qr332

Bush Wanted To Bomb Al Jazeera HQ

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:12 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...%2don%2dbush%2dleak-name_page.html

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...64-F5C0-41EF-A613-EBA745ACEF7A.htm

I would love to hear the comments of Bush supporters now... Bush wanted to bomb Al Jazeera, a news station which is located in Qatar, one of America's biggest Arab allies, and which is full of civilians and innocents, as is the area around it. What does everybody think?

I seriously cannot believe that nobody posted this yet. This is something very serious, as the President of the world's most powerful country wanted to bomb his ally because one of its news stations was practicing free speech, something which is ironically a key feature of the US constitution.

God help us.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

gkirk

RE: Bush Wanted To Bomb Al Jazeera HQ

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:17 pm

Unfortunately people still think of Al Jazeera as a terrorist TV station, which it isn't.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

halls120

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:22 pm

Quoting QR332 (Thread starter):
I seriously cannot believe that nobody posted this yet. This is something very serious, as the President of the world's most powerful country wanted to bomb his ally because one of its news stations was practicing free speech, something which is ironically a key feature of the US constitution.

Maybe no one posted it because it is an absurd and unbelieveable allegation.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Scorpio

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:24 pm

I would love to hear the comments of Bush supporters now

Let me help you:

"Bush was right! He should have bombed them because Al-Jazeera is a terrorist-supporting station."

Signed,
The Bush supporters.

Let's see how close I am.

gkirk

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:28 pm

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 3):
"Bush was right! He should have bombed them because Al-Jazeera is a terrorist-supporting station."

Signed,
The Bush supporters.

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 3):
Let's see how close I am.

I would imagine very close  Wink
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

sebolino

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:33 pm

The problem with Al Jazeera is that the US can't control what they say and show, contrary to CNN. That's a big problem in time of war, especially when the American public must NOT see what really happens when you drop a "smart" bomb on a building.
Death, desolation and pain is not the best thing to show to the voters.

More of that, it's possible that some people at Al Jazeera had remote links with the terrorists. I think one journalist had problems for that, am I wrong ?

We're Nuts

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:37 pm

Dear moderators: No.

Delta767300ER

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:40 pm

He would be a dumbass if he did bomb Al-Jazeera's HQ in Doha. I agree with QR reference Qatar being one of our best allies as well as the innocent/civilian population.

-Delta767300ER

AGM114L

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:19 pm

Consider the sources. The Mirror, a Brit tabloid, Aljazeera; English version, cause they're completely unbiased about this.

This thread is worthless.
My Boeing can blow up your Boeing

jwenting

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:32 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 1):
Unfortunately people still think of Al Jazeera as a terrorist TV station, which it isn't.

It is, period. Even if not run directly by them they're extremely friendly towards them and are a semi-official channel for their propaganda.
They're not called the Osama News Network for nothing.

I seriously cannot believe that nobody posted this yet.

That would be because it's baseless allegations.
I'm also surprised noone here posted it before though, but only because of the largescale anti-US, anti-Bush, pro-terrorist attitude of a large subgroup of posters here.
I wish I were flying

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:32 pm

I wouldn't be suprised if it was true, we are dealing with a new breed of cold blooded, cold-natured politicians with complete disregard for human life and a lack of tolerance of other opinions. It's his way or no way. And this is the same monkey which travels the glode in a 747 lecturing the world on "peace", "human rights" and justice. Not only that, but the Middle East and the rest of the world will not witness complete peace unless creeps like Bush and Blair are eliminated from society.
In Arsene we trust!!

joness0154

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:34 pm

Quoting Arsenal@LHR (Reply 10):

I wouldn't be suprised if it was true, we are dealing with a new breed of cold blooded, cold-natured politicians with complete disregard for human life and a lack of tolerance of other opinions. It's his way or no way. And this is the same monkey which travels the glode in a 747 lecturing the world on "peace", "human rights" and justice. Not only that, but the Middle East and the rest of the world will not witness complete peace unless creeps like Bush and Blair are eliminated from society.

Hell, you'd be bitching even if Churchill still ran your country. Grow up
I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem

Scorpio

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:35 pm

Quoting AGM114L (Reply 8):
Consider the sources. The Mirror, a Brit tabloid, Aljazeera; English version, cause they're completely unbiased about this.

So are you saying they're lying, and the memo doesn't exist? If so, please explain this one: (from the second link)

"A British civil servant has been charged under the Official Secrets Act for allegedly leaking the government memo."

and

"Civil servant David Keogh, 49, is now accused of passing the memo to Leo O'Connor, who once worked for Clarke.

