ly7e7

MTA Strike

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:00 pm

Anybody affected? Do you think it's justified?
2 things are endless: ignorance and space

dragon-wings

RE: MTA Strike

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:09 pm

Im glad I don't work or have to drive to New York City! Because of the strike they are saying you need at least 4 people in a car to drive in lower Manhattan between 5am and 11am. And you have to have at least 4 people in the car to use the Brooklyn-Battery tunnel, Manhattan bridge, Brooklyn bridge, Williamsburg bridge, Queens-Midtown tunnel, Queensboro bridge, Lincoln tunnel, and the Holland tunnel betwwen 5am and 11am.

The same HOV rules apply to vehicles traveling toward Manhattan on the Henry Hudson Parkway, the FDR Drive, the Bruckner Experessway, parts of the LIE, the Belt Parkway, the Gowanus Expressway, the BQE and the Prospect Expressway.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Mir

Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:52 pm

Theres a police checkpoint on Columbus and 96th (I can see it from my window), and I think that they're enforcing the four person per car rule south of there, but I'm not sure.

I don't have anywhere in particular to be today, so I don't think I'll be affected too much. As for whether it's justified, I don't really know.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

stuckinMAF

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:00 pm

Quoting Dragon-wings (Reply 1):
Im glad I don't work or have to drive to New York City!

Me too, I sure do like these wide-open spaces in West Texas! I really feel sorry for those that are crammed in NYC with no way to get around without having to go out and find 3 human beings to use for ballast!
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud