September11
Topic Author

Just For Fun: Post A Paragraph About Yourself Here

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:27 am

My name is Kyle. I am 30 years old male. My birthday is April 7. I am 5'7" feet tall. I weigh 150 pounds. I have black hair and brown eyes. I am single. I do not have a girlfriend. I was born near Cincinnati, Ohio. I live in Circleville, Ohio. I have one older half brother and one older half sister. I am a full-time public employee. My favorite color is green. My favorite hobby is bowling. My favorite food is pizza.
Airliners.net of the Future

airxliban

RE: Just For Fun: Post A Paragraph About Yourself Here

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:38 am

Quoting September11 (Thread starter):

And your A.net username is something else!

Happy New Year.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

jamesbuk

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:49 am

jeez is it me or are the peeeds going to be flooding on to here if all us under 16's post lol
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

trekster

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:17 am

k then, here goes

My name is Daniel, im 25 this year. Birthday is 10th June. Im about 6ft 3". Dont wanna know how much I weigh. Have brown hair green eyes. Single, though have a date with a nice irish man next week Smile I was born in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Now live in Manchester, about 2 miles from the centre. I have one annoying younger sister who has given me the love of my life, my nephew, sweet little kid. I work full time for a airline in customer serivce in a call centre. Fav colour is Blue, and love indian/chinese food
Where does the time go???

QFA380

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:09 am

My name is Ben. I'm 13, my birthday's on the 5th of October. I'm 5'5" tall and weigh 48kg. I was born in SYD now live in CFS. I have a little brother, three half siblings. My favourite colour is blue, favourite food is roast pork.

9VSPO

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:17 am

Quoting September11 (Thread starter):
I am single. I do not have a girlfriend

Why am I not surprised?  Big grin

pilot kaz

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:18 am

ok....

Me is called Kaz (well Karis), im 18 From Hemel Hempstead (Hertfordshire) which is around 20 miles north of the city of London. Currently I'm an unemployed Bum looking for a Job in the aviation Industry. I still live at home with the Mother but im looking to Move out this year. I play Guitar and love a band Called Muse, Another major music interest is Trance, clubbing stuff. I like to get drunk and make a fool of myself often and I travel Europe. 1 Big Bro he has 2 kids... I am single seeking a nice Boyfriend which wont happen lol. Color blue, Food, Chicken...

Anything else you want to know?  Smile
-

cosec59

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:24 am

I'm 46. I smoke too much.Drink too much,drive too fast and am getting to be a grumpy old man  Big grin
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

scott0305

Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:57 am

This feels like writing an ad for a lonely hearts column...um...what I assume that would feel like.

I'm called Scott, I'm 26 years old and I work in marketing for T-Mobile. I am originally a northerner but now live in Luton for my sins. In May I am getting married to my American girlfriend in Washington DC which should be fun and then honeymooning in St. Lucia which should also be fun ;o) Once I have paid off all my debt I will get around to learning to fly.

trav110

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:08 am

I'm Ryan. I'm 17, and my birthday was on the 15th of December. I live near Athens, Georgia but I was born in Saskatchewan. I was pretty slack with my studies last semester, and I definetly need to pick up this next time around. I've found someone to be with who amazes me every time we talk, and the best part is, he's straight acting too. I can't stand those who reinforce the stereotype, because they do just as much harm as they do good. Family life hasn't been the greatest, but I'm starting to realize it's not my problem to deal with and before long I won't have to. I drive a bit too fast, and shoot my mouth off a bit too much, but here I am acknowledging it, which is more than most people my age can say. Overall i'm probably an alright kid who definitely has a bright future ahead of him.

Smile

Ryan

Cadet57

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:23 am

My name is Justin. Im 18 and my b-day is Aug 22nd. Im 5'10 about 240. Im a senior in High School and i will be persuing a degree to become a mortician. I am into aviation(well duh) cars, computers, girls(though their not into me), acting(just finished with the Crucible, OMG WHAT A RUSH!). I am currently a Cadet Major and a commander in my schools Junior ROTC program. I work in a cemetary and a grocery store, and hopefully by the summer a ramper with WN (please, please, please, oh please)

Cheers
Justin
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

ABfemme

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:34 am

I know ....when I'm sobar/sober ? and can think straight I'll reply to this one !!

Claire .....hic !!

drunk 
Women do not have hot flushes, they have power surges

CXA330300

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:40 am

Hi. I'm Jonathan. My age and surname do not matter. I have brown hair, green eyes, palish skin, and am about 6'1''. I'm bisexual, speak English and Afrikaans fluently, French semi fluently, and study Chinese. I am a high school student and work as a babysitter and tutor. I have a younger sister. I am interested in aviation, geography, reading, sleep, cooking, Chinese, swimming, and I am an expert at acting like a complete arsehole.
AC/AA/UA/DL/B6/WN/US*/CO*/FI/BA/IB/AF/SK/LX/Sabena*/TK/LY/SA/MN/SW/AM/CE*/CX/CA/MU/JL/SQ/TG/MH/KA/5J

Matt27

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:42 am

My name is Mattias, and I was born on July 27th 1983 and that makes me 22 years old. I live in Halmstad, Sweden (2 hrs north of Copenhagen). I'm gonna start med. school later this month, and I'm really looking forward to that  Smile I have a boyfriend (Viktor) and we've been a couple for 1 year and three months.
Man ska inte dricka rödvin i en vit hall.

Nordair

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:53 am

Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.
"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

AOMlover

RE: Just For Fun: Post A Paragraph About Yourself

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:07 am

Well my name is Clément and I'm a 20 years old male. I was born on September 8th 1985 in Toulon, France. I'm 1,88m tall, and I weigh 79 kilos. I've got hazelnut hair and eyes. I'm also single. color=blue, food=anything cooked by my mother (how cuuuute). I've got 1 sister and 2 brothers + 1 dog (and what a dog, MY dog).
Currently I am a first year student at EDHEC Business School in Nice, France. I live in Nice during the week and I come back to Toulon every week end. I'll be moving to Toronto for 3 months in May for an academic exchange. I love planes, trains, and anything related to French Polynesia (a place where I've spent the two best years of my life so far). I hate clubs, alcohol, and the smell of cigarette. Well you guessed it, I'm a complete social misfit.

[Edited 2006-01-02 01:10:29]

stlgph

RE: Just For Fun: Post A Paragraph About Yourself

Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:01 am

- five feet ten inches and weighs in (January 1, 2006) at 144 pounds.

- favorite singer is Stevie Nicks. attended 95 concerts between her solo & Fleetwood Mac tours in 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005.

- refuses to go to Weddings of any one who is not immediate/1st leg family

- believes clothes should be worn where at least three colors are matched together at one time.

- favorite color is green. favorite number is 4. favorite movie is Caddyshack.

- favorite food is seafood

- likes extremely rare red meat

- favorite stage role performed to date has been 'Mary Sunshine' in the musical, "Chicago"

- hates side profile

- prefers to sleep on right side

- maintains a hate for Billy Joel because "he mentions everyone except me in that song" and for John Lithgow because "he told Kevin Bacon he can't dance"
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

jafa39

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:07 pm

Andy, Capricorn, 45 in a few days, 6'2" stubborn as f**ck, love fishing, hate political correctness, gave up smoking a while back and like tequila, i would like to rule the world as too many politicians and middle managers are full of shit.

I would start a "Ministry of Fair Play" and make being an arse and a chav illegal, i would reintroduce public floggings for drug-dealing and military service for 18-30 yr olds, although I would not send my troops to fight wars, they would go and clear landmines and Tsunami debris and sink every whaling ship on the planet.

I would put half my military budget into Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd and lean very heavily on any country logging rainforest.

I would make Macdee's KFC and other peddlers of shite clean up their act and re-introduce free school dinners.

My Kids like me, Mrs Jafa tolerates me and my Board of Trustees have learnt to trust me.