Both Keogh and O'Connor are due to appear in court next week on charges under the Act. "

If the memo didn't exist, or didn't contain this info, why would they charge these people for leaking it?

Because you don't like the content?

Scorpio

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:38 pm

Quoting Jwenting (Reply 9):
It is, period.

See, that didn't take long, did it?

I'm also surprised noone here posted it before though, but only because of the largescale anti-US, anti-Bush, pro-terrorist attitude of a large subgroup of posters here.

Name ONE person here who is 'pro-terrorist'. And don't run away this time, like you usually do.

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:45 pm

Quoting Joness0154 (Reply 11):
Hell, you'd be bitching even if Churchill still ran your country. Grow up

Perhaps you should learn to tolerate other peoples opinions instead of telling them to grow up, sound very much like your lord, George Bush. And Churchill defended his country from a REAL and PRESENT threat from the Nazi's. Iraq was the biggest propaganda exercise of this century.
In Arsene we trust!!

joness0154

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:47 pm

joness0154

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:49 pm

Quoting Arsenal@LHR (Reply 14):

Does that include murdering hundreds of thousands of civilian in firebombing raids of Dresden, etc?

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:56 pm

Quoting Joness0154 (Reply 16):
Does that include murdering hundreds of thousands of civilian in firebombing raids of Dresden, etc?

No ofcourse it doesn't, but care to explain to us which conflict, WW2 or Iraq 2003 had the moral, ethical, political and military support? Would you like to explain which war was based on falsifying information, lies, propaganda, half-truths and myths, as opposed to a threat which was blatant and clear to see?
In Arsene we trust!!

Derico

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:56 pm

It is true there is a strong anti-US media bias in many many places.

But I also refuse to understand why Americans are so naive about their government, and the belief it is so benevolent (republican or democrat). Get over it. The US government is as corrupt and evil as governments in Europe, Asia, and Latin America:

- The US government can switch people from one service to another (insurance, etc), at will and not notify it's citizens of the change or if they have just been switched with a 400% increase in premiums. That seems plain wrong.

- The US government now is in the business of jailing it's own citizens for years and years with no probable cause. Some will say those are wartime circumstances, so this one is debatable.

- The US government now can seize it's citizens property in order to give it to a wealthier individual (more tax revenue). Basically, the US government can and has taken American citizens to court, to build a case against them with their own tax money as to why they should lose their own property, and then take it away without paying a penny in compensation. Not for roads or bridges, but for shopping malls. Land of the free, right?

- US citizens cannot make reforms or remodelings to their homes without onerous and usually denied applications to their respective home owners associations. Basically, US citizens cannot do as they please with their own property. Even a satellite dish can be denied. Land of the free II.

- US citizens do not have full rights over their OWN minor children under 18. Minors can do many things that under common sense would suggest or require parental supervision or consent, without their parents knowing. Woe...

- The US government now protects companies that cheat their workers cents to the hour. Companies do not raise the paychecks of their employees just to save 10 or 20 cents. Pathetic. The US government also has been giving tax breaks to oil companies, while denying tax breaks for poor Americans in the winter. Quite progressive huh?

- The US government now is beginning to restrict the use of holiday displays and other seasonal decorations so as to not offend a tiny group of people. So that a tiny group of people can restrict the freedom of speech of a large majority. Very democratic.

- The US government denies Americans from travelling to certain places. Doe government have any right to tell people where they can or can't go?

These are not my inventions, friends have told me these things because it has happened to them. They have been Americans for generations, in fact, totally disgusted with their government. All that is definately not Bush's fault, it is his fault and Clinton's, Reagan's, Carter's, etc.

I have been meaning to say this for a couple of weeks now, so sorry for my indulgence but I'm just amazed how naive Americans are beginning to sound. They all tell the world how their country is so free, better than the rest, but it seems to me more and more they are sticking their heads in the sand in denial. Instead of worrying about Europe's own problems (they have many many), or the Middle East lack of freedom and backwardness, they should start looking at their own backyard and realize they are not nearly as free as they think they are.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

flyAUA

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:59 pm

Well they show what's really happening in the Middle East so I'm not surprised. Bush want's people to believe the bullshit he's spoonfeeding them with, and any station showing and reporting the reality is seen as an obstacle. Isn't that what Bush always does... Get rid of those who are bugging him?  sarcastic 
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

qr332

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:00 am

Consider this: the judge passed a gag order, which means that a memo does exist; no libel suit was filed, yet they were forced to be quiet with the threat of the Official Secrets Act. Also, there are several government employees involved,

It is, period. Even if not run directly by them they're extremely friendly towards them and are a semi-official channel for their propaganda.

