FlyingTexan
Topic Author

Don't Write Large Check While Black At Wal-Mart

Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:56 am

Else local law enforcement will show up.

Okay, here is what I see: Guy presents check for $13,600 for 500+ gift cards as employee gifts. Guy also presents his DL, business card, and toll-free numbers to the bank. Local sheriff’s deputies showed up on Wal-Mart’s account the check writer had committed a felony.

What do you say? Guy pulled the race card? Wal-Mart trying to protect their assets? The individuals at this particular Wal-Mart bad?

Story from Orlando TV station

Comments and flame away!
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

andz

RE: Don't Write Large Check While Black At Wal-Mart

Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:31 am

Nice way to treat a customer spending that kind of money, good for them taking their business elsewhere.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

xpat

Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:53 am

That is f***ed up! I'm glad he and his company have taken their business elsewhere. Wal-Mart's really stirring up sh*t lately.
The only thing we have to fear is the sky falling on our heads. -Asterix

KFLLCFII

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:03 am

Quote:
After the incident, Pitts' company decided to buy its gift cards from Target instead.

Oh, the humanity!  Big grin

But in all seriousness, I feel he has every right to believe it was race-motivated. Unless there was a legitimate and provable reason for the suspicion (driver license fake/unverifiable, funds insufficient/unverifiable), I believe that Wal-Mart acted in a completely inappropriate and unprofessional manner. If they want to save face in this whole mess, they'd better come up with a good reason, fast.
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

PIA777

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:04 am

Just goes to show you. Nothing in this world has changed.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

Nordair

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:10 am

What's a Wal-Mart?  snooty 
"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

dl021

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:11 am

I'm astounded that they called the cops. Unless they tried to verify the check over the phone prior to delivering the cards, they had zero reason for doing this.

The most they should have done was tell the guy that they had to verify this check prior to delivering the merchandise, either with his business or bank....which would have been good business, and evidently what they did. I can't imagine why else they would assume he was forging a check.

This was incredible, and if I were this dude I'd have to wonder if it was racially motivated as well.

I hope Wal-Mart, which has a history of denying and defending no matter what the charge, handles this with special attention.

Unless there's something we aren't hearing then this sure looks like a duck. Damn if it ain't quacking. I hope someone gets canned and sued unless there's more to the story.

I'm buying my guys cards at Home Depot......I think I'll switch it to WalMart and send a black guy to pick them up with a company check....we could use the extra dough.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Nancy

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:39 am

Good for Target! Seriously Walmart sucks. The police might want to get involved (again) because the someone filed a false report. If they were worried about fraud, they could simply institute a policy that all checks over a certain amount have to be cashiers checks, or done by P.O. from the business. The amount of blatant racism in the country continues to amaze me, and what amazes me even more is that even after hearing these stories people still talk about "reverse racism" and how they're persecuted because they are white.

dl021

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:53 am

There is reverse racism, and there is institutionalized racism that accords special favors to minorities because of their skin color or sex.

I do agree that someone should be charged with false reporting, unless there's something we aren't hearing, and the incredible circumstances of this incident, as reported, are just sickening.

That said, let's not condone any racism.....directed at any side.

N1120A

Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:02 am

Quote:
Later, two Hillsborough County sheriff's deputies appeared. One grabbed Pitts by the arm. He objected to the rough handling and asked if he was being arrested.

"We need to talk with you about this forged check that you brought in here," Pitts recalled one deputy saying. The deputy said later Wal-Mart had called and reported that Pitts had committed a felony.

You know what, not only should Pitts and his company lodge a complaint against WalMart, they should lodge a complaint against the police officers for their handling of the matter. "We need to talk with you about this forged check that you brough in here" is a presumption of guilt. The US justice system works on a presumption of innocence. At the very least, they should be reprimanded and counciled on how you deal with situations like this. The officer who grabbed his arm should also be warned that what he did was criminal and civil assult.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

777236ER

Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:15 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 8):
There is reverse racism, and there is institutionalized racism that accords special favors to minorities because of their skin color or sex.

So a black man is apparently discriminated against, and the FIRST thing you have to say is that white people are also discriminated against? Right...
Your bone's got a little machine

ANCFlyer

Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:16 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 9):
At the very least, they should be reprimanded and counciled on how you deal with situations like this. The officer who grabbed his arm should also be warned that what he did was criminal and civil assult.

checkmark 

I have witnessed similar activity by "merchants" in Alaska directed toward Native Alaskans, specifically my g/f - who is Koyukon Athapaskan. Not anything overt - but definitely a standoffish ignoring stare. Not everywhere to be sure, but a few places I could name . . .

. . . .

Never a problem with the law enforcement community here in that regard - or none of which I am aware . . . and I know a lot of cops up here . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

aviatortj

Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:18 am

Quoting KFLLCFII (Reply 3):
But in all seriousness, I feel he has every right to believe it was race-motivated. Unless there was a legitimate and provable reason for the suspicion (driver license fake/unverifiable, funds insufficient/unverifiable), I believe that Wal-Mart acted in a completely inappropriate and unprofessional manner. If they want to save face in this whole mess, they'd better come up with a good reason, fast.

If that Wal-Mart was anything like the ones around here, the cashier processing the gift cards probably couldn't speak fluent english and probably was not white herself.

Anybody writing a check that large at a Wal-Mart is crazy. It is no wonder they were suspicious, white, black, or yellow. BUT, it is not Wal-Mart's grounds to decide who's check gets cleared, and who's does not. They have electronic check systems (like Telecheck) to process these sorts of things. If the cashier checked information like she was supposed to with every check, and the check cleared, the customer should have been on his way. End of story.

Once the check verification puts it through, I believe the funds are guaranteed by whoever gave the electronic authorization. Similar to your check card. Bottom line. Wal-Mart sucks.

NWA742

Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:22 am

Truely incredible.

As mentioned before, they could've just verified it for sufficient funds -- no big deal. But calling the police?

Idiots.

Quoting Nancy (Reply 7):
what amazes me even more is that even after hearing these stories people still talk about "reverse racism" and how they're persecuted because they are white.

And your statement alone is evening more amazing.........reverse racism does exist, and in many ways and magnitudes that you don't seem to realize.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

TheSorcerer

Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:54 am

I believe Wal Mart has a policy not allowing two employees to be in a relationship. This rule was removed in the Wal Marts in Germany because the employees took Wal Mart to court and Wal Mart lost.
Pathetic rule in my opinion.

Good to see that the man won't be shopping at Wal Mart in future.
Dominic
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)

aa757first

Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:59 am

Who called the police? Just the "associate" who was working the Customer Service booth? Because I would think that the "associate" would call the manager, who would probably remember selling tens of thousands of dollars of gift cards to that corporation. I don't doubt it's true, it just seems odd that the manager didn't intervene.

AAndrew

NIKV69

Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:06 am

Wow, total profiling here. By Wal Mart and the police. Wal Mart has egg on their faces for this one. Very bad.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

dan2002

Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:15 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 13):
And your statement alone is evening more amazing.........reverse racism does exist, and in many ways and magnitudes that you don't seem to realize.

I love how some black people can call white people crackers and whities and whatnot, but you say the n-word, well your fu**ed then. I know it can get worse than that in some situations, but im speaking from a first hand account.
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

skyservice_330

Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:17 am

Quoting Dan2002 (Reply 19):
but you say the n-word, well your fu**ed then.

but im speaking from a first hand account.

So you have called a black person a n***er first hand?

ilikeyyc

Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:42 am

Quoting Aa757first (Reply 17):
Who called the police? Just the "associate" who was working the Customer Service booth? Because I would think that the "associate" would call the manager, who would probably remember selling tens of thousands of dollars of gift cards to that corporation. I don't doubt it's true, it just seems odd that the manager didn't intervene.

