DrP
Topic Author

2005 - How Was It For You?

Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:31 pm

With just over 2 weeks of the year left - and wondering where the hell it went - I was wondering how 2005 was for everyone. Good? Bad? Ugly?

For me, it's all been a bit of a blur. After settling into a new house and a new city at the end of 2004, I got a new job working in the airline industry at the the start of the year and have loved it ever since. I've had a few problems, family wise, which are thankfully almost sorted now and i'm looking forward to 2006 - even if the years are going at lightning speed lately Big grin All in all, a good year for me!

You?  Smile
My pony plays the mamba . .

AsstChiefMark

RE: 2005 - How Was It For You?

Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:33 pm

The worst year of my life. Set up, burned out, depressed, apathetic, hopeless, and fatalistic. Now for the bad things.....

Mark  Sad
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

ThomasCook757

Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:34 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 1):
The worst year of my life.

D-I-T-T-O

DrP
Topic Author

Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:39 pm

Quoting ThomasCook757 (Reply 2):

Sorry to hear that  Sad
My pony plays the mamba . .

flyAUA

Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:58 pm

Quoting DrP (Thread starter):
I was wondering how 2005 was for everyone. Good? Bad? Ugly?

Hmmmm Phil,

When I checked my "year horoscope" at the end of last year (just for fun), it said this would be an amazing year for me where all my efforts would pay off, I would get the career I always wanted, find the love of my life, become wealthy, have great interpersonal relationships, and everything would with in nicely  Sad

Unfortunately thought this was not the case and it turned out to be the worst year of my life! Pretty much everything that hadn't already gone wrong went wrong in 2005. I wonder what 2006 will be like, but I guess it would be difficult to be any more f***ed up than this year... yes, a true optimist  Wink
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

noelg

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:06 am

This year has gone so fast. (unbelievably fast actually). It started off good, our house sale went through in the first week, we moved in Feb, and the rest of the year went pretty good. We had a few low points, a few skint points, but on the whole it was quite a good year.

Had two truly bad years recently - 2002 and 2004. By rights and following this example, 2006 should be pretty shitty too.

We have a few things to look forward to coming up though, Rachel is being promoted to a Unit Organiser at Ann Summers in January, which means she is eligible to earn awards such as her first company car which we will hopefully have by summer. We also go on holiday to NZ next month, and are hoping to get the ball rolling to move over there by the end of 2006.

Ciao,
Noel.

CanadianNorth

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:08 am

2005 for me was kinda bad and excellent at the same time.

bad-My best friend's dad who was also my dads best friend died
good-I did have the best half a year of my life as far as school goes
bad-That half a year ended, because time is going way to fast now
good-This school year is turning out second best
good-Finally signed up to go to Europe
bad-For the first time I had my bike stolen, I loved that bike
good-Got a new bike for free out of it, like that bike too
good-Started getting more pics on a.net
good-This summer the weather was great
bad-This winter sofar the weather is sh*t

CanadianNorth
What could possibly go wrong?

kiwiandrew

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:09 am

The worst year of my life. Set up, burned out, depressed, apathetic, hopeless, and fatalistic. Now for the bad things

Quoting ThomasCook757 (Reply 2):
D-I-T-T-O

Quoting FlyAUA (Reply 4):
Unfortunately thought this was not the case and it turned out to be the worst year of my life!

I'm sorry to hear that guys - I hope 2006 is better for you , a whole lot better .

On the bright side you have certainly cheered me up , I have been sitting here hating the weather and wishing I was back in New Zealand , missing my friends , my family and my old job ( in spite of the fact that I could not wait to leave it ) , and generally being bored and fed up of being unemployed and , even worse , being in BRU - but I am starting to feel maybe things are not so bad after all. Thanks for giving me some sense of proportion .

skidmarks

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:26 am

Peaks and trouhgs here, with little in-between. We have had highs like my son being selected for the National Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth, an excellent holiday in Utah and several mini-trips away.

The lows have been my eldest son being attacked in broad daylight in July and my stepdaughter being raped in October.

All in all a year I would rather suffer with selective memory recall. I just hope and pray to anyone's God that 2006 gets better.

Dream on

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Aviation

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:30 am

School was Great!
A.net was Great!

But over all could be better...

