dtwclipper

No More Time For Donuts, D'oh

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:05 pm

Michael Vale, the actor best known for his portrayal of a sleepy-eyed Dunkin' Donuts baker who said "Time to make the doughnuts," has died. He was 83.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/27/vale.donuts.ap/index.html
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

lesmainwaring

RE: No More Time For Donuts, D'oh

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:30 pm

who can forget him, in the kitchen, hands in the dough, making all those pastries?

vale rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with many turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, even as a crusty old man, he was still considered a roll model for millions.

Toward the end it was thought he'd raise once again, but he was no tart.

i understand he died of a severe yeast infection, and will be buried ina slightly greased coffin. no doubt, the graveside will be piled high with flours.

the lester mainwaring party
I want something under my wheels thats plenty long and mighty dry --- Vern Demarest

BR715-A1-30

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:29 am

Quoting LesMainwaring (Reply 1):
who can forget him, in the kitchen, hands in the dough, making all those pastries?

vale rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with many turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, even as a crusty old man, he was still considered a roll model for millions.

Toward the end it was thought he'd raise once again, but he was no tart.

i understand he died of a severe yeast infection, and will be buried ina slightly greased coffin. no doubt, the graveside will be piled high with flours.

LMFAO!!! Rest in Yeast Vale.
Puhdiddle

L-188

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:20 am

RIP.

He was a cultural icon.....just like the lady that asked "Where's the beef?"
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

lesmainwaring

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:24 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):
just like the lady that asked "Where's the beef?"

she was great ...

"Clara Peller (August 4, 1902 – August 11, 1987), was an American who, as a senior citizen, starred in the legendary "Where's the beef?" advertisement for Wendy's fast-food restaurant chain.

Clara's "Where's the beef" line became an instant catch-phrase, with even presidential candidate Walter Mondale using it." --- from Wikipedia
I want something under my wheels thats plenty long and mighty dry --- Vern Demarest