The article states that the store managers stalled him for nearly two hours. Secondly, considering that it is a company check, it is very likely that his name was not the name on the check (i.e. he is not the one who signed it) which is where some of the confusion might have originated with an "associate.".

Quote:
Pitts said that when he went to the store last week to pick up the already printed cards, store managers stalled for about two hours after he handed over the check while he stood waiting by the customer service desk.
Fighting Absurdity with Absurdity!

PSA53

Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:02 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 6):
The most they should have done was tell the guy that they had to verify this check prior to delivering the merchandise, either with his business or bank....which would have been good business, and evidently what they did. I can't imagine why else they would assume he was forging a check.

Agreed.As an example.
When we do a commercial account,which buy in high quantity ,and a check
is written,we'll put the transaction on hold until the check has cleared the bank.Usaully seven to ten business banking days.Or if a bank will do it.Go
to the bank and get the check(funds) transferred right there.But sometimes it's a headache.

As far as the race card issue.I doubt it.It sounds like the employee was
not trained properly.It is an overkill.And Wal-Mart needs do a fellow up.

But let's face it,too.The race card is used in a excessive manner, as well.
When your retail,your exposed to lot phonies out there, who want to trip
you up and take you to court.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

dan2002

Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:14 pm

Quoting SKYSERVICE_330 (Reply 20):
So you have called a black person a n***er first hand?

Damn right I did, after I got called a cracker, honkey, and a white ass.

Dan
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

ltbewr

Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:12 pm

The treatment of this black man in the calling in the cops by Wal-Mart where there was significant ID and proof apparently looks like racism at first glance. In a situation where a person or business is purchasing such a volume of cards and total dollar amount, the business should have called to make prior arrangements and as to the form of check that would be accepted. I am quite sure that Wal-Mart must have procedures about accepting checks over a certain amount (like $1000+). One problem with using Verisign is that here Wal-Mart has to pay a fee (2-3%?) and that cuts into their profits. There is also the frequent acts of someone who is stealing money and checks from businesses and using the checks to purchase something they can convert or resell. Still, it's another boo-boo for Wal-Mart.

prosa

Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:19 pm

All I will say is that the account as given in the news report looks very bad for Wal-Mart. It may be significant that company representatives have apologized to the aggrieved customer. On the other hand, I'm also cautious about jumping to conclusions when we don't know the full story. You'll note from the news report that while Wal-Mart issued an apology, the spokesperson said only that the company is investigating, in other words it hasn't told its side of the story. All we've heard is the customer's own, self-serving account.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

dl021

Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:46 pm

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 10):
Quoting DL021 (Reply 8):

So a black man is apparently discriminated against, and the FIRST thing you have to say is that white people are also discriminated against? Right...

Try reading all the posts prior to this and see if that was my first response....numbnuts.

santosdumont

Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:13 am

I love how some black people can call white people crackers and whities and whatnot, but you say the n-word, well your fu**ed then

Honestly, Dan, do you think that terms like "honky," "cracker," or "whitey" have the semantic firepower of "nigger," "jigaboo," "mulignan" and other dehumanizing terms? Your post presupposes that the socio-political playing field in the United States is somehow level...that centuries-old racist beliefs somehow mysteriously evaporated with the stroke of a pen or with someone telling Blacks to "just get over it." I guess the people at Wal-Mart didn't read that particular memo.

When uttered by a White person, the word "Nigger" has a singular, caustic, corrosive effect.

Now, why do Blacks call each other "Nigga" (not to be confused with "Nigger")? There are plenty of theories about that; who knows, maybe it was a way to try to lessen the power of that word by using themselves...ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different answers.

A notable exception to the whole phenomenon on the use of "Nigga" comes from -- of all people -- Richard Pryor, who had a provocative riff on one of his comedy albums about how he decided to stop using that word because it represented "a symbol of our own wretchedness."

As for the whole concept of Black racism, to even suggest that a certain ethnic group doesn't have the innate ability to foster totally irrational and dangerous racial prejudices against other ones (as rapper Sista Souljah once sustained) is tantamount to stating that one group is somehow less human than another. (See Spike Lee's "School Daze" for an interesting take on intra-racial tension).

