TheSonntag
Topic Author

Will You Watch "Die Luftbrücke" On Sat.1?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:59 am

This weekend, the German station Sat.1 will broadcast their TV movie Die Luftbrücke. As it already states, it is a movie about the Berlin Airlift.

While I think that the pictures of the flying airplanes I have seen so far look extremely horrible and artificial, the last Sat.1 movies like "Der Tunnel" or "Das Wunder von Lengede" were of really great quality. So I guess I will watch it.

So will you watch it, as well?

Michael

B727230

RE: Will You Watch "Die Luftbrücke" On Sat.1?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:31 pm

Sounds interesting even though it is on Sat.1  Wink In my opinion the best drama documentary films are those shown on ARD or any of its daughter stations.

Speaking of which, did anyone else see Treffpunkt Flughafen on RBB last Saturday? The channel was showing a range of programs starring one specific actor, and aired one episode of this series which was made in the GDR in 1986 about a First Officer with Interflug. Lots, lots and lots of wonderful IL-62 action and scenes from both Schönefeld, east Berlin and Moscow in the mid-80s!
Wieder in die Sonne fliegen

TheSonntag
Topic Author

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:55 am

It will not be a documentary, it will be a movie, based on a real story. However both "Wunder von Lengede" and "Der Tunnel" tried to be accurate (at least in some respects, not necessarily in terms of persons), so it might be interesting.

jush

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:59 am

I will watch it. I don't always like the idea of a "two episodes" film....
There is one problem with airbus. Though their products are engineering marvels they lack passion, completely.

Sabena332

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:09 am

I won't watch it. I will watch Bundesliga on DSF on Sunday (as always) so it would be stupid to watch the first episode on Saturday while already knowing that I can't watch the second episode on Sunday.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

TheSonntag
Topic Author

Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:19 am

I just saw part 1. It was ok, even though there were some mistakes.

Funny detail: One DC3 had the reg D-CXXX. As far as I know, this is the DC-3 based in Berlin. Certainly this plane did not have a D- registry in 1948...

The computer effects weren't that good, either, but altogether it was interesting and worth watching. I would have preferred everybody speaking the correct language, though, I think it is strange if everybody is speaking German...

RJ100

Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:24 am

I watched it too and I liked it.

Looking forward seeing the second part tomorrow!

Regards,
RJ100
none

columba

Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:06 am

Quoting B727230 (Reply 1):
in my opinion the best drama documentary films are those shown on ARD or any of its daughter stations.

Have you seen that one about the big flood in Hamburg 1962 that was really good.

I have seen the "Luftbrücke" today, the planes looked pretty artificial. I didn´t like the scenes of the massive numbers DC 3s flying bext to each other it looked more then a Bomber Squadron of WW II but the Berlin Airlift. But besides of that it was pretty good and I will record the second part tomorrow since I am invited to a birthday party and can not watch it.
It will forever be a McDonnell Douglas MD 80 , Boeing MD 80 sounds so wrong

TheSonntag
Topic Author

RE: Will You Watch "Die Luftbr�cke" On Sat.1?

Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:40 am

So it's over now. Well certainly the author didn't know anything about aviation, but I liked the movie nevertheless as they brought many shots from THF.

What was clearly visible is the fact that they only used one C-47 and the same computer shots all over the time. In reality C-47s were not used anymore by the Americans after some months as their capacity was too low. I would have liked to see some references to the Brits, as well, as they in fact contributed a lot to the Berlin Air Lift.

However, I liked it nevertheless. Good acting and nice (fictitious) story.

Michael