JeffSFO
Topic Author

New Year's In SFO, Who's Game? (Part 2)

Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:24 pm

Just wanted to follow up and find out the status of the Airliners.net New Year's gathering in San Francisco:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions...ion/read.main/1001660/6/#ID1001660

Last time I posted I was in the 'maybe' camp but am now a definite.

Definites:

* WindowSeat
* BCAInfoSys
* Superfly
* Aerobalance
* Ilikeyyc
* JeffSFO

Maybe's:

* Tbar220
* An-225

Superfly: Still thinking of the Orbit Room to start off?

-Jeff

BCAInfoSys

RE: New Year's In SFO, Who's Game? (Part 2)

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:19 am

Yep, I'm definitely in. Whatever we end up doing, lets try to keep it reasonable. I am a broke-ass college student after all, and the holidays are damned expensive!  Wow!

I'll be staying with Vik (WindowSeat) and arriving midday on the 31st. When're we planning on meeting up as a group?
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

JeffSFO
Topic Author

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:00 am

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 1):
Yep, I'm definitely in. Whatever we end up doing, lets try to keep it reasonable. I am a broke-ass college student after all, and the holidays are damned expensive! Wow!

I'll be staying with Vik (WindowSeat) and arriving midday on the 31st. When're we planning on meeting up as a group?

Okay, good to know. Coincidentally, after posting this thread I caught up with Vik on A.net chat on Saturday night and he told me to send him an e-mail to coordinate the details.

Something reasonable is fine with me. I'm an underemployed freelancer right now and business is slow because of the holidays. Regardless, we'll have fun. Also, Imran (Jacobin777) may join us as well.

-Jeff

Superfly

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:06 am

I am still up and yes, the Orbit Room is a good starter.
An-225 told me as of last week that he cannot make it to SFO for New Years.  Sad
Bring back the Concorde

JeffSFO
Topic Author

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:32 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 3):
I am still up and yes, the Orbit Room is a good starter.

Great. I've never been to the Orbit Room and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 3):
An-225 told me as of last week that he cannot make it to SFO for New Years.

That's too bad that he can't make it, so here's the attendance list as it stands now:

Definites

* WindowSeat
* BCAInfoSys
* Superfly
* Aerobalance
* Ilikeyyc
* JeffSFO

Maybe's

* Tbar220
* Jacobin777

aerobalance

Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:04 am

Unfortunately, I must bail on this. Bronchitis and a project that must be shipped on Jan. 7 means that I must be in the lab through the weekend.... yuck. Have a good time!
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

jacobin777

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:15 am

Quoting Aerobalance (Reply 5):
Unfortunately, I must bail on this. Bronchitis and a project that must be shipped on Jan. 7 means that I must be in the lab through the weekend.... yuck. Have a good time!

Aerobalance....what kind of lab work do you do? I did lab work for almost a decade.....

Well...I think I'll be in for New Years..so I can make it..though I haven't set anything in stone.....but there is a good probability I'll make it.. Smile
"Up the Irons!"

aerobalance

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:23 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 6):
Aerobalance....what kind of lab work do you do?

I make instruments.

Have a good time!

ScarletHarlot

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:22 am

No Tony for New Year's? How awful!  Smile Feel better, man.
But that was when I ruled the world

aerobalance

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:30 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 8):
No Tony for New Year's? How awful!

I know, I'm bummed....

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 8):
Feel better, man.

Thank You!!!

JeffSFO
Topic Author

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:15 pm

Aerobalance, that's too bad you can't make it. Get well soon.

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 6):
Well...I think I'll be in for New Years..so I can make it..though I haven't set anything in stone.....but there is a good probability I'll make it.

Great Imran, I hope you can make it.

Here's the list as it stands now.

Definites

* WindowSeat
* BCAInfoSys
* Superfly
* Ilikeyyc
* JeffSFO

Probable

* Jacobin777

Maybe

* Tbar220

--------------

Larry, do you have any info on what's going on down at the Ferry Building? I've never been to that before and some of us were wondering where we could go after the Orbit Room...

-Jeff

WindowSeat

Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:26 pm

Noo!! I was looking forward to seeing you again after Seattle last year. Oh well, get well soon. Hope to see you again sometime.  smile 

cheers
I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

Superfly

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:10 am

Quoting JeffSFO (Reply 10):
Larry, do you have any info on what's going on down at the Ferry Building?

