Topic Author

Firefly Mobile (phones For Kids)

Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:48 pm

I'm sorta appalled by this. Has our society turned to the point where kids are neglegted so much that they need to have conversations with their parents on the phone (and with a mom and dad button, when the divorce goes through the numbers won't even need to be changed!), won't have a parent around to call their friends mom to make a play date for them, or will be in a situation where someone else can not dial 911? The cost of the things is also disgusting 100-200 bucks for that?

One step closer to inserting computer chips into toddlers I guess... don't worry Its for their safety.  Sad

anyone else think this is a bad idea? I'm guessin that I'll gonna be in the minority for that...
The Ohio Player

RE: Firefly Mobile (phones For Kids)

Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:10 pm

Don't worry, if you think you are in the minority, count me in as well. I completely agree with you. Our society is beginning to scare me more and more each day, but we really can't do anything except just go along.....Which is quite scary as well if you think about it!

Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:25 pm

As if I havn't seen enough young kids with cellphones? There parents say its for security reasons, more like for their kids to text.
Head Forum Moderator for all Moderator contact

Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:27 pm

Quoting 777ER (Reply 2):
more like for their kids to text.

And if the parents were the slightest bit competent they wouldn't get a plan with free text messaging, and make the little bastards pay for every one of them they send/recieve. I was just thinking the other day when I was sitting in the back of a class how few people were actually paying attention. Almost everyone there was text messaging, playing a game on a PDA, or surfing the internet on a laptop with wifi.. I doubt there were more than 10 people paying attention in a class of almost 200.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:47 pm

Two buttons but still too complex for DL021 to use.
One Life, Live it.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:30 pm

This phone looks like it has been designed for a 5 year old and if there are parents that are thinking of buying children of that age mobile phones to keep in touch, then there are serious questions to be asked about how the parents are bringing up the children. Also if they want a phone why not buy then a phone instead of a phone which would only allow them to contact 20 people and has 2 huge short cuts to parents. I can honestly say this phone has been designed for a geek who has a VERY LIMITED number of friends.