sean1234

You Don't Go To Class Enough When...

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:36 am

In the middle of the quarter you have to look up the time of the lecture again.

Your classmates all of whom you don't know look at you with contempt when you finally show up.

(both true for me)
Feel free to add on.  Big grin

redngold

RE: You Don't Go To Class Enough When...

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:42 am

...when the professor is shocked that you show up for the final exam.

...when you spend twice as much time in lab than you should, because you are "learning through practice."

...when your lab T.A.'s grades have contributed more to your final grade than the grades given by your professor for classwork.

...when your professor says "that's not what I meant..." as you walk in for a unit exam, after you skipped every single class during the attendance-optional unit.

...when you've attended more lectures in a different class section than the one in which you are officially enrolled.

embarrassed  redngold
Up, up and away!

CaptOveur

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:55 am

Quoting Redngold (Reply 1):
when you've attended more lectures in a different class section than the one in which you are officially enrolled.

Actually, I don't think there is anything wrong with this. I know people who do this all the time, it just simplifies their life and they still get the same lectures.

I would add to the list but I am the asshole who is always there.. I have not missed 1 class this whole semester, and I typically don't miss more than 3.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Mir

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:31 pm

When your professor starts off class by saying "let's go over the exam," and you have no idea what they're talking about (hasn't happened to me, fortunately).

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ltbewr

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:38 pm

When you finally realize that there were some hot ladies (or lads, depending our your gender/preferences).
When you walk in the lecture hall and take the rearmost seats.
When the instructor doesn't know your name or asks if you are really enrolled in his/her class.

DLKAPA

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:44 pm

when the term "Market Equilibrium" refers to a fully stocked supermarket shelf.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

ozguy

Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:58 pm

In a class of thirty one of my mates had the teacher ask "who're you?" eight weeks into school. Class attendance is compulsory...