fxramper

Reggie Bush Sweepstakes.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:33 am

Based on the performance of the Houston Texans this week, and their failure to hold the Ravens on the final drive...

Are they just throwing games so they are guaranteed drafting Bush? The Rams game last weekend...another huge breakdown of the Texans.

This is purely assumptions on my part, but it seems the 49ers and Texans just want an opportunity to add Bush to their team, at whatever the cost...

Anyone agree or disagree?

A natural Heisman pose, mid run!

Garri767

RE: Reggie Bush Sweepstakes.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:33 am

disagree ..

heres what they want
(And need )

their problem is , if they can convince him to skip his senior year
Two wrongs may not make a right, but three lefts do!

Lumberton

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:41 am

Aren't they both juniors, with one year of eligibility left? Matt Leinart declined a sure 8 figure deal to stay with USC. There is a lot to be said for being part of a stellar program and a chance to make college football history. Then again, there's a lot to be said for being rich!

Horns by 3 in the Rose Bowl.
"When all is said and done, more will be said than done".

Newark777

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:48 am

If the Jets lose out and get Leinart, it would be magical. We'll just have to wait until draft day, though.  Smile

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

fxramper

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:29 am

Quoting Garri767 (Reply 1):
disagree ..

heres what they want
(And need )

I've read of ton of stuff, nothing official, that said R. Bush has declared himself eligible for the draft, and that V. Young plans on staying on for his Sr. year.

I guess there is a lot riding on the Rose Bowl outcome and Heisman voting. If UT wins the Rose Bowl, but R. Bush takes home the Heisman, I look for Young to stay his Sr. year at UT and Bush to cash in his Heisman and play pro-ball.

Will V. Young play QB or WR in the pros?

corocks

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:59 am

As much as I would love to see the Texans throw the rest of their games, I don't think they are doing it. I don't think anyone could swallow their pride in that situation and lose on purpose. I don't think it is possible to screw up games as bad as they are on pupose anyway! When Baltimore called a fair catch on a kickoff, I thought it was all over. But the Texans pulled through!

Quoting FXramper (Reply 4):
Will V. Young play QB or WR in the pros?

I don't see Vince Young as a QB in the NFL. While he is a dynamic playmaker when he runs the ball like a Mike Vick, he still has too many issues throwing the ball. His TD vs. INT ratio is too high and he tends to fumble the ball quite a bit when he does take off. These issues would only be magnified in the Pros. I think he would be better as a receiver (assuming he can catch).

boeingfever777

Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:45 am

Quoting FXramper (Thread starter):
their problem is , if they can convince him to skip his senior year

NEGATIVE!!!! He has stated 2-3 times this yr and this weekend In Houston that his commitment is with the University of Texas and his senior yr. He has a strong bond with Mac and will stay.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre.