Sabena332
Topic Author

Why Do I Have Constant MSN Problems?

Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:50 am

Can someone plese help me?

I am so sick of the constant MSN messenger problems lately. Sometimes I get kicked out when I click on a link in the MSN chat window, sometimes I get kicked out when someone is posting a smiley, someone I get kicked out for no reason.

I was just in a nice chat with a few other A.netters but I got kicked out when I wanted to add another member to our chat.

What the hell is wrong?

I have to say that I am using WinME (which will get relaced as soon as possible=, can it be that the current MSN messenger and WinME have a problem with each other?

Thanks for any help!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

pilot kaz

RE: Why Do I Have Constant MSN Problems?

Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:53 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Thread starter):

I was just in a nice chat with a few other A.netters but I got kicked out when I wanted to add another member to our chat.

We all tried to get you back in...  Sad
-

Sabena332
Topic Author

Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:58 am

Quoting Pilot kaz (Reply 1):
We all tried to get you back in...

Thanks for that!

Both Graham and Moe already told me that it is not working, but why? My MSN window shows "online" (it crashed another time in between but I made sure that I was listed as "online" again).

Anyway, I will get drunken and stoned now and then I'll send some hate-mails to Bill Gates.  Wink

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

pilot kaz

Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:58 am

Patrick, sign back on...
-

flyAUA

Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:01 am

was just in a nice chat

I am not sure that "nice" is a good word to describe what we just had  Silly

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 2):
Both Graham and Moe already told me that it is not working, but why? My MSN window shows "online" (it crashed another time in between but I made sure that I was listed as "online" again).

Maybe take it easy on the smoking  Wink
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

VirginFlyer

Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:11 am

It seems to happen to me fairly often - it will just decide to sign itself out for no apparent reason. It seems to take special joy in doing it as the 10MB file someone is sending me reaches 9.5MB  banghead 

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

Sabena332
Topic Author

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:40 am

Thanks to PilotKaz (the Queen of IT support  Wink) and of course also to all the other guys for this absolutely funny chat!  bigthumbsup 

General warning: Be careful, a lot of roofuckers Australians and Kiwis are active at this time.... and "Rhaats" as well  Wink

Patrick

KyleLosAngeles

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:43 am

What the hell is wrong?

It is a sign from above.

You are being tweaked for your bipolar moderating habits.  Smile
Happy 2006

flyAUA

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 6):
Thanks to PilotKaz (the Queen of IT support ) and of course also to all the other guys for this absolutely funny chat!

General warning: Be careful, a lot of roofuckers Australians and Kiwis are active at this time.... and "Rhaats" as well

Yeah it crashed on my PC too when I was camming with Kaz. Real weird. I never got to see the end of that conversation. Anyways, goodnight and sleep tight  cloudnine 
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

DeskPilot

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:48 am

MSN disconects and reconnects a lot for me too, but I've traced this to occuring when Azureaus (Bittrorrent) running. Seems MSN Messenger gets cranky and drops/looses it's connection when there are too many (TCP/IP) connections running.

Seemed to have controlled it by limiting the number of connections Azuearus can have.
By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Sabena332
Topic Author

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:56 am

Quoting KyleLosAngeles (Reply 7):
You are being tweaked for your bipolar moderating habits.

I am sure you will like them:

Patrick  Wink

VirginFlyer

Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:21 pm

It has been really bad today - for the past few hours, it has been signing out pretty much every 10-15 minutes. Maybe it has something to do with adding a bunch of crazy clowns in the past day who all thought I was KROC?  duck 

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

Aviation

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:05 pm

Yeh I am sick to death with msn lately too...

I use XP Pro and msn 7.5 and every now and then i go to login and it just frezees so sick of it...!

Cheers,
Signed, Aaron Nicoli - Trans World Airlines Collector

BNE

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:14 pm

Today was pretty bad.
Actually with MSN I hate it that they want to update it every other week; how annoying.  banghead 
Why fly non stop when you can connect

Starship

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 pm

My MSN behaves itself 99% of the time and MSN PLUS is a great add-on allowing you to write loads of text before hitting the character limitation imposed in the standard program. I can never say what I want to say in 250 characters.
Behind every "no" is a "yes"

dan2002

Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:28 am

Quoting Aviation (Reply 12):
Yeh I am sick to death with msn lately too...

I use XP Pro and msn 7.5 and every now and then i go to login and it just frezees so sick of it...!

MSN 8 is going to be much better, and apparantly, you can use your Yahoo messenger account with MSNM 8.
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.