Last year I lost a close friend and this year I lost 2 more.  Sad

Rest in peace:
Greg
Steffano
Butch

I hope next year is better

Cheers,
Signed, Aaron Nicoli - Trans World Airlines Collector

erikwilliam

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:40 am

since you asked, so for so great.

Work is going great, sales up 10-15% (lets´see after x-mas)/year.
Moved in to my new place, wich is good.
Loving closer to work, so, no car to get there means no traffic means Erik with more time to relax.
Made a new friend, and my friends are doing all fine also.
Nobody I know died, or had any serious problems.
Family is all good.
Had sex with more women than last year.
Maneged not to drive drunk, or crash my car.
Smoked more pot than last year.

Just didn´t stop smoking, masybe in 2006
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

flyAUA

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:57 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 7):
On the bright side you have certainly cheered me up , I have been sitting here hating the weather and wishing I was back in New Zealand , missing my friends , my family and my old job ( in spite of the fact that I could not wait to leave it ) , and generally being bored and fed up of being unemployed and , even worse , being in BRU - but I am starting to feel maybe things are not so bad after all. Thanks for giving me some sense of proportion .

No problem... I can whine a whole lot more! If you want me to, you know how to get in touch Big grin

Just kidding  Wink

Ooooh, and if we're counting ditching the cigarettes, I quit too... twice  Silly
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

Matt27

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:00 am

For me 2005 wasn't a very good year, but slightly better than 2004. I hope all of us will have a better 2006  Smile
Man ska inte dricka rödvin i en vit hall.

bristolflyer

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:01 am

Top year for me:

Emigrated to the US

Set up in business (made a loss but what the hey)

Remodelled my house which has now doubled in value

Made a load of new friends in Phx, AZ

Learnt double somersaults from a 1m springboard

Met a lawyer who I actually like (a first!)

BF
Fortune favours the brave

EA CO AS

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:15 am

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 10):

So what was her name?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Cosmic

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:16 am

2005 has not been one of the better years for me. I'm just hoping that 2006, which I am really looking forward to, will be a great year. I am very optimistic about it! :D

[Edited 2005-12-13 17:27:26]

erikwilliam

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:17 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 14):
So what was her name?

EA CO AS mom´s  Wink
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

ClassicLover

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:25 am

With just over 2 weeks of the year left - and wondering where the hell it went - I was wondering how 2005 was for everyone. Good? Bad? Ugly?

Exceptional!

Finally departed Sydney and my old life at the end of March. The parents paid the difference between the OneWorld 4 continents Economy fare and the Business Fare as a gift, so I've been travelling in style.

Visited Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, Beijing, Reykjavik, London, and Helsinki - my first time to any of these places. Arrived in Dublin in April to begin my new life here.

Within three days I had met the person who was to become my now ex-partner. Moved into a new house with people I'd never met before. Scored a job doing data entry as a temp, and then scored my present job. Met lots of lovely people in Ireland since I arrived and have quite enjoyed myself.

Visited London again just after the bombings and liked it even more, and visited Stockholm in August.

It's been a very good year, which came on the heels of one of the toughest years of my life.

Next year promises to be just as good. Here's hoping!

Trent.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

Daleaholic

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:30 am

Bad, First full year without my father.

Enough said.
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

EA CO AS

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:30 am

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 16):
Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 14):
So what was her name?

EA CO AS mom´s

Excellent crackback - left myself wide open for that one.  bigthumbsup 
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

kiwiandrew

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:32 am

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 17):
The parents paid the difference between the OneWorld 4 continents Economy fare and the Business Fare as a gift, so I've been travelling in style.

they aren't looking for any more kids are they - I'm willing to put myself up for adoption to parents like that  Wink

tristarenvy

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:37 am

Mother-in-law passed in the first couple of days of January 2005, and wife hasn't quite recovered, as of yet.

Aside from that, this is the first year, in a while, where all hell didn't go wrong during the summer. In 2002, house hit by lightning and plumbing exploded....2003, got dragged into a big leagal squabble between co-workers and a company I had worked for....2004, made a huge mistake at work, and worried about it. My bosses thought it was a funny goof, but I thought I'd get canned for sure. Wife was gone all the time to be w/parents, and my daughters really had a hard time of Grandma's illness, and mommie not being around.