How? They give an Arab perspective, and they report things fully without leaving out unimportant bits that are left out in the states such as "50 dead Iraqis". They are a 100% official channel with two sports channels, a documentaries channel, a kids' channel and a soon to be international channel.

Plus, your forgetting something very important - this would be an attack on an allies lands, and even if they did give pro-Osama opinions and were all dressed in turbans, they still have the right to free speech, something all democratic countries endorse. That is not to mention the innocent civilians who would die because Bush wants the world to see what he wants them to see.

That would be because it's baseless allegations.
I'm also surprised noone here posted it before though, but only because of the largescale anti-US, anti-Bush, pro-terrorist attitude of a large subgroup of posters here

Such as..? Are you giving allegations of people being pro-terrorist while you are endorsing the bombing of a country's ally? An attack which would hurt many innocents?

This is not about Dresden or Churchill, so don't change the subject. Don't bring up irrelevant issues and concentrate on the issue at hand.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

ME AVN FAN

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:24 am

The Mirror, a Brit tabloid, Aljazeera; English version, cause they're completely unbiased about this.

the DailyMirror is what is called a boulevard-journal, but their reputation is good, which means that they are NOT lying or distorting things, so that their reliability is good. english.aljazeera.net is a reliable organisation

a terrorist TV station, which it isn't.

# it is NOT a terrorist station
# your "period" is NOT appropriate, as it indicates that you do NOT accept
your perception of things being discussed or taken into doubt
# they are NOT called "the Osama News Network" ! if some people do,
it is their business
# they are NOT a "channel" for elQaeda propaganda (libel of your part ! )
# they are NOT friendly towards terrorists
-

joness0154

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:50 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 21):
they are NOT a "channel" for elQaeda propaganda (libel of your part ! )

You have got to be kidding, right?

Who broadcasts all the beheadings of soldiers and kidnapped civilians. It sure as hell isnt CNN

Who broadcasts all the Osama videos? Again, it sure as hell isn't BBC

Now I wonder, have you ever seen an al jazeera broadcast?

Falcon84

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:03 am

I would love to hear the comments of Bush supporters now...

How about the comments of someone who can't stand Bush, QR, like myself:

I think it's a load of garbage, and I don't buy it at all.

Enough said.

Quoting Derico (Reply 18):
- The US government can switch people from one service to another (insurance, etc), at will and not notify it's citizens of the change or if they have just been switched with a 400% increase in premiums.

Uh, Sherlock, most people are insured through priavate companies for health insurance, car insurance, life insurance, home insurance, if that's what your're tallking about, and the government does not switch people. You don't have a clue to what you're talking about.

- The US government now can seize it's citizens property in order to give it to a wealthier individual (more tax revenue).

Wrong. Stop making a fool of yourself. The USSC did recently agree that cities do have a right to Emminent Domanin for COMMERCIAL ventures, i.e., that they can sieze property to promote economic expansion. But it cannot be used for a rich person to take the property of a poor person on an individual and personal basis.

- US citizens cannot make reforms or remodelings to their homes without onerous and usually denied applications to their respective home owners associations.

Wrong again, Derico. When expanding your property, you must follow certain guidelines set up by COMMUNITIES, not the U.S. government. For instance, I cannot expand out on the sides of my property any further than it is now, because CITY ORDINANCE requires a 10-foot buffer between building and where any possible underground cables may be place. Those are CITY ORDINANCES, not ordinances put up by Uncle Sam.

You're really on a roll, dude.  sarcastic 

Basically, US citizens cannot do as they please with their own property.

As long as it follows ordinances, mostly put out for safety reasons, I can do what I want with my property. I'm paying for it. In fact, in a year or two, we're putting an addition on the back of our house-a "four-season" room, as it's called. I won't have any problems with that expansion, because it falls within CITY ordinances.

- US citizens do not have full rights over their OWN minor children under 18

ROTFL. Where the hell do you get that one? The opposite is true, actully, Derico! Until a child is 18, I am their guardian, and what I say pretty much goes. At 18, they're considered an adult and my ability to guide them and tell them what they may/may not do, especially if they go away to college, changes, as they're no longer considered minors.

This is incredible stuff, Derico. Keep going..........

- The US government now protects companies that cheat their workers cents to the hour.

The U.S. government does not control wages of private companies, my friend. That's all that needs to be said.