There will be a huge gathering down at the Ferry Building with DJs playing music and people just hanging out. Then the mayor comes out on stage and does the New Years countdown and I think there are fireworks. Then they kick everybody out.
Bring back the Concorde

charlib52

Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:16 am

Hi Guys--

Looks like I will see you all as well -- I'm in SF to visit friends and just talked to Steve -- he's going to call me or I'll call him on the 31st to see where you are at.

Happy New Year!

-Garrett

tbar220

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:45 pm

Unfortunately, while I will be in SFO during New Years, I had promised to spend it with my sister since I really don't get to see her much. So for new years celebrations, count me out  Sad
NO URLS in signature

jacobin777

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:56 pm

Quoting JeffSFO (Reply 10):
Great Imran, I hope you can make it.

Jeff, sent you an email..I should be game..

Tbar220....sux you can't make it..maybe you can get you sister to come out with us....the more people, the funner it is!!!

my only concern is the weather, as it seems to be a bit bad......

[Edited 2005-12-29 05:14:26]
"Up the Irons!"

tbar220

Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:04 pm

Yea, it looks like the weather on New Years Eve is going to SUCK!!!

Otherwise, I think my sis and I are going to a comedy show at 7:30 and then going to her friends for a party.
NO URLS in signature

WindowSeat

Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:29 pm

Yes weather is going to suck, but we should be able to stick to our plans. If it does get too bad, we just stick to one place...

Quoting Charlib52 (Reply 13):
Looks like I will see you all as well

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing you again Big grin

Quoting Tbar220 (Reply 14):
So for new years celebrations, count me out

How about the night after? Steve, Andrew and I will probably head out the next night for a few drinks anyway.

cheers
I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

JeffSFO
Topic Author

Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:07 pm

I'm glad we'll have some new additions.

Larry (Superfly) suggested the Orbit Room. What do you all think of meeting up there around 8 PM?

Superfly

Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:24 am

After tomorrow (Friday @ 12:30PM), I will not be on the computer until Tuesday so the best way to contact me is bu telephone.

Send me emails and/or IM with your number and I'll give you mine.

I spoke with the bartender/Stewardess who used to work for a fictional airline called Air Alberta (Alberta is her real name) and said that there is NO COVER CHARGE for New Years and will be open throughout the night/morning.
Bring back the Concorde

An-225

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:48 pm

I spoke to Superfly a few hours ago, and I may just be able to come. If everything works out, I'll be able to get in at 10 and will have to fly back out at 6 in the morning. Vafi88 may be joining me as well. Nothing is certain yet.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

UAL747

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:49 am

Hey, I'm not going to be in SFO for New Years, but if anyone is interested, I will be there Jan 4 - Jan 8. I've never met anyone from a.net and would love to get together and have drinks and discuss of course, AIRLINERS. I'll be at the W Hotel in SFO. Drinks on me of course  Smile.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

Superfly

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:55 am

Quoting Ual747 (Reply 21):
Drinks on me of course

I am there! Big grin

OK folks, I am off the computer for the rest of the year.

**** DO NOT SEND ME AN EMAIL AND EXPECT ME TO GET IT! ***

Get my phone number from Tbar220.
Bring back the Concorde

halls120

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:56 am

I'm flying into Oakland tomorrow on my way to the north State. I'll wave as I drive by!
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

tbar220

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:43 am

Hey guys, if you need Fly's phone number, send me an email and I will get it to you.
NO URLS in signature

ilikeyyc

Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:35 am

Well I , for one, am very excited about coming to SFO.

I have been talking about this with WindowSeat, but just so the rest of you know- I still won't be there for new year's eve, but I will now be arriving Sunday morning (not evening) and departing Tuesday morning via SFO. (not OAK).

Edit for Typo.

[Edited 2005-12-31 01:57:11]
Fighting Absurdity with Absurdity!

WindowSeat

Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:54 am

Quoting Ual747 (Reply 21):
I will be there Jan 4 - Jan 8. I've never met anyone from a.net and would love to get together and have drinks and discuss of course, AIRLINERS.

I'd be up for a couple of drinks. I could meet you guys one day after work or something. I work a block away from the W.

cheers

UAL747

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:56 am

Window, I'd gladly meet you for a drink at the XYZ bar in the W on the 4th around 1030PM or so.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

WindowSeat

Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:48 am

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 27):
Window, I'd gladly meet you for a drink at the XYZ bar in the W on the 4th around 1030PM or so.

