Aleksandar
Topic Author

Reaction To The Latest Ahmedinejad's Statement

Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:38 am

It seems that the only real talent of Iranian president is to alienate from as much people as it is possible. His latest statements regarding the Holocaust, caused a fury in the Islamic countries as well and Lebanon's "Daily Star" has an interesting article on it:
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article...._id=10&categ_id=2&article_id=20665

I'll only post some excerpts from the article:

".....Three senior Saudi officials complained in private that the comments completely contradicted and diverted attention from the message of tolerance the summit was trying to project....."

"....One Saudi official compared Ahmadinejad to ousted Iraq president Saddam Hussein and Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi....."

"...."The Iranian president seems to have lost his direction," said Gilan al-Ghamidi, a prominent commentator in Saudi media. "Iran should be logical if it wants to receive the support of the world. The president didn't score any points. He lost points."....

".....Even some of Ahmadinejad's allies in Iran were growing disillusioned, fearing that he has hurt the country with his wild rhetoric.

"...."The president has to choose his words carefully. He can convey his message to the world in better language tone," Hamid Reza Taraqi, a leader of a hard-line party, the Islamic Coalition Society, said....."

"...."The ruling establishment should do something about this man," said Iranian prominent analyst Davoud Hermidas Bavand. "Ahmadinejad speaks as if he is spokesman of a hard-line vigilante group. His words don't fit with those of a responsible president."

So, is there any chance for Ahmedinejad to be impeached?
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

TheSonntag

RE: Reaction To The Latest Ahmedinejad's Statement

Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:50 am

I don't know about Iran, but I remember a case when a British minister said something about "Hitler may come out again" when the German wall collapsed. He had to resign. The same happened when a German minister compared GWB to Adolf Hitler... She also lost her job.

This time, we have a prime minister, so he certainly will not resign that fast as a minister, but certainly a line was crossed. Of course, rhetorics of German or British governments are usually much more reserved, so a British minister offending Germany or a German minister offending the US is something more severe than the Iranian PM offending somebody (we are pretty used to this, nobody ever cared about Saddams rhetorics, for example), but also the Iranian PM crossed a line now which is so unacceptable that consequences are inevitable...

Even though I must say I think his idea of moving Israel was pretty funny, I am not sure, though, which area of Germany we want to give away... Maybe the former GDR, this would reduce our payments to the East  Wink Bavaria might be a good idea, as well, although we must keep the money from Schloss Neuschwanstein as well as the Oktoberfest...  Wink

Seriously, though, I think sanctions are inevitable. This is the 2nd time in 2 mounths that he said things like that in public. And instead of saying "you misquoted me", he even makes his speeches worse later on... Poor employees of the Iranian foreingn ministry, I guess they will not have a weekend for the next couple of weeks...