- The US government now is beginning to restrict the use of holiday displays and other seasonal decorations so as to not offend a tiny group of people.

Those decisions are not handed down by U.S. government courts, Derico. They're handed down by city, county or state courts, which are NOT United States Government jurisdictions. And I don't like the fact that Nativity scenes are being banned, but they're not being banned by the U.S. Government, Derico.

- The US government denies Americans from travelling to certain places. Doe government have any right to tell people where they can or can't go?

If you're talking about Cuba, I agree the travel ban should be lifted. But I can travel damn well where I please. Is it fair that other goverments demand that I get visa's and the like? Do those governments have the right to do that?

Unfortunately, Derico, you've made a complete fool of yourself, because you fail to understand that there are multiple layers of goverment: local, country, state, and federal. They all have their jurisdictions, and they all make decisions independent of each other. Most things you mentioned the United States government has absolutely no input, and are mostly local, county and state rulings. They can be appealed up the chain to a Federal court, but the implimentation is on a more local level.

I cannot help it if you do not understand the fact that we have multiple jurisdictions in our goverment-that my city government can make it's own ordinances on their own; that the state of Ohio can do the same.

But it was entertaining. I suggest you bone up on the multiple forms of goverment in the United States before making such naive statement next time.
Work Right, Fly Hard

ME AVN FAN

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:18 am

Quoting Joness0154 (Reply 22):
(A) You have got to be kidding, right?

(B) Who broadcasts all the beheadings of soldiers and kidnapped civilians. It sure as hell isnt CNN

(C) Who broadcasts all the Osama videos? Again, it sure as hell isn't BBC

(D) Now I wonder, have you ever seen an al jazeera broadcast?

A) no, why  no 
B) rebels and terrorists prefer a local station with a wide audience and NOT
a channel they perceive as being in the service of Mr Bush
C) the Osama videos were to THEM as they were more likely to broadcast
those videos than the USA/UK world channels
D) yes of course

Falcon84

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:20 am

Al Jazeera is nothing but a mouthpiece for terrorist. Why do you think OBL always had someone run to them with his latest audio/video tape? Because he know they'd gladly put it on to tweak the U.S.

This story and this thread is a load of B.S. But consider who started the thread, and that's all you need to know.
Work Right, Fly Hard

EA CO AS

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:32 am

The US government can switch people from one service to another (insurance, etc), at will and not notify it's citizens of the change or if they have just been switched with a 400% increase in premiums.

redflag 

Wrong. The U.S. government doesn't control private insurance.

US citizens cannot make reforms or remodelings to their homes without onerous and usually denied applications to their respective home owners associations. Basically, US citizens cannot do as they please with their own property. Even a satellite dish can be denied. Land of the free II.

redflag 

No one is required to live in areas governed by homeowners associations. Those who choose to, also accept the fact that there are - in some cases - some restrictions on what homeowners may do with their property.

If you do NOT live in a place that has an HOA, you can do whatever you want to your home and no one can do a damn thing about it provided it conforms to local ordinances and statutes, as Falcon pointed out.

The US government now is beginning to restrict the use of holiday displays and other seasonal decorations so as to not offend a tiny group of people. So that a tiny group of people can restrict the freedom of speech of a large majority. Very democratic.

redflag 

No, as Falcon pointed out you're wrong about this as well. In fact, more often than not, it's businesses that are doing this to themselves getting swept up in a frenzy of being "correct" and "inoffensive" to those who don't celebrate the holidays or their religious meanings.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 23):
Unfortunately, Derico, you've made a complete fool of yourself

checkmark 

But it was entertaining.

You're being FAR too charitable, IMHO.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

halls120

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:43 am

Quoting Arsenal@LHR (Reply 10):
Not only that, but the Middle East and the rest of the world will not witness complete peace unless creeps like Bush and Blair are eliminated from society.

Hmmm. Calling for their execution, are you?

Quoting Arsenal@LHR (Reply 17):
No of course it doesn't, but care to explain to us which conflict, WW2 or Iraq 2003 had the moral, ethical, political and military support? Would you like to explain which war was based on falsifying information, lies, propaganda, half-truths and myths, as opposed to a threat which was blatant and clear to see?

What does the above have to do with the baseless unsupported allegation that Bush wants to bomb a TV network?

The US government can switch people from one service to another (insurance, etc), at will and not notify it's citizens of the change or if they have just been switched with a 400% increase in premiums. That seems plain wrong.

It would be, if it were true. What insurance coverage are you talking about, and when did this 400% increase in premium take place?

US citizens cannot make reforms or remodelings to their homes without onerous and usually denied applications to their respective home owners associations

Only if they choose to live in a subdivision with covenants. No one is forced to purchase a home in a subdivision which has architectural covenants. For those that wish to plant plastic pink flamingoes in their front yards, there are many places where they can buy uncovenanted property.

These are not my inventions, friends have told me these things because it has happened to them.

And to the extent these things happened to your friends, I'll bet they haven't told you the full story.

Unfortunately, Derico, you've made a complete fool of yourself, because you fail to understand that there are multiple layers of government: local, country, state, and federal. They all have their jurisdictions, and they all make decisions independent of each other. Most things you mentioned the United States government has absolutely no input, and are mostly local, county and state rulings. They can be appealed up the chain to a Federal court, but the implementation is on a more local level.

checkmark  checkmark  checkmark 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

BigOrange

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:51 am

Don't forget it was the Nazi's who invaded Europe and were on their way to England but were stopped by the courageous British troops. The bombing of Dresden was no different than the bombing of London or Coventry by the Germans, except maybe more people killed.

Iraq invaded noone (this time) it was the US who were the invaders, to fulfill the ego of one man, and help all his friends (Cheney, Rumsfeld, the oil companies, Bechtel and others) get rich on the profits of rebuilding Iraq. His father didn't have the guts to go against the UN the first time round when it would have been justified so George Jr. did the job.

I have no problem with the invasion of Afghanistan. That was justified to try to unseat the Taliban who where harboring the biggest non-natural threat to humankind, but hungry on power George decided he would continue and invade Iraq, wrecking thousands of families lives in the process.

ANCFlyer

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:51 am

Wow. . .

This thread went from bizarre with the initial allegation stright to assinine with all the crap in Reply 18 . . .

I'm done here now.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Arsenal@LHR

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:52 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 27):

Putting words into my mouth, typical of a.net and it's members.

What does the above have to do with the baseless unsupported allegation that Bush wants to bomb a TV network?

Not much, but one of your countrymen bought it up in the discussion after he read my comments, so i gave him an answer. Besides, you're quick off the mark to defend Bush aren't you?
In Arsene we trust!!

ME AVN FAN

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:00 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 25):
Al Jazeera is nothing but a mouthpiece for terrorist. Why do you think OBL always had someone run to them with his latest audio/video tape? Because he know they'd gladly put it on to tweak the U.S.

NO, el-Jazeera is NOT a "mouthpiece for terrorists", not at all. But of course, to "tweak the USA" is a pleasure for many people, not only terrorists !  yes 

EA CO AS

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:05 am

Quoting Arsenal@LHR (Reply 30):

Putting words into my mouth, typical of a.net and it's members.

Is he? Honestly?

I maean, what were we meant to assume by your "the world will not witness complete peace unless creeps like Bush and Blair are eliminated from society," comment, then?

That by "eliminated from society" you actually meant "taken out for ice cream," ?

Care to clarify or amend your statement?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Scorpio

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:05 am

I repeat: then please explain the gagging order, the fact that people were charged for leaking what according to you doesn't exist, and why the UK government refuses comment on this issue?

Al Jazeera is nothing but a mouthpiece for terrorist.

What a load of crap. Simple as that.

In the US, Al Jazeera is labelled 'anti-US', and 'pro-terrosists', in the Middle East, it's criticized for being 'pro-US'. Truth is, they're pretty much in the middle. They show all sides to the picture. We in the West only get to see that which sets them apart from our channels, i.e. that which some consider 'anti-US'. In the Middle East, they are known for what sets them apart from other local TV-stations, i.e. that which some consider 'pro-US'.

In short: they piss off everyone, because they show everything, from all sides. I guess that means they're doing something right...

solarix

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:23 am

Quoting Arsenal@LHR (Reply 27):
Not only that, but the Middle East and the rest of the world will not witness complete peace unless creeps like Bush and Blair are eliminated from society.

What about Osama and Zarqawi? Terrorists are the real problem with the middle east. It amazes me people like yourself fail to see it.

Even more worrysome than this report is the fact you have these types of thoughts and hang out on an aviation site.

