9VSPO
Topic Author

Are You A Tidy Person?

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:53 am

Are you one of those people that like your house tidy all the time or are you a 'couldn't give a sh*t! sort of person where you have 3 week old dishes in the sink?

cosec59

RE: Are You A Tidy Person?

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:56 am

Quoting 9VSPO (Thread starter):
'couldn't give a sh*t! sort of person where you have 3 week old dishes in the sink?

That's me
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

AsstChiefMark

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:56 am

3 week old dishes in the sink

I'm a bit pathetic at times. My 3 week old dishes in the sink are paper plates.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

NKP S2

Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:01 am

Generally, yes. I'm pretty lax about dusting, mopping floors, vacuuming and whatnot, but I can't stand clutter and shit laying around and I hate slobs. If someone pulls something out, it better be put back when they're done, or thrown away. If you spill something; clean it up...NOW. With a dishwasher, there's no need to have dirty plates stacking up.

Some of my friends whose wives always pick up after them are the biggest slobs I've ever met. It's a miracle they don't get stabbed in their sleep. I feel like a real cad if I don't pitch in. Maybe it's upbringing...I don't know.

[Edited 2005-12-22 22:02:23]

KLMA330

Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:58 am

I am so tidy, it's freaky. Everything has its place, and when I clean, I like to be able to see myself in my floors! I don't care if people think that's too much, it's what works for me ..  Smile

iflyatldl

Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:20 am

I guess you could say I'm a neat freak. I can't stand a un-made bed, clothes on the floor, dirty bathroom or bathtub and I hate dishes in the sink! I won't even get into how my CD's, DVD's and clothes are arranged.  Wink
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

Soku39

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:06 am

I used to think I was mess, then I went to collge. When we were cleaning up, some kids on my floor had pizza boxes from the first week of school. Some rooms, we're revloting. So while not a neat freak. I guess I'm tiddy enough.  Smile
The Ohio Player

stuckinMAF

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:19 am

a 'couldn't give a sh*t! sort of person

How did you know? My wife has kinda whipped me into shape but my "work room" is horrible! I clean it up once every 3 years or so. Before I got married, it was not at all unusual for my mother to come visit and clean a milk jug out of the refrigerator that was one year or more out of date!
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

Curtisman

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:33 am

Yes - I am a neat freak.

Everything has a place and everything needs to be in it's place.

But every now and then people tell me to relax a little and just live. So I do - for about 10 minutes.

If I have items on my desk at work, they are positioned properly on the desk. For example if I lay down my cell phone, it is straight and neat. Not just tossed.

Even in my car, if you use the passenger sunglasses then when you are done, put them back in their case and return them to the sunglass holder in the passenger door.

Okay - I'm not a freak - but I do like order.

Cheers!
Len
 Smile
Citizen of the World

lesmainwaring

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:44 am

i go through phases, depending on what deadlines i am on with work ... lately its been busy ... and horribly messy ...

a few years ago i had someone come and clean once a week, but i hated that; i actually cleaned before she arrived so she wouldn't think i was a pig

Big grin
I want something under my wheels thats plenty long and mighty dry --- Vern Demarest

Mexicana757

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:00 am

I'm tidy person. I can't stand a mess.

iflyatldl

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:11 am

Curtis- I've never heard of anyone having passenger glasses(extra to offer), just the holder. Pretty cool concept, I must admit! God knows, I've got at least three or four pair to fit the bill. I just keep an extra pair in my backpack when I'm traveling- in case I mis-place or leave a pair behind...which I've done many a time! Big grin
Paul
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

Curtisman

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:18 am

Quoting Iflyatldl (Reply 11):
I've never heard of anyone having passenger glasses(extra to offer), just the holder.

Yes - the door has a side pocket that opens and there is a sunglass holder in the pocket. In that holder is a pair of sunglasses for the passenger. I keep them there because we need sunglasses year round up here. I just like to make everyone comfortable so I do what I can to accommodate.

In the trunk of my car, I carry a few things like a safety kit, blanket, frisbee etc. But I also carry a spare pair of jeans, a shirt and a sweater in case someone comes hiking or whatever and they don't have a change of clothes. Of course everything is placed neatly in their little holders in the trunk.

Cheers!
Len
Citizen of the World

PSA53

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:21 am

As Felix,I would have put Oscar in the funny
farm of the odd couple.I've rented out my room
and explained all the rules first, and make the
tenets sign a contract, which says to clean
after yourself.And I have evicted a couple
of them. I just don't rent out anymore as it's
a headache.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

ANCFlyer

Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:55 am

One thing out of place and I'm losin' my mind.

I have a place for everything, in a particular order, and it stays in that place - or gets returned to that place.

Yes, I'm a bit odd about things like labels in my cabinets facing forward, things in my closet hanging with the opening to the left (and in order, Dress Shirts, Casual Dress Shirt (long sleeve), Casual Dress Shirt (short sleeve) - you get the idea.

Same with my camper and my truck . . .

I don't lose things . . . because I and disciplined enough to put them back where they belong.

If I'm home, the dishwasher is run daily . . . and emptied as well. The kitchen is cleaned daily. The carpets get vacuumed at least 3-4 times a week. Magazines on the coffee table are in neat rows . . .

I hate it when people don't put things back . . . . my g/f is the worst . . . she's trainable though.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

jap

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:28 pm

Heck no!  rotfl  I never clean my room (to the point where I can't even sleep in there), I forget to clean up after myself (unless I'm visiting someone or I have people over) and I am so terribly unorganized it's not even funny!

