oly720man

Some People Really Deserve Shooting

Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:30 am

I was listening to this on the radio on the way home from work tonight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/4549600.stm

Four family members and a teenager have been jailed for life for killing a mother they had tortured for months.

The five, described as the "family from hell", were found guilty of murdering Rachel Hudson, 20, whose body was found near Newstead Abbey, Notts, in 2004.

Rachel had married the son of the family, but was never accepted by his parents. But to torture her every day until she died. Sick sick sick.

And this was after another sickening story that first made the news last year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/4546736.stm

A series of agencies failed to spot signs which might have prevented a couple leaving their five children to starve in squalor, a report has found.

David Askew and Sarah Whittaker, both 24, were jailed for seven years each in 2004 after admitting child cruelty.

Police found critically ill one-year-old twins, one "within hours of death", at their home in Sheffield.

The report by senior civil servant Prof Pat Cantrill said not one single agency had looked at the family as a whole.

Officers called to the family home found the twins and three other children - aged three, four and seven - living in squalid conditions in excrement-smeared bedrooms.

While the parents lived in luxury with all the latest electronic gizmos.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

APFPilot1985

RE: Some People Really Deserve Shooting

Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:32 am

Quoting Oly720man (Thread starter):
Four family members and a teenager have been jailed for life for killing a mother they had tortured for months.

The five, described as the "family from hell", were found guilty of murdering Rachel Hudson, 20, whose body was found near Newstead Abbey, Notts, in 2004.

Hey if they lived in Germany not only would they not be shot, they would be out of prison in 15 years.
Stand Up and Be Counted Visit Site Related to Voice your opinion

aa61hvy

Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:58 am

Pull that shit in Texas, you're dead in 5 mins....
Go big or go home

ANCFlyer

Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:03 am

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Reply 1):
Hey if they lived in Germany not only would they not be shot, they would be out of prison in 15 years.

I was going to say that, but refrained . . . glad someone else did.

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 2):

Yup, in Texas if you kill someone they kill you BACK! Wish to hell Alaska would do that . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

usnseallt82

Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:04 am

checkmark  yes 
Crye me a river

Sabena332

Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:11 am

Complete and utter bullshit my friend!!!!!! He would not be out of prison after 15 years, he would be out after only 5 years or so!

Sad, isn't it?

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

stuckinMAF

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:47 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):
Yup, in Texas if you kill someone they kill you BACK! Wish to hell Alaska would do that . . .

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

Jalto27R

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:53 am

Quoting Oly720man (Thread starter):

A series of agencies failed to spot signs which might have prevented a couple leaving their five children to starve in squalor, a report has found.

David Askew and Sarah Whittaker, both 24, were jailed for seven years each in 2004 after admitting child cruelty.

Police found critically ill one-year-old twins, one "within hours of death", at their home in Sheffield.

The report by senior civil servant Prof Pat Cantrill said not one single agency had looked at the family as a whole.

Officers called to the family home found the twins and three other children - aged three, four and seven - living in squalid conditions in excrement-smeared bedrooms.

We had a case like that in my area, in Collingswood, New Jersey, a couple years ago. It was a family of five, and in a family picture the 18 year old son looked about 7 or 8. The only reason they were caught was because the neighbors saw the son digging through the trash can one night, desperate for food. At first they claimed the kids had eating problems, but they later confessed. Sick, sick individuals.

Mike

BartiniMan

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:11 pm

There's a lot of sick f*cks in the world.

BartiniMan

P.S. Australia's judicial system is a joke too.

tbar220

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:21 pm

Wouldn't killing them just give them the easy way out? Why not make them suffer in prison for the rest of their natural lives? They tortured and made other people suffer, why not give them a solitary cell with NOTHING for 25 years. A bed, a toilet, a shower everyday, enough food and water, and NOTHING else. Make them sit in their little cell thinking about the shit they did for the rest of their life.

I'm usually not one to advocate this type of punishment... but then again I don't approve of the death penalty.
NO URLS in signature

We're Nuts

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:27 pm

One of my favorite state slogans, courtesy of The Daily Show: Texas - Come for the Alamo, Stay Because You've Been Wrongfully Executed.
Dear moderators: No.

IAH777

Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:32 pm

In Houston, we've discovered a new spectator sport: watching Katrina evacuees shoot eachother. Its amazing. Almost every flippin' night, you hear of another Katrina-related murder on the news.

cfalk

Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:35 pm

Since "life" in Germany is only 15 years, I suppose 15 years is more like 3 years in Germany.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Pyrex

Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:53 pm

Yup... In Texas if you accidentaly run over a dude crossing a highway where we shouldn't be you get 80 years, so I imagine that to be true.

Quoting Tbar220 (Reply 9):
a shower everyday

Now THAT is real torture for a british dude! Big grin
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

ltbewr

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:51 pm

Anybody anywhere who does the above described acts cannot be menatlly well. I would seriously suspect heavy drug and alcohol use in some of these cases. That is why we cannot and should not use the death penalty against them. I do believe in long lonely jail time for such people.
These stories show the limits of all governments to prevent such situations from happening. Far to many people are afraid of saying anything due to making a mistake, or retalitaion from that neighbor doing the harmful acts, or making a situation worse. Sometimes, the field people are afraid or limited by law as to what they can do. Those that do these acts also are very good at lying, acting and covering up their criminal beheavors. Perhaps programs in our schools and communities to help people recognize such potential dangerous situations and how to report them without fears would be part of the answer. Also the social services agencies need enough money to do their job, be properly staffed, make enough unnaounced visits and other procedural changes to limit those who lie to them.

stuckinMAF

Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:01 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 15):
I would seriously suspect heavy drug and alcohol use in some of these cases. That is why we cannot and should not use the death penalty against them.

No offense intended, but that's bullshit LTBEWR. Drug and/or alcohol consumption is not an accidental thing, everyone knows the consequences before they use mind-altering substances. Therefore they are still completely accountable and bear the responsibility for their actions pre- or post- usage.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

IAH777

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:09 am

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 16):
No offense intended, but that's bullshit LTBEWR. Drug and/or alcohol consumption is not an accidental thing, everyone knows the consequences before they use mind-altering substances. Therefore they are still completely accountable and bear the responsibility for their actions pre- or post- usage.

What he said.

Programs in schools are a waste of time. DARE is the biggest toilet in which money has ever been flushed. Think I'm lying? I've pulled Xanax off pre-teens. School programs can't hold a candle to peer pressure and music videos.

Thorben

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:39 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 5):
Complete and utter bullshit my friend!!!!!! He would not be out of prison after 15 years, he would be out after only 5 years or so!

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/artikel/74/65009/
France 1789; Eastern Germany 1989; Tunisia 2011; Egypt 2011