[Edited 2005-11-23 18:25:42]
Bong Hits 4 Jesus

Falcon84

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:29 am

Btw, Solarix, I don't know how it happened, but Aresenal said that load of garbage, not Halls. I'm no fan of Bush or Blair, but I think getting rid of creeps like OBL and al-Zaquarwi is a far bigger "to-do" for the world. You can get rid of Bush and Blair via the ballot box if you wish. Those two scum don't believe in freedom.
Work Right, Fly Hard

solarix

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:31 am

Falcon, thanks for the heads up and sorry Halls. Don't know how that happened but I fixed the error.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 35):
'm no fan of Bush or Blair, but I think getting rid of creeps like OBL and al-Zaquarwi is a far bigger "to-do" for the world. You can get rid of Bush and Blair via the ballot box if you wish. Those two scum don't believe in freedom.

Well said.
Bong Hits 4 Jesus

Toulouse

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:33 am

You're wrong, while I'm not a fan of parts of the British press, The Daily Mail, while published in tabloid form, is quite a respectable newspaper. And, what's your "genuine and factual" problem with Aljazeera, do you ever watch it?

Don't agree with you.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 21):
The Mirror, a Brit tabloid, Aljazeera; English version, cause they're completely unbiased about this.

the DailyMirror is what is called a boulevard-journal, but their reputation is good, which means that they are NOT lying or distorting things, so that their reliability is good. english.aljazeera.net is a reliable organisation

a terrorist TV station, which it isn't.

# it is NOT a terrorist station
# your "period" is NOT appropriate, as it indicates that you do NOT accept
your perception of things being discussed or taken into doubt
# they are NOT called "the Osama News Network" ! if some people do,
it is their business
# they are NOT a "channel" for elQaeda propaganda (libel of your part ! )
# they are NOT friendly towards terrorists
-

Good post. Totally agree with you. Excellent and factual, though many may not like to hear it...

You have got to be kidding, right?

Who broadcasts all the beheadings of soldiers and kidnapped civilians. It sure as hell isnt CNN

Who else do you expect to broadcast it first? Do you really think they're going to send it to their local FOX, CNN or BBC network? And don't BBC and CNN and all just grab these images then.

Anyway, if, and I repeat IF, this is true. It's SHOCKING. I've always felt Bush was one of the people to be feared most. Will be interesting to see how he wiggles himself out of this, and oh boy, I'm so sure the little gangster will!

[Edited 2005-11-23 18:47:29]
Long live Aer Lingus!

Falcon84

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:39 am

Quoting Toulouse (Reply 37):

Nice post.

Nice post, when he was dead wrong on everything he put in there about the U.S. goverment? What's nice about showing yourself not to know what the hell you're talking about?

ROTFL.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Toulouse

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:46 am

Quoting FlyAUA (Reply 19):
FlyAUA From Austria, joined May 2005, 3360 posts, RR: 52
Reply 19, posted Wed Nov 23 2005 15:59:16 UTC+1 and read 179 times:

This was the post I wanted to state as being good, IMO, but accidentally selected previous post! Silly me!

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 38):
Quoting Toulouse (Reply 37):

Nice post.

Nice post, when he was dead wrong on everything he put in there about the U.S. goverment? What's nice about showing yourself not to know what the hell you're talking about?

On this I apologise Falcon84, I misquoted wanting to quote the next post by FlyAUA. I honestly don't know hom much truth or rubbish there is behind Derico's post. I will edit my post now!
Long live Aer Lingus!

L-188

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:50 am

It is true there is a strong anti-US media bias in many many places

I agree with you on that. One just has to look at the McNeil-Laher News Hour on PBS to see and example of that.

Quoting BigOrange (Reply 28):
Don't forget it was the Nazi's who invaded Europe and were on their way to England but were stopped by the courageous British troops

Actually, the Soviets deserve most of the credit for that one.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 31):
NO, el-Jazeera is NOT a "mouthpiece for terrorists", not at all. But of course, to "tweak the USA" is a pleasure for many people, not only terrorists

Yes it is, but as mentioned before Qutar is one of the main US allies in the region and the big US command facility in that country could be kissed goodbye if the US bombed the HQ of the network. That very simple fact, with the fact that the long runways in Qutar are critical tells me this story is BS.

The most likely scenario on how this story came about.

If there was a memo and the story isn't being faked by the mirror or the guy that "leaked" it, it probably was made as part of some working group comming up with ideas on how to control the anti-us crap pouring out of that station during the actual war in 2003, and promply shot down internally.

Derico, while I agree with some of your comments I don't agree with the conclusion that you came up with.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

ME AVN FAN

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:08 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 40):
tells me this story is BS

to be honest I do NOT know more than anybody else, so it of course is pure guess. When having the choice between trusting your most honourable president and the "Daily Mirror" my choice is the Daily Mirror all the time

qr332

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:09 am

Amazing... instead of concentrating on the issue people chose to derail the thread... as soon as Falcon posted his post about Derico everybody hooped on to the bandwagon.