Hey Phil,

Sorry, can't do the 4th. A friend of mine is coming back from Spain and I am picking him up at the airport. How about the 5th or 6th? I will be out of town that weekend.

cheers

UAL747

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:11 am

The 5th is cool.....my friend is coming in from ORD that night, but her flight doesn't come in until 1030PM PST and she's meeting me at the hotel.

Do you have AIM? PhilG380 is mine if you want to chat.

UAL

Superfly

Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:50 am

Hey folks!
I had a blast New Years Eve!
It was a pleasure meeting everyone that showed up and I had a great time the day after.
It seems like this gathering will continue throughout the week.
I am glad that An-225 made it in.

Glad to know of three new San Francisco members (JeffSFO, WindowSeat and Conficious).

Charlib52:
That was a pleasant suprise that you and your lady friend made it in. That was a huge risk taking her around a bunch of airplane nuts on New Years.  Silly

Ilikeyyc:
Look forward to hanging out again after work today.
Bring back the Concorde

WindowSeat

Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:59 am

Yes, good time indeed. Great to meet up with you all.

Steve - SOO good to see you again, now send me the damn pictures! We're so doing Vancouver in March. You are the best house guest I could ever ask for.

Andrew - It was such a pleasure meeting you! Freaky how the fortune cookies were so right...lol. Do let me know when you are coming here next  oh and thanks for the Grey Goose *runs and hides*

Superfly - you know your number is stored as Superfly. Good seeing you again. We're locals, more drinks, please!

JeffSFO - Great meeting you. Now will you take me to the Hiller museum too? How about sitting by the 10L threshold   

Garrett - good seeing you after such a long time. Let me know when you are back in town. Oh and don't you dare post that one pic with Natalie, you and I.

Ben - How many user names did you say you have? lol

All in all this weekend was so much fun. So I think we should do this again. Orbit room anyone?   

cheers

[Edited 2006-01-05 03:08:14]

ilikeyyc

Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:31 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 30):
Ilikeyyc:

I enjoied it! Sorry I crapped out. I couldn't keep my eyes open by the time you left. But I did get some sleep on the plane because I was in First class, again!

Quoting WindowSeat (Reply 31):
Andrew - It was such a pleasure meeting you! Freaky how the fortune cookies were so right...lol. Do let me know when you are coming here next oh and thanks for the Grey Goose *runs and hides*

Since those two were right about us, I hope that means Larry is going to get a promotion! I want to come up to YVR, and I'll probably get to SFO again in April. And for the last time, you are welcome.

With an exception for the street bums, SFO was great and I enjoid myself. I can't wait to come back!
Fighting Absurdity with Absurdity!

JeffSFO
Topic Author

Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:54 pm

Hey folks!
I had a blast New Years Eve!
It was a pleasure meeting everyone that showed up and I had a great time the day after.
It seems like this gathering will continue throughout the week.
I am glad that An-225 made it in.

Glad to know of three new San Francisco members (JeffSFO, WindowSeat and Conficious).

Charlib52:
That was a pleasant suprise that you and your lady friend made it in. That was a huge risk taking her around a bunch of airplane nuts on New Years. Silly

Ilikeyyc:

Well said Larry--it was great meeting everyone on New Year's Eve at the Orbit Room. Thanks to everyone who made the trip into town.

Larry, if I don't see you this Thursday, let's catch up for a beer soon.

Yes, good time indeed. Great to meet up with you all.

Steve - SOO good to see you again, now send me the damn pictures! We're so doing Vancouver in March. You are the best house guest I could ever ask for.

Andrew - It was such a pleasure meeting you! Freaky how the fortune cookies were so right...lol. Do let me know when you are coming here next oh and thanks for the Grey Goose *runs and hides*

Superfly - you know your number is stored as Superfly. Good seeing you again. We're locals, more drinks, please!

JeffSFO - Great meeting you. Now will you take me to the Hiller museum too? How about sitting by the 10L threshold

Garrett - good seeing you after such a long time. Let me know when you are back in town. Oh and don't you dare post that one pic with Natalie, you and I.

Ben - How many user names did you say you have? lol

All in all this weekend was so much fun. So I think we should do this again. Orbit room anyone?

Vik: Definitely, let's do some spotting down at the long-term parking lot just above the 10s. That's an incredible location you discovered! If we meet up on Thursday we can plan another trip down to SFO.

Quoting Ilikeyyc (Reply 32):
I enjoied it! Sorry I crapped out. I couldn't keep my eyes open by the time you left. But I did get some sleep on the plane because I was in First class, again!

