monorail

Congress To Investigate BCS

Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:38 pm

Of course we all know the BCS is far from perfect. But that's the NCAA's problem.
I'd expect something like this on April 1 maybe, b/c this is downright asinine:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2245440
I can understand Congress sticking its nose into the sports world with regard to steroids only to a degree, but spending time and money on looking at the BCS? What have we come to? Now, granted there is [substantial] money involved for the schools, but seriously, why the hell does Congress need to get involved?  banghead 
Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs!

USAIRWAYS321

RE: Congress To Investigate BCS

Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:03 pm

We're screwing up a war overseas and Congress is spending its -- I mean our -- time and money analyzing how the national college football champion is decided. This is rediculous. Of course the BCS is flawed, but why the hell does the federal government need to get involved? Good lord...

MD-90

Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:16 pm

I think that there are Congressmen who ought to be censured or even be impeached for dereliction of duty. They allow a President to unConstitutionally drag this country into war, and they're wasting their time with baseball and football.

mdsh00

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:46 am

Don't these clowns have something better to do than get involved with the BCS? Why do we keep electing morons like this?
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

ANCFlyer

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:56 am

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 3):
Don't these clowns have something better to do than get involved with the BCS? Why do we keep electing morons like this?

Exactly.

There are much more important things Congress needs to do rather than deal with this crap . . . like picking out the new colors in the Congressional Shitters.  sarcastic  What a waste of taxpayer time and money.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

halls120

Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:55 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 4):
Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 3):

Exactly.

There are much more important things Congress needs to do rather than deal with this crap . . . like picking out the new colors in the Congressional Shitters. What a waste of taxpayer time and money.

At first glance, I tend to agree. After all, we have so many more important issues facing us as a nation that to spend time on the BCS is simply ludicrous.

That said, if it keeps them from accepting bribes out the back door, perhaps it isn't all bad.... biggrin 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

USAIRWAYS321

Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:07 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 5):
That said, if it keeps them from accepting bribes out the back door, perhaps it isn't all bad....

Valid point! Big grin

fxramper

Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:10 pm

Another gross misuse of taxpayer money and congressional time...

I'm moving to Costa Rica!  Smile

bhmbaglock

Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:22 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 5):
That said, if it keeps them from accepting bribes out the back door, perhaps it isn't all bad.... biggrin

Sounds more like an opportunity for additional bribes than an alternate to me.
Where are all of my respected members going?