You have got to be kidding.

You sound like Dumsfeld himself. Its amazing how much garbage is fed to Americans about the Mideast, and how easily they believe it. The beheadings, speeches, etc were all ANONYMOUSLY SENT to Aljazeera, who played them because it is a TV station and thats what TV stations do. You're telling me if CBS or CNN got it they wouldn't play it? Also, Aljazeera is showing people what is hapenning in Iraq and elsewhere by showing the beheadings (BTW its only a few when they first started to get the point accross) and such events, as it is crucial that people see how bad the situation really is. Have YOU seen Al Jazeera's broadcast, and understood everything it is saying in Arabic?

Wow Falcon... how much intellectual thought did it take to come up with an amazing post like that?  Yeah sure For a guy who goes on about "Ugly Americans", you sure as hell don't give off the best impression in the world to people. You are so thick and stubborn it is scary... if no memo existed or was leaked, why were two people arrested for the leak and why was there a gag under the protection of the Official Secrets Act? You think a newspaper really can make something up that easy?

To tweak the US? To show people what is happening. The US media would put on that crap within seconds of receiving it if it got its grubby hands on it, as would any TV station in the world, just because Al Jazeera gets the tapes and just because they don't say what you want them to say does not make them worthy of bombing or terrorists.

This story and this thread is a load of B.S. But consider who started the thread, and that's all you need to know.

rotfl  I won't even bother... all you did is give your usual half-assed rants and attacked me personally, yet the most insight you could give to the issue at hand is that "its a load of garbage"? I truly feel sorry for you.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 29):
This thread went from bizarre with the initial allegation stright to assinine with all the crap in Reply 18 . . .

Which was completley off-topic... nice to see your following the trends of your buddy Falcon.

Quoting Solarix (Reply 34):
What about Osama and Zarqawi? Terrorists are the real problem with the middle east. It amazes me people like yourself fail to see it.

Really? When was the last time Osama/Zarqawi invaded a country, lied to entire nations and completley destroyed the country? The biggest threat is Bush, not Osama, who is now nothing more than a name, or Zarqawi, who is a criminal that deserves a slow death, It is Bush, who is willing to bomb a TV station in an ally's country for personal gain, and to invade Iraq for personal gain. Give me a break... you guys have to start accepting that you have many serious flaws which need to be dealt with and that your country and government are not perfect, but far from it.

Yes it is, but as mentioned before Qutar is one of the main US allies in the region and the big US command facility in that country could be kissed goodbye if the US bombed the HQ of the network. That very simple fact, with the fact that the long runways in Qutar are critical tells me this story is BS.

So you can judge a station you've never watched/would not be able to understand even if you could but you can't spell Qatar? Dear me... So let me get this straight. Its hard to believe he would shut a station up because it is in an ally's territory yet its perfectly fine that he invaded a country and lied to you and your fellow countrymen, killed tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis and 2,000+ of your troops? Very understandable logic...

If there was a memo and the story isn't being faked by the mirror or the guy that "leaked" it, it probably was made as part of some working group comming up with ideas on how to control the anti-us crap pouring out of that station during the actual war in 2003, and promply shot down internally.

Read the articles before posting. It is a TRANSCRIPT of Bush and Blair talking, not some working group to control anti-US "crap" (because thats what it must be if it criticizes you, right?  Yeah sure). Oh, and by the way - the war is still going on, and the reporting is still as good as ever.

halls120

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:18 am

Quoting Arsenal@LHR (Reply 30):

Not much, but one of your countrymen bought it up in the discussion after he read my comments, so i gave him an answer. Besides, you're quick off the mark to defend Bush aren't you?

I'm not defending Bush as much as calling the allegation for what it is - a load of unsubstantiated garbage.

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 32):
I maean, what were we meant to assume by your "the world will not witness complete peace unless creeps like Bush and Blair are eliminated from society," comment, then?

That by "eliminated from society" you actually meant "taken out for ice cream," ?

Care to clarify or amend your statement?

I'm very curious as well. What did he mean by "eliminate them from society?"

Scorpio

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:29 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 43):
I'm not defending Bush as much as calling the allegation for what it is - a load of unsubstantiated garbage.

So you've been telling us. Still I find it quite funny, and quite telling, that none of you have even attempted to explain what me and others have already pointed out, i.e. if this is a load of crap:
-Why the gagging order?
-Why charging people for leaking a report that supposedly doesn't exist?