Keeping fingers crossed nothing goes "boom" in the next days, and we get outta 2005, in one piece...
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

ClassicLover

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:39 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 20):
they aren't looking for any more kids are they - I'm willing to put myself up for adoption to parents like that

hahahaha! I reckon... I was pretty stunned. I mentioned it as a "how cool would it be if I flew Business Class!" and several days later it was, "Would you like us to pay for the difference and you can go Business Class" ... I ended up booking this wild itinerary so I'd get to fly as much as possible. Exhausting, but now I want to become a corporate high flyer or something so I have the cash myself to do it in future  Smile

Trent.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

EA CO AS

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:41 am

Amazing highs:

• Got engaged to the most amazing girl in the world

• Bought a beautiful new home in a very exclusive area

• Saw my fiancee get a new job that doubled her salary

• Crushing lows:

• Saw my best friend miscarry her first child

• Watched my mother (successfully, thank God) battle breast cancer

• Continued difficulty selling my old condo and carrying double mortgages

• So 2005 was both good and bad. I'm hopeful that 2006 will involve much more of the good and much less of the bad for me and my family.

kiwiandrew

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:04 am

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 22):
    Exhausting, but now I want to become a corporate high flyer or something so I have the cash myself to do it in future

Tell me about it Trent , that's the trouble with business or first - they are worse than heroin - try them just once and you are hooked - I have been fortunate enough on my last few longhauls to be one of those people 'turning left' and the thought of going back to cattle class for future long haul is very unappealing .

Christa

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:17 am

In fairness, 2005 has been an excellent year for me. The year started off well, as my girlfriend and I had our first "anniversary" together fon January the 5th (a long time for someone aged 17). During Easter, I went away to Cornwell with my family where we rented a beautiful cottage right on the coast.

In June/July had to study a lot for my GCSE examinations (compulsory, externally marked exams for 15/16 year old's). This mean't that I was unable to go out much. However, the work paid off when I recieved my results in late August. I achieved; 4A*'s in Geography, History, ICT (Computing) and Religious Studies, 4A's in English Language, German and Double Science and finally 2B's in Mathematics and Literature.

August was good, I had time off from around late July as I had finished my exams. We went away to Lymington in Hampshire for a week to a country club which was very relaxing.

I started in a college in September to study for my AS/A2 levels, which should should hopefully lead to University (I'm currently looking at Oxford, Cambridge, London Imperial, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Manchester). I chose my AS/A2 options, opting for History, Geography, Economics and Sociology.

In October, I went to Malaga, Spain where we have a villa. Taking in visits to Marbella, Gibralter and various other spots and not forgetting.. sunbathing!

College started well and has continued well. I recently had a couple of mock exams. I did really well and got 4A's. I couldn't have asked for more as A is the highest possible grade at AS/A2 level. I now just have to transfer these skills to my first, proper AS/A2 external exams in January.

Last week, I celebrated my 17th Birthday. I am now able to learn to drive in the UK (which I am doing). This is a warning, I will be on the roads of South Wales, so do watch out!
    Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

BMIFlyer

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:21 am

Bad  Sad

Hope 2006 will be better  Smile

Lee
    Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

jap

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:26 am

One of the best!!!! Big grin

I came off my medication after using them for 3 years, I got a great deal of travelling done to places I've always wanted to see, ended a bad relationship that had been going on for several years (I'm just sorry it took so long for me to realize it was all wrong) and I met the greatest guy who I'm counting on being with for the rest of my life (yah, I'm optimistic already Big grin).

I'm sorry people have been having a bad year though- I'm hoping 2006 will be better for you.  Sad
    Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

erikwilliam

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:33 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 27):

WOHOOOOO
    a new chick here, how you Doing?

btw, where´s Carmenlu???

WindowSeat

Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:09 am

Profesionally, it was on the upside, the year flew by way too fast.

Personally, a complete roller coaster ride, exhilerating, satisfying, some really special moments I will cherish forever - but at the same time, depressing at times and downright sad.

Lessons learnt, looking forward to a great 2006. Have lots of plans already in the running, turning point should be by November 2006.

cheers
    I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

diamond

Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:11 am

Quoting WindowSeat (Reply 29):
    turning point should be by November 2006.

What's happening in November 2006? Gonna share with us?  Smile
    Blank.

aviationmaster

Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:27 am

I can't really say that 2005 was a bad year for me. The year started off fairly well for me, but now towards the end I can't wait for 2006. In the end it wasn't the worst nor the best of all years. Bring on 2006! Big grin

A332

Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:53 am

It's been a shitty year all around... lots of heartache and stress...