Andrew: Glad to hear you made it home safe-and-sound. It was fun checking out the Hiller Museum with you and hearing about your experiences with Embry-Riddle and ASA. Sorry that I couldn't give you a ride to the airport on Wednesday morning but I was too wiped out, but at least you were rewarded with a first-class trip home. Well done!

--------

Steve: Wherever you are, pay your membership dues and tell us if you're alive!

-Jeff

Superfly

Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:54 am

Quoting JeffSFO (Reply 33):
Larry, if I don't see you this Thursday, let's catch up for a beer soon.

Hey you can't wiggle your way out of this. Big grin
We can't leave Windowseat alone with UAL747!  Silly

Just kidding! Big grin

If you can make it tonight, great. If not, I understand.
I'll have to bail out early this evening anyway.
Bring back the Concorde

JeffSFO
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:37 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 34):
Hey you can't wiggle your way out of this.
We can't leave Windowseat alone with UAL747!

Just kidding!

If you can make it tonight, great. If not, I understand.
I'll have to bail out early this evening anyway.

No problem, I'll see you guys tonight at 6:30.

Cheers,
Jeff

ScarletHarlot

Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:48 am

Quoting JeffSFO (Reply 33):
Steve: Wherever you are, pay your membership dues and tell us if you're alive!

He's alive, I talked to him yesterday.  Smile
But that was when I ruled the world

dl021

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:06 am

Happy New Year to all you guys. Vik, Larry, Stevie...sorry I could not make it but thanks for the phone call.

Looks like you guys had a great time, and I hope you can car pool or something down to Lost Wages in a couple months for the meet there.

Anyway, glad you all had a good time.

Ian
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

WindowSeat

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:35 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 37):
and I hope you can car pool or something down to Lost Wages in a couple months for the meet there.

I just might! I have a few vacation days to burn. Now where is the Vegas thread... Big grin

JeffSFO
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:54 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 36):
He's alive, I talked to him yesterday.

Thanks ScarletHarlot!

Steve, since you're alive, are you going to post the New Year's Eve pics?

charlib52

Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:42 am

Charlib52:
That was a pleasant suprise that you and your lady friend made it in. That was a huge risk taking her around a bunch of airplane nuts on New Years.

I don't know if I would call her a "lady"  Wink Big grin

Was a good time for us -- and nice to see some of you for the first time and great to have reunions with others!!!!

I reserve all rights..... Big grin You too -- when are you heading up to my area agin?? Gee, it's only 1 state away now  Smile

charlib52

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:40 am

Here's some photos from my new camera I purchased while in SF -- still learning it's functions so sorry for the image quality. Good enough for snapshots though!! Good times!

-GMW

UAL747

Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:20 am

Hey Windowseat, JeffSFO, and Superfly. Just wanted to let you know that I had a great time in SFO. Will be looking forward to our next meeting. Hope you all had a great time as well. Feel free to email or AIM to keep in touch.

UAL

maury

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:03 am

Hye, how cool...what a great way to throw good vibes at your ''recent difficulties," UAL747. You all look like you were having a blast.

I was at SFO Friday (1/6) night...bored off my a** at the land-side of the UAL domestic gates/T3, meeting a friend coming in from BRU/IAD...should have sent out an a.net SOS. It worked out OK...found someone to hang with in the swanky Int'l terminal.

Superfly

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:09 pm

Charlib52:
Great photos!  Cool

Great meating you!

My friend Steve (not an A.net member) liked your lady friend but took another woman home instead.
I had to babysit Steven(BCAinfoSys) and a few others.

Glad to know of 3 new A.net members to get drunk with, go spotting with and chase womwn with.  Cool
Bring back the Concorde

JeffSFO
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:41 am

Quoting Charlib52 (Reply 41):
Here's some photos from my new camera I purchased while in SF -- still learning it's functions so sorry for the image quality. Good enough for snapshots though!! Good times!

Thanks for posting the pics Garrett. I'm glad you could make it down for the gathering.

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 42):
Hey Windowseat, JeffSFO, and Superfly. Just wanted to let you know that I had a great time in SFO. Will be looking forward to our next meeting.

Hey Phil, it was good meeting you last week. Thanks for the drinks!

Quoting Superfly (Reply 44):
Glad to know of 3 new A.net members to get drunk with, go spotting with and chase womwn with.

Same here, Larry. Let's all get together for some spotting and boozing soon.

-Jeff