I think I could easily compete in the "world's messiest person" competition if there were any...
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

vaporlock

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:33 pm

Are you one of those people that like your house tidy all the time

Yes, I am one of those people who like things "tidy". Everything has its' place and it drives me nuts if others don't put things back after they use them.

Dishes....my kitchen and bathrooms are spotless.....never a dirty dish in the sink.

Phyllis  bouncy 

RobertNL070

Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:44 pm

There is a certain order in our chaos, but everything is more or less spotlessly clean.

Regards, Robert  bouncy 
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

lordanmol

Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:46 pm

Thats me!!!

Regards
Hmmmmm....

kiwiandrew

Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:53 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 2):
I'm a bit pathetic at times. My 3 week old dishes in the sink are paper plates.

I hope you remember to take them out when you go for a piss in the sink  Wink

kiwiandrew

Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:56 pm

I drive my partner nuts - we are Felix and Oscar . I remember a great line from the late great Quentin Crisp

There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.

that would be me , if my other half would let me .

KROC

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:38 pm

I'm a tidy person, my fiance isn't. Makes for some tough clashes trust me. ANCFlyer and I had a great conversation about all this with my fiance up in ANC last summer. ANCFlyer having a military background like I do, we share a lot of the same views on neatness, order, and cleanliness. With me and him teaming up on Brenna about her lack of "tidyness" to put it nicely was a classic moment.

ANCFlyer

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 21):
With me and him teaming up on Brenna about her lack of "tidyness" to put it nicely was a classic moment.

Next time you're up you gotta help me with my g/f . . . I'd bet she's worse than Brenna . . . loses shit all the time . . . why??? Because she never puts it in the same place!  irked 

Hi to Brenna by the way.  biggrin 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

MYT332

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:43 pm

I like to keep it nice, tidy and trimmed.

Signed
N1120A
One Life, Live it.

kiwiandrew

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:44 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 21):
I'm a tidy person, my fiance isn't. Makes for some tough clashes trust me. ANCFlyer and I had a great conversation about all this with my fiance up in ANC last summer. ANCFlyer having a military background like I do, we share a lot of the same views on neatness, order, and cleanliness. With me and him teaming up on Brenna about her lack of "tidyness" to put it nicely was a classic moment.

not trying to say anything about your sexuality here KROC , but , in most English speaking countries isn't a 'fiancé' male while a woman is a 'fiancée' ?

I was under the impression that it was one of the last vestiges of noun gender left over from the francophone influence of Norman Conquest on English

BNE

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:01 pm

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 24):
not trying to say anything about your sexuality here KROC , but , in most English speaking countries isn't a 'fiancé' male while a woman is a 'fiancée' ?

I always thought it was fiance for either sex.

Generally tidy but will have a phase of messiness; then I will lose something spend ages looking for it and then everything will be tidy again for a few months. The messy stage would probably only last a week or so.
Why fly non stop when you can connect

KROC

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:01 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 22):
Next time you're up you gotta help me with my g/f . . . I'd bet she's worse than Brenna . . . loses shit all the time . . . why??? Because she never puts it in the same place!

Yeah, but does your girl crash her car with no insurance?!

And I know all too well about her losing shit because she doesn't put it back in the same spot. Especially since half of the shit she loses is mine! She is no longer allowed within 3 feet of my desk at home.

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 24):

I've never seen the latter and I have no idea how to at the little deal over the "e". if I do a spell check in Microsoft Outlook it gives me "fiance" with the dash over the E. Besides, I'm secure in my sexuality so I could care less.

[Edited 2005-12-23 13:02:13]

kiwiandrew

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:04 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 26):
I've never seen the latter and I have no idea how to at the little deal over the "e". if I do a spell check in Microsoft Outlook it gives me "fiance" with the dash over the E.

cool , as I said , I didn't mean anything by it ... I am just fascinated by the evolution of the English language and it is always interesting seeing all the different variations of world English as used in different countries like the
theatre/theater or harbour/harbor variations , I just wondered if this fell into the same sort of category

ANCFlyer

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:07 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 26):
Yeah, but does your girl crash her car with no insurance?!

Wow!

No, but she bought a new 4Runner in November and had to replace the right rear window 6 days later . . . . damn sand truck . . . should call it a boulder truck.  irked 

Quoting KROC (Reply 26):
She is no longer allowed within 3 feet of my desk at home.

Ever since Sandi dropped a glass of water in my last laptop she avoids my desk like the plague!  thumbsup  It was a very expensive lesson.

ClassicLover

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:55 pm

Yep, I like it tidy... I get antsy when things are messy. I'm not a nazi about it though. I inherited tidy from my mother I think, but she's a freak about it.

Trent.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

texan

Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:21 pm

a 'couldn't give a sh*t! sort of person where you have 3 week old dishes in the sink

I'm sure my dishes were clean at some point...

My place stays really messy for the majority of the time, until I go into hyper cleaning mode. At that point, every single object in the apartment is cleaned, put away, the furniture rearranged, loose papers organized, every possible thing is in a specific spot and I will flip out if someone removes it. But that only happens about three times per year.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

HAWK21M

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:25 am

Tidy at Work .Mostly Untidy at home  biggrin 
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

VSlover

Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:52 am

yes and no.

my office is a total disaster. it looks like the nutty professor works here however you ask me for a single piece of paper and i can producs it in a few seconds...i just know where everything is, despite the look of total disaster in here.

at home, everything has its place and once taken out--it must be put away when i am finished with it. i need things to remain clean, wiped down and vacuumed but i can let it go for about a week, which is how often the cleaning lady comes in. and even a week is pushing it for me. as for dishes, well they are washed as soon as they are used--generally i even wash those pots and pans i used BEFORE i sit to eat.

with other roomates though, i've been able to be flexible TO A POINT.