I seem to have this come around every 4 years... 2001 was probably the worst year ever, 1997 was bad as was 1993...

2009 isn't looking all that bad so far though... we get to see Dubya finally depart the White House... though who knows about the incumbent...  Wink
    Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

jasepl

Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:58 am

I've had a lot of ups and downs all year long.

Still, I'm ending the year more content with my life than I started it. So I really shouldn't complain.

shamrock350

Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:05 am

It's been a stressful year but a good one! Great friends that I spend 70% of my time with the rest of the time it with my grilfriend. The past four months have been full of work, I am in the middle of my GCSEs and it is a lot of work. I cant wait for school to finish on Friday!!!

9VSPO

Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:13 am

Quoting Jasepl (Reply 33):
    I've had a lot of ups and downs

Time for a new matress then..... Big grin

alcregular

Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:49 am

Well, this year has been up and down for me. Mostly down, but 5th November changed my life around. I met the most amazing person that's entered my life, and early next year I'm moving in with him. The past 6-8 weeks have been rough though, with my brother causing so much trouble in the house, but hopefully that's all ended and my parents will be able to get some peace, and I'll be with the one person that really means something to me for the rest of my life.
    Why drive when you can fly?

PSA53

Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:05 am

This year has been pretty good for me.
    I was able to finally overcome some
    long term problems.In my business,I will be
    expanding out,but that also will
    serve up some challenges for 06.

Oh God! My next entry is coming
    in tradition of A-netters.
    Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

pilot kaz

Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:08 am

Overall I have had a good year  Smile

Ups-

- Finished school
    - Started working life
    - Visited Germany, France, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Poland and Holland
    - Started Photography
    - Got better with Music  Silly
    - And about to Turn 18!

Downs-

- didn't finish school as well as expected
    - Got fired once
    - Laptop Died
    - No Muse gig
    - The Hemel explosion.
    -

cosec59

Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:18 am

2005 has been ok for me.
    Took up photography again. Met a lot of new friends.
    Visited few places in Europe and had 2 weeks at Sydney.

The big down was my Dad being diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease

As for 2006 I am being made redundant at the end of March. So a few challenges ahead
    Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

HAWK21M

Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:44 am

Tough
    Challenging
    Tiring.Especially Night Shifts.
    But Great year.  bigthumbsup 
    regds
    MEL
    I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

RobertNL070

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:11 am

In one word ...................................... excellent.

Thanks for asking.

Regards, Robert  bouncy 
    Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

Jkw777

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:13 am

It was a very good year… Frank Sinatra....  Smile

Hi there folks!

Where can I start really?! This year has probably been one of the best yet for me! And I most definitely mean that! A lot of major changes in the love life, in the work situation and (there will be) in the housing situation!

Things weren’t particularly great back home. In July 2004 my parents decided that they wanted a break from married life and my Dad walked out on us. I was devastated and my whole world had been turned upside down. To make matters worse it happened 4 days before my 18th birthday. Which is supposed to be a special day, but it was completely fucked. Thankfully they sorted out there differences and we soldiered on into 2005.

My year started off like any other really, a quiet family New Years eve with plenty of booze in the house. I don’t really like this time of year, it’s just a mad excuse to get severely drunk and suffer for a couple of days!

For a few months I had been planning a holiday with a mate of mine to Los Angeles and Las Vegas. This was steadily approaching us, and we were both getting pretty anxious about it. All of the final details were finalised and we sat back to make sure the time eased passed.

In the mean time I was off on a mini trip to the USA with an A.netter. We accomplished the DC-10 & DC-9 together, something that I wanted to do for a while. Great weekend with lots of memories!

Finally Los Angeles was upon us and we jet set away. Great holiday with many many great memories to come back home with. Suffered with depression for weeks and weeks after returning, California certainly stole my heart and I could not possibly ever forget the awesome time that I had with my friend out there, not ever.

Life carried on as normal, work was it’s usual boring self. Until something happened. A colleague of mine was found in possession of Class-A drugs with intent to supply. He was pretty much screwed. He left the company on his own accord and that meant a nice little “promotion” for me was just about to happen. Instantly I found myself in a better position.

My love life remained pretty dry but I did have an encounter with my ex girlfriend that I really do regret ever having, it was best to let sleeping dogs lay down in this case. It wasn’t too much of an issue for me anyway, I really did live a single guy’s life back then! (Oh how much I DO NOT miss those days!!)

