UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Welcome To Sunny South California! *rhaant*

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:14 am

So it's been two days now than we have landed in SoCal and it has been raining almost all the time !

Rhaaaaaaaaa if i wished to see such foolish weather I would have stayed at home and not flow 5647 miles !

Now what do we do to entertain ouselves ?

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

mdsh00

RE: Welcome To Sunny South California! *rhaant*

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:23 am

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Thread starter):
So it's been two days now than we have landed in SoCal and it has been raining almost all the time !

Rhaaaaaaaaa if i wished to see such foolish weather I would have stayed at home and not flow 5647 miles !

Well you did come in the winter! But last week was beautiful. Your loss!!  Wink
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

Matt D

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:25 am

LOL!!!! I am sitting here in beautiful and wet Orange County. It was actually coming down pretty hard for awhile earlier. It is New Years, and it's raining. There is going to be a lot of drinking and drunk drivers out there-not to mention lots of checkpoints and eager cops just itching to pinch you with DUI. And don't forget that SoCal drivers are among the worst in the world-and that's when it's dry and sunny the other 360 days a year!

I'll pass. I'll sit here, chug some beers, maybe some cold duck, some fried chicken, and listen to the reel to reel all night-just as I have been all day (besides setting up and running the train set).

Bummer that you were luckless to come out here on one of the about 3 days a rain per year we get.

Where are you at? Maybe I can give you some suggestions.

AirCop

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:21 am

It's sunny over in Palm Springs today.

Matt D

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:45 am

Well it's usually sunny out in the Low Desert-except during late summer, when the Monsoons are an almost daily occurence.

Anyway, today is a little better than yesterday. no rain. But it is cold (by LA standards), and mostly overcast, although the sun does try and peek out a little bit every so often.

This, coming from Placentia (about 15 miles NW of SNA). But all the news reports are saying that we are going to get pummelled with rain tomorrow.

MidnightMike

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:49 am

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Thread starter):

Send me an email, I will show you around the Alteon Training Center on Monday, 02-January. We have the MD11 & 717 full flight simulators.......

mpenguin1@yahoo.com
NO URLS in signature

Gilligan

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:53 am

OK, everybody now......"It never rains in Califonia but girl let me warn ya.....
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!