And with regard to the hollow, unbelievably anemic "apologies" offered to this gentleman by Wal-Mart, it pisses me off to no end how individuals and companies toss around cheap-ass apologies, as if they alone will rectify things. If Wal-Mart had any capitalistic sense to it, it would be offering free stuff and privileges to this guy on a silver platter; otherwise it is just telling him, in market terms, "we are not willing to offer you any economic incentive to keep your business with us."
"Pursuit Of Truth No Matter Where It Lies" -- Metallica

dan2002

Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:24 am

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 33):
Honestly, Dan, do you think that terms like "honky," "cracker," or "whitey" have the semantic firepower of "nigger," "jigaboo," "mulignan" and other dehumanizing terms? Your post presupposes that the socio-political playing field in the United States is somehow level...that centuries-old racist beliefs somehow mysteriously evaporated with the stroke of a pen or with someone telling Blacks to "just get over it." I guess the people at Wal-Mart didn't read that particular memo.

If the "n-word" is so dehumanizing, why do I always hear it frequently among the black community at my school? To add to that, they are always so quick to call teachers "racist" because they only call on white people, or get grades worse than that of the white population, yet, they don't participate, so how would they get called on, and have poor study habits, so how would they get good grades? I think the majority of young blacks today don't know the first thing when it comes to racism, compared to their ancestors that had to deal with very harsh racism in their daily lives.

And with regard to the hollow, unbelievably anemic "apologies" offered to this gentleman by Wal-Mart, it pisses me off to no end how individuals and companies toss around cheap-ass apologies, as if they alone will rectify things. If Wal-Mart had any capitalistic sense to it, it would be offering free stuff and privileges to this guy on a silver platter; otherwise it is just telling him, in market terms, "we are not willing to offer you any economic incentive to keep your business with us."

Agreed.

PSA53

Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:33 am

Quoting Dan2002 (Reply 34):
If the "n-word" is so dehumanizing, why do I always hear it frequently among the black community at my school?

Good point.We get a lot of the same around here to.Sounds like to me,
the people who calling on others to be politically correct,don't won't to be politically correct.  

[Edited 2005-12-04 19:35:26]
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

prosa

Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:41 am

I have to disagree. Terms of ethnic abuse are unacceptable regardless of the identities of the parties involved. "Good" abuse and "bad" abuse are pointless concepts.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

airlinelover

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:04 am

Anyone trying to complain about people tarnishing wal-mart's reputation should remember this..

You can't tarnish a rusted blade..

This just goes to show the dispicable company wal-mart is.

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

B707321C

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:20 am

Isn't writing check kind of old fashion anyhow. Why not use Debit or credit cards. Several countries have scraped the use of chech several years ago.

santosdumont

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:35 am

Quoting Dan2002 (Reply 26):
If the "n-word" is so dehumanizing, why do I always hear it frequently among the black community at my school?

A valid question. Why don't you ask some members of that community and see what they say?

Quoting Dan2002 (Reply 26):
To add to that, they are always so quick to call teachers "racist" because they only call on white people, or get grades worse than that of the white population, yet, they don't participate, so how would they get called on, and have poor study habits, so how would they get good grades?

That reminds me of an excerpt from Public Enemy's "Welcome To The Terrordome": "It's weak to speak and blame somebody else/When you destroy yourself." For God knows what reason, some Black kids equate studying and doing well in school with "selling out" or "acting White."

dan2002

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:40 am

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 31):
A valid question. Why don't you ask some members of that community and see what they say?

I really dont feel like getting shot or jumped anytime soon.

Dan

santosdumont

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:59 am

Quoting Dan2002 (Reply 32):
I really dont feel like getting shot or jumped anytime soon.