Once that kafuffle was over with, I soldiered on. Working on my career as I entered my 3rd year of service with my company, things were better than ever! This was noticed through out the entire workforce. It’s good to hear from various members of staff about your adaptation to copious work loads.

I celebrated my 19th birthday with out no family disruptions and it was a relief to finally see my parents happy once more. My brother however was causing himself no end of problems. He’s always been in trouble with the law and is a bit of a gangster to be honest. Me and him had a few pints of Guinness and a couple of JD shorts on my birthday, and I’ve not seen him since.

The summer was great, there were a few A.net meets at LHR and MAN. I’ll never forget these good times, and all the faces that I met once more. Nor will I forget all of the good friends that I have made from this site, after all this is the new way of meeting people for me.

As I entered the tail end of the summer months I got myself into a bit of a situation with money. I’m over zealous at times and end up spending way too much. I’ve since learned that if I can’t afford it I can’t have it. Simple. Saying that I went and booked another holiday which I’m going to be going on in 2 weeks! Miami, San Juan and Saint Maarten! 

Something happened to me at around September/October time. I had been talking to this amazing girl for quite a while, but never really thought anything of it. Suddenly I found myself developing a massive crush on her. I’m not sure how mutual the feelings were, but there were most definitely some kind of feelings that made me feel great. After all we were just friends at the time. I kinda kept it near and then the situation arose to finally meet her. I hesitated because of the finances, but I jumped at the middle of October and booked myself on a flight to Amsterdam.

In case you are all left wandering what the fuck I am on about, I’m talking about another A.netter here. Our feelings for one another became very apparent with a few weeks to go before we would finally meet. I was most definitely entering a stage in where I felt there could be something between us.

The day finally came for us both, and excitement built up to an uncontrollable level for me. When I landed I was trembling with fear and excitement. As soon as I set my eyes on her, I fell in love. One thing led to another that afternoon, and we found ourselves enjoying each others company. I’ve not looked back since, this girl is amazing. (We’ll touch on this later!)

More developments at the workplace, two of my colleagues walked out on us leaving me in a very sweet situation. Instantly I was in a much better position than I was in the first instance. Money is good, responsibilities are huge. One cannot complain!

As for my love life, I’m desperately in love with the world’s most beautiful woman. Her name is Sharron and I’m crazy about her. We’re moving in together in the New Year and I’m so excited about this. She means the world to me and we’re madly in love with each other.

As far as I can see 2006 will be 100 times better than this year, because I will be with the girl of my dreams and in our own place together. I will be in a good position to really start moving up in the world and making plans for bigger and better things.

Thank you all so much for reading, I appreciate it.

Take care,
    Justin  

[Edited 2005-12-13 22:14:41]
    jkw6210@btopenworld.com or +447751242989

4holer

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:15 am

Bad. Very, very, bad.
    Divorce was final 1/14.

Edited to remove long sob story, most of which was directly attributed to the above event. So I'll add another "very" and let that sum it up...

[Edited 2005-12-13 22:31:23]
    Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

RobertNL070

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:19 am

Quoting Jkw777 (Reply 42):
    As for my love life, I’m desperately in love with the world’s most beautiful woman. Her name is Sharron and I’m crazy about her. We’re moving in together in the New Year and I’m so excited about this. She means the world to me and we’re madly in love with each other.

Oooooh nice, many congratulations to you both. What a great way to finish one year and begin a new year.

Regards, Robert  bouncy 
    Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

QFA380

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:26 am

This year has gone so fast. Its been a great year for me, started high school, air force cadets and all sorts of other things. Nearly everything has been good and I'm happy with how its turned out.

QFA380

jap

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:34 am

Quoting Jkw777 (Reply 42):

Awww, justin, that's so wonderful! Big grin Congrats, I'm so happy for you and Sharron- you're such a great couple  Smile
    Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

bristolflyer

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:58 am

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 10):

You mean sex with more women as opposed to sex with men/animals?

BF
    Fortune favours the brave

lentigomaligna

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:36 am

For me 2002 was a good year (especially with the Olympics...good times)

Then 2003 really sucked ass (hospitalized right before HS graduation for 3 months...ugh)

Then 2004 was great

Then 2005 returned to suck-ass

So here's to 2006.

NoUFO

Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:06 am

Better than the previous years (2001 was probably worst).
    I support the right to arm bears