ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Blue Collar Comedy Tour

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:51 pm

Since my illustrious cable company serivce has shit the bed - yet again - I am forced to hte DVD cabinet . . . . I selected Christmasd Vacation 2

Just kidding . . . .

I have thrown Blue Collar Comedy Tour into the DVD.

I think it's better than BCCT 2 . . .

Especially the closing and Larry the Cable Guy:

The "Stupid Sign" never ceases to crack me up.

Larry the Cable Guy could be any of my Alabama relatives - y'all watch your asses down there . . . he's nutz . . .

Opinions?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

LOT767-300ER

RE: Blue Collar Comedy Tour

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:22 pm

I only know of Foxworthy...Hes funny...but I get a laugh out of the boots he wears more than his jokes.

Im just replying because I feel bad this topic has been posted 28 minutes ago and only received 2 views before mine.

Im trying to return the favor of making you feel good tonight, just as you have done to me.  Silly

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:26 pm

The only one that's funny to me is Ron White. I've liked him way before this Blue Collar stuff.

Foxworthy and Engvall have never made me laugh, not once.

Larry has his moments.

B

itsjustme

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:57 pm

Quoting NonRevKing (Reply 2):
The only one that's funny to me is Ron White. I've liked him way before this Blue Collar stuff.

Larry has his moments.

checkmark 

Couldn't agree more. I saw Bill Engvall at a comedy club in Irvine (CA) and came away thinking his material was tired and old (sorta like Bill, himself). Foxworthy and his "You know you're a redneck if..." routine is just as tired and Larry The Cable Guy and his "Get 'Er Done!" never seems to get it done for me.

ANC, if you haven't already, make sure you catch Ron White's "They Call Me Tater Salad" special. If you're a BCCT fan, you'll enjoy that show.

KROC

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:16 pm

Hopefully Santa brings ANCFlyer a better DVD collection for him to choose from.

ORFflyer

Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:25 pm

Ron White's the funnniest. He's doing two shows here in February. Currently both sold out, but I'm working on getting two tickets from a friend.

stuckinMAF

Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:56 pm

You guys need to hang out around where I live if you like that stuff. Half the people around here are just like those guys, they just need more dental work! The other half, well, let's just say they are part of the subject of this thread: US House Votes To Wall Up Mexico Border (by N506CR Dec 18 2005 in Non Aviation)
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

dl021

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:00 pm

Quoting NonRevKing (Reply 2):

plus the others who don't like him...
You guys have obviously never seen the guy (Foxworthy) in concert. Redneck jokes are no longer the main crux of his act. The dude does comedy you can take your kids to see, and is as funny as a 10 clown car pileup. He's been that way at least since he was the produce manager at the Krogers.

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 3):
ANC, if you haven't already, make sure you catch Ron White's "They Call Me Tater Salad" special. If you're a BCCT fan, you'll enjoy that show.

I'll go with that....saw the dude at the Fox Theater in ATL and he's a riot. A bit too blue for the little kids, though, so plan ahead.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

tristarenvy

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:23 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 7):
Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 3):

I'll go with that....saw the dude at the Fox Theater in ATL and he's a riot. A bit too blue for the little kids, though, so plan ahead.

Indeed. I thought he was frickin' hilarious on the first BCCT DVD. And also being from a small town in Texas, I loved his bit about getting the name "Tater Salad". A friend of mine saw him, and told me that what she saw and what I saw were totally different. She isn't one to blush at things, but she said he was pretty "blue".

Foxworthy has a show running on Comedy Central, that is great. I thought he just do "you might be..." jokes, but was happily surprised. Engvall reminds me of a "poo rman's Foxworthy" for some reason. Real hit or miss jokes. "Here's Your Sign" has it's moments. I don't like Larry The Cable Guy, unless he is singing Christmas Carols..."Blue Balls...Blue Balls....It's dollar night at the t*tty bar!"....
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

Tod

Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:27 am

Larry's DVD is way better than the TV show.

Buy that one and you'll be:

"happier than Jim Neighbors with a wheelbarrow full of buttholes"

Tod

LY744

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:28 am

I wasn't too crazy about Ron White, but Engvall, Foxworthy, and even Larry the Cable Guy were pretty damn funny IMO. Then again, I never really saw them in anything other than the 2 BCCTs, so I suppose the stuff could get boring after a while. Tried watching that TV show they have going once, wasn't too impressed.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:39 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 7):
You guys have obviously never seen the guy (Foxworthy) in concert. Redneck jokes are no longer the main crux of his act

I sure have. Both of them. Many times. Never made me laugh. Not once.

Quoting DL021 (Reply 7):
The dude does comedy you can take your kids to see

Therein lies the problem  Wink

Then again, so does Brian Regan, who, IMHO is 10 times funnier.

B

aa61hvy

Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:53 pm

I've seen parts of a couple of the guys on the tour, some of it was funny. But I thought overall it was rather annoying...I'll stick with Dane Cook and Eddie Murphy
Go big or go home

srbmod

Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:53 pm

Ron White is my favorite of the four.

"I wouldn't camp out for 3 days if I was camping!"

"Once you've seen one woman naked, you... wanna see the rest of 'em naked."

"I believe I'll have a scotch. Oh, wait, I've got one. Go ahead. Never mind. "

"I guess we'd been floating down that river for an hour befor I realizes everybody's just peeing on themselves. And I thought: "Hell, I'll just pee on myself." Everybody got mad at me. Course, I was in a canoe. Standing up too. Not everybody got mad. A couple people viewed it as a photo opportunity. And I know that cause I got their Christmas card last year. I don't remember it being that cold that afternoon."

But then there's the classic one:

I was sitting on a bean bag chair, naked, eating Cheetos the other day when Robert Tilton came on TV. He's a televangelist out of Dallas. He looked at me and said, "Are you lonely?" Yeah. "Have you spent half your life in bars pursuing sins of the flesh?" This guy's good! "Are you sitting in a bean bag chair naked eating Cheetos?"... Yes, sir! "Do you have the urge to get up and send me a thousand dollars?" Ha, ha close! I thought he was talking about me there for a second!

EMBQA

Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:21 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Thread starter):
I have thrown Blue Collar Comedy Tour into the DVD.

You know it was on Comedy Central tonight....??? There doing a show here in BNA in February at the Opry
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"