If the racial gulf is as bad as your post suggests, then we're in more trouble than I thought...

luv2fly

Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:23 am

Quoting Psa53 (Reply 20):
Agreed.As an example.
When we do a commercial account,which buy in high quantity ,and a check
is written,we'll put the transaction on hold until the check has cleared the bank.Usaully seven to ten business banking days.Or if a bank will do it.Go
to the bank and get the check(funds) transferred right there.But sometimes it's a headache.

As far as the race card issue.I doubt it.It sounds like the employee was
not trained properly.It is an overkill.And Wal-Mart needs do a fellow up.

But let's face it,too.The race card is used in a excessive manner, as well.
When your retail,your exposed to lot phonies out there, who want to trip
you up and take you to court.

Think about it, if you were the retailer here! Buying gift cards with a check, gift cards that could be turned in and used ASAP, before the check clears and now you have been taken twice! Holidays are a time that scams like this do in fact happen, left and right. Plan ahead people witha purchase this large. Also most likely with a purchase this large you would be able to get a corporate discount as well.
You can cut the irony with a knife

scamp

Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:58 am

I'm curious...should one therefore wait to change colors before writing the aformentioned check?
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.

scamp

Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:59 am

I'm curious...should one therefore wait to change colors before writing the aforementioned check?
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.

md80fanatic

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:00 am

Those gift cards must be activated first....so delay activation until the check clears. This would be much better than publically embarassing a customer.

dan2002

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:34 am

If the racial gulf is as bad as your post suggests, then we're in more trouble than I thought...

Welcome to paradise, errr... Cleveland, Ohio.

redngold

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:46 am

I'd be suspicious if ANYONE brought in a personal check for that amount... However, this was a business check, and the store manager spoke to the company's accountant over the telephone... Proper ID and all... I'd call it unwarranted suspicion, whether or not it is racism.
Up, up and away!

GuitrThree

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:16 am

First off, this is NOT a defense of Wal*Mart, but rather retail in general.

That being said,
while Wal*Mart should not have called the cops, they should have handled the situation much differently. Being a retail manager for almost 15 years, I would NEVER have taken a $13,000 check. Period. I don't care what race, sex, or whatever, business or personal (business checks are stolen as much as personal ones are). With the total amount of check forgeries going around, taking a $300 check is almost suicide, much less $13K. Seriously, if you were selling your car, would you take a check for $13K from a stranger? Of course not.
So.. how do you handle it? First of, you explain to the customer that you would have to activate each card, ONE AT A TIME, which is not a lie, since all of those cards hanging at the register are "dead" until encoded through the check card reader. Now, if this customer wanted $13K worth of $50 cards, then that would be 260 cards, which would take a few hours, and probably wouldn't be to easy to do physically. I would suggest to the customer that he contact corporate and they could send him the 260 cards, all encoded, and PROBABLY at a small 1-2% discount. I would of course, offer to do all this leg work for him, and then when it is completed, I'd take the check and personally overnight it to corporate. I would not be afraid to tell the customer this at all, because if he didn't like that, and went down to Target, he probably would have gotten the same explanation.
Second, we don't know all the facts. Was the bank open? Maybe? Also, from experience, those electronic check verification systems are NOT fool-proof, far from it. Again, $13K is a corporate level purchase, and should be treated as such.
I seriously see this as local Store Manager error, not a Wal*Mart Error.

[Edited 2005-12-05 03:18:04]
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

david b.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:16 pm

I really dont feel like getting shot or jumped anytime soon

LOL! WHy don't you ask them? To scare they might jump your white ass? If you don't ask you like many white people will never find out. Ask and learn.

[Edited 2005-12-05 04:25:04]
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

airlinelover

RE: Don't Write Large Check While Black At Wal-Mar

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:03 pm

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 31):

I wondere the same thing, and asked a friend of mine who is black. He explained that in the slave days, the slave owners called the black people n*****s as an insult. However, in defiance, they took it as their own. That's why one black person can say it to another, but someone who is not black can't..