You can call it a load of poo-poo all you want, but until you address these questions, it's not going to come across as credible...

[Edited 2005-11-23 19:49:58]

ME AVN FAN

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:41 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 42):
how much garbage is fed to Americans about the Mideast, and how easily they believe it

worse even, what is shocking is how much they desire to defend the denial of anything to be true

Have YOU seen Al Jazeera's broadcast, and understood everything it is saying in Arabic?

as I myself only understand PARTS of what people say in a rather rapid Arabic, I think that people without knowledge of Arabic simply do NOT understand anything at all. Most comments therefore simply are non-substantial

the issue

the issue is NOT addressed as many Westerners and a majority of US-Americans refuse to accept it as AN issue

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 44):
-Why the gagging order?

why? simply because it quite obviously is TRUE !

wingman

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:05 am

You guys crack me up. If you had any idea what topics are discussed at governmental levels during time of war or even peace you'd be appalled. So because Bush and Blair apparently discussed a scenario whereby al-Jazeera HQ's were taken out you use this opportunity to reignite your ever passionate anti-US dialougue. Are you people so naive a to believe that convresation or scnario planning like this isn't occurring daily? Do you realize that there are countries with nuclear, chemical and biological weapons out there? What do you think they do about them, just put them in the ground and never discuss them? I think Bush is a dim-witted moron myslef but you people are worse. You're appalled by a completely trivial discussion that resulted in zero action. I must assume therefor that if any of you ever got a hold of scenario planning for weapons of mass destruction you'd have instatnt cardiac arrest. Grow up fools, people talk all the time and they talk about things that are extermely unsavory. This is so pathetic as to border on the inane. Europeans bitching about a highly secret and private conversation with Blair, why don't you nimnods bitch about your own talk or inaction (see former African colonies starving to death and the slaughter of millions and Europe doing nothing...Belgium front and center) Where the fuck is your outrage about that? Bush is an asshole, but European back seat drivers are worse, you're beneath contempt.

ANCFlyer

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:06 am

Which was completley off-topic... nice to see your following the trends of your buddy Falcon.

And in other news an elephant farted at the Anchorage Zoo this morning knocking over a stray polar bear sneaking up for the kill . . . .  sarcastic 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

EA CO AS

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:08 am

You're telling me if CBS or CNN got it they wouldn't play it?

That's correct. Something that graphic and offensive would not be aired. They'd report that it occurred, but they'd never play it for the public.

Wow Falcon... how much intellectual thought did it take to come up with an amazing post like that? For a guy who goes on about "Ugly Americans", you sure as hell don't give off the best impression in the world to people. You are so thick and stubborn it is scary... if no memo existed or was leaked, why were two people arrested for the leak and why was there a gag under the protection of the Official Secrets Act?

All you "know" is that two people were arrested for a leak, and that it had something to do with the "Official Secrets Act."

Barring that, you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT THEY SUPPOSEDLY LEAKED. None.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 45):
Quoting Scorpio (Reply 44):
-Why the gagging order?

why? simply because it quite obviously is TRUE !

Oh spare me. Your logic is so flawed it's sad.

News flash - just because you WANT something to be true does not MAKE it true.  sarcastic 

Once again, all that is "known" is that two people were arrested for a leak, and that it had something to do with the "Official Secrets Act."

Other than that, neither you nor I have any way of knowing what the leaked material was.

It's asinine for you to assert that it's "obviously TRUE" that this had something to do with Al Jazeera.

Falcon84

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:15 am

Amazing... instead of concentrating on the issue people chose to derail the thread... as soon as Falcon posted his post about Derico everybody hooped on to the bandwagon.

Derico opened his keyboard up, dude, not me. He wants to show himself as naive, then I'm going to correct him and his errors. Not my fault, man.

Wow Falcon... how much intellectual thought did it take to come up with an amazing post like that?

Why do I need to get "intellectual" about a load of crap? In this case, the best answer is the shortest one.

For a guy who goes on about "Ugly Americans", you sure as hell don't give off the best impression in the world to people.

ROTFL. Because I don't go off sounding like George Will, I give off a bad impression. Uh, OK.  Silly

I won't even bother...

And then you went right on and commented anyway.

Amazing, how some of you still are blind to the threat of terrorism, and how Al Jazeera is their hand-picked source for information.

And QR, I'd like to say I admire your defense of scum like OBL and al-Zaquarwi...but I'm not. If I have to choose between those murderers and Mr. Bush, well, as much as I dislike Mr. Bush, I'll pick him anytime, man.
Work Right, Fly Hard