Jalto27R
Topic Author

Anyone Familiar With Fire Pagers?

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:09 pm

Hey guys. I was looking into buying a fire pager (Minitor), and most recently have looked at ebay. I saw this deal for one, but I'm not sure if it's a reasonable price. Does anyone have any idea where I can get them cheap, or if Ebay is the best place to go? Thanks.

Mike

Go3Team

RE: Anyone Familiar With Fire Pagers?

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:14 pm

A guy I know had something similar in his house. It was set to go off when some tones of the correct pitch and length were recieved, the fire call was heard. Each company/station had their own tones. I imagine the pagers are similar.
Yay Pudding!

fr8mech

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:48 pm

Back in the day when I was a firefighter in charge of purchasing, I 50 Minitor III's for about $275 a piece with battery and charger. This model was a repeating pager with 2 channel scan ability and vibrating alert.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:01 am

Fr8Mech,

That is exactly what I'm looking for. A two-channel, stored voice with vibrate one. It doesn't need to be the newest model, but everything seems to be over $300.

Mike

AsstChiefMark

Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:10 am

Mike...

I'm the communications officer for www.baldwinambulance.com .

Are you looking for new or used? What frequencies and cap codes do you need?

A brand new Motorola Minitor 4 or Minitor 5 is the only way to go. Used pagers are usually for sale because either something's wrong with them or they're old as the hills.

From personal experience, the sellers of new Minitor pagers on eBay are very reputable. I'll gladly help you find the best deal.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail