casinterest

Hello Zeta!

Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:50 am

ZETA
Wow
What a year for the tropics.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

MattRB

RE: Hello Zeta!

Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:10 am

Courtesy of NOAA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/MattRB/OSEIiod.jpg
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

Airlinerfreak

Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:01 am

Now for all of you that are going to ask if Global Warming could affect this here is your answer.

Global Warming is projected to alter the global hydrological cycle. A warmer atmosphere will increase global rates of evaporation, shift precipitation patterns, and disrupt water supplies in unpredictable ways, Some areas will get more precipitation and some less. River flows will change. Monsoons and hurricanes are likely to intensify, and the average sea level will rise from thermal expansion of the oceans and partial melting of ice caps and mountain glaciers. The basic problem is that scientists cannot predict precisely when, where, and to what degree such changes will occur.

FriendlySkies

Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:10 am

So what to do they do when they run out of greek letters?

fly_yhm

Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:22 am

Quoting FriendlySkies (Reply 3):
So what to do they do when they run out of greek letters?

I not sure what happens after the letters run out however that won't happen as 2005 is just about over. However I guess if another one forms in Jaunary the list will start at a but that means if its a busy season in 2006 like this year(which it should be) then it increases the odds in 2006 for the greek letters to run out.

Anyway I track these storms in the summer and I must say this is kinda neat however also scary.
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!