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

airlinelover

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:08 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 40):
lso, from experience, those electronic check verification systems are NOT fool-proof, far from it. Again, $13K is a corporate level purchase, and should be treated as such.
I seriously see this as local Store Manager error, not a Wal*Mart Error.

But, as someone who has also been in front end retail management, if you get an auth code from the check verification company, you get the $$ even if the check goes bad...

Also, it's not like he just walked in and said "I want this many giftcards at $$$ each, here's a check." THe giftcards, according to the article, seemed ready to go for the guy to pick up, and just needed payment.

And although it is a store managers error, he and the employees represent wal-mart.. plain and simple.

Chris

GuitrThree

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:22 pm

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 44):
But, as someone who has also been in front end retail management, if you get an auth code from the check verification company, you get the $$ even if the check goes bad...

Wrong. NO YOU DON'T. These check verification systems DO NOT guarantee you payment in any way. I can promise you that, or my P&L statements would not have a "bad check expense line." That is a very common misconception about Veri-sign and other check cashing verification systems. In reality, all it is, is a big database that other retail firms contribute to. Say, for instance, you wrote a bad check at Target. Target sends this data to Veri-sign and other companies. When you go to any other retailer, say, Wal*Mart to write a check, well, you have bad data from Target and you don't get your check accepted at Wal*Mart. Simply put, that's it. Again, these companies do not and never will guarantee payment.

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Reply 42):
Jesus Christ no wonder you were in retail management.

Umm, yea.

Managed around 100 employees at a time.
Managed MILLIONS of dollars of inventory at any given moment.
Complied with a slew of HR, Health, OSHA, and Hiring practices.

Oh, hell, you wouldn't understand.. I guess in the Marshall Islands you don't make much selling 50 cent trinkets to tourists.

Retail Management is a good job, if you are willing to put in a lot of wired hours. A lot of big employers, such as Wal*Mart or Target, pay their store managers up to and over $100K. That's probably more than 95% of A.netters, and I'm willing to say you, make. Not only that, a lot of chains offer great Profit-Sharing retirements, and unlike pension plans that are being taken away daily, a Stock-owned profit sharing plan can't be taken away. Sure, there are a lot of managers running small stores that don't make that much, but work, and I do mean work, for a big chain and you will have a great life financially.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

usnseallt82

Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:39 am

Quoting FlyingTexan (Thread starter):
What do you say? Guy pulled the race card? Wal-Mart trying to protect their assets? The individuals at this particular Wal-Mart bad?

Who knows. Its honestly too difficult to know for sure, but if race had something to do with it then I hope those employees responsible get the shit beat out of them.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if Wal-Mart was a little suspicious, since crap like this happens during the holiday season. Yeah, it probably had a little bit to do with race but I would have questioned the validity of that check for anyone since it was the large amount that it was.

But like I said, if race was a factor, then I'm sure they'll get what they deserve.
Crye me a river

APFPilot1985

Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:07 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 45):
Umm, yea.

Managed around 100 employees at a time.
Managed MILLIONS of dollars of inventory at any given moment.
Complied with a slew of HR, Health, OSHA, and Hiring practices.

Oh, hell, you wouldn't understand.. I guess in the Marshall Islands you don't make much selling 50 cent trinkets to tourists.

Way to skip over everything of substance that was mentioned in my post, it seems that being illiterate doesnt stop you from being a manager
Stand Up and Be Counted Visit Site Related to Voice your opinion

LHMark

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:35 am

Let's just rename this thread "Motherf*ck other A.netters," because that's all it is. Why's everyone so pissed off?
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

BigOrange

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:38 am

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 48):
Let's just rename this thread "Motherf*ck other A.netters," because that's all it is. Why's everyone so pissed off?

Couldn't agree more. Maybe the powers that be should just close down the non-aviation forum for a while to clear out some of the hostility in this forum!

MaverickM11

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:48 am

Quoting FlyingTexan (Thread starter):
Guy presents check for $13,600 f

Race aside, does anyone believe that the average Walmart customer has that kind of spending money?
E pur si muove -Galileo