. A nice mix of slow stuff and some up tempo stuff.

The guy is only 30 years old but he already has released 7 full length albums (with#8 on the way), and at least a dozen other unreleased collections.

mbmbos

RE: Ryan Adams To Release 3rd Album Of The Year

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:53 am

I certainly enjoyed his last album. Looking forward to picking this one up too.

WellHung

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:11 am

Cold Roses  thumbsup 

Jacksonville City Nights  thumbsdown 

We'll see about 29. This whole pissing match with Conor Oberst is getting a little ridiculous. He lets his ego get in the way of his talent way too much.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but there are a bunch of live shows legally available here:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreeli...?collection=etree&cat=Ryan%20Adams

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:50 am

Thanks a lot for that site. There's some classic stuff on there.