I eat everything except brussells sprouts and have no tattoos or piercings.

Jafa39

[Edited 2006-01-02 04:08:00]
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

aa61hvy

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:42 pm

I'll give this a whirl.

I'm Ryan, I'm 21. I live in Plano, TX. I'm a senior at the University of Dayton, studying child psychology. I'm 6'3'' 265lbs. I enjoy playing video games, and I work out like its my job. I plan to either come back to DFW after graduation or go to So Cal or Florida, depending on the job situation. I have a girlfriend of over a year and a half. I enjoy traveling. I've been to England, China, Japan, Thailand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman, Haiti, Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Puerto Rico, and many other countries. I plan to go back to China this summer as well as Turkey and the UAE. I like Chinese, Italian and Mexican food. I dislike politics. I love watching American Football (go Cowboys).
I like beer and expensive Whiskey (Crown). I wish I knew how to dance well.
Go big or go home

Evan767

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:56 pm

My name is Evan. I am 14 years old. I am from Richmond Va, but was born in Newport Beach, Ca (which I really miss, cus I hate Va). I am a middle school student in 8th grade. I am a caddie at a private golf course and make good money for a kid my age. I travel a lot on Delta. I want to be a pilot when I grow up, and if I can't do that I will make some money, get my private pilot's license and buy a cheap cessna. So that is my life.
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

TNboy

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:59 pm

I'm Bill and I'm a Pisces. I've been reliably told that I am living my life backwards, because I must have started out as a very old person, and just keep getting younger. Works for me. Love karate, and have done well in state titles...several silver medals, but working on a gold. Married, live at home with the wife, a Labrador dog who thinks he is my son and heir, and 2 cats. Travelled a lot, and love almost everywhere I have been, and most of the people I have met - although some more than others. Enjoy a.net because it gives me great exercise shaking my head and rolling my eyes. I like to keep fit, and also like chocolate and ice cream. The latter sometimes gets ahead of the former, and that is when karate steps in as the great equaliser. I have short hair and not too much of it, which probably comes from the bleach and perm years. Be warned, young people! No piercings, no tatts. Great sense of humour, bad temper, but basically cute as all get out.  Wink
Cheers
Bill
"...every aircraft is subtly different.."

Boeing744

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:04 pm

My name is Greg, I am 14, and my birthday is June 11th. I have two sisters and a brother (all younger than me) and a cat. I am born and raised in Victoria BC, and go to Claremont High. I am going to Cuba in March for a school band trip, and am really looking forward to that! When I am older, I want to be either a commercial pilot or get into politics (I really like politics). I play baseball and golf. I also ski (snow and water) and really enjoy that. I have been snow skiing for about 9 years, and water skiing for 5. I went to Europe this summer and it was the best trip of my life. I want to go back as soon as possible, and maybe live there later in life. That is all I can think of right now...

airxliban

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:13 pm

My paragraph:

I'm 21, my dad is Lebanese, my mother is Lebanese Armenian, my parents moved to Athens with their company when the war broke out in Lebanon in 1975 and when I was born they were there. My dad retired and we went back to Lebanon in 1988, then he did consulting work and we moved to Nicosia Cyprus, London and Istanbul and finally came to Los Angeles in 1998.

I finished high school in Los Angeles, went to USC and got a degree in Industrial & Systems Engineering and now I'm studying for an MSc in Financial Economics at the University of Oxford.

I obviously like planes, I like learning languages and reading biographies. I am an avid pianist. My favourite piece to play is the third movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

I am looking for a job in fixed income at a bank. My long term goal is entrepreneurship.

Up until a few days ago, my pride and joy was a beautiful 2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS VR6...dark green paint, 5-speed manual transmission, 12 degree V6, tinted windows, black leather and the works - it was superb.

I think Los Angeles is the pits and I hate American Football with a deep, intense, even sick passion.

I am planning on spending a year in Lebanon 2006-2007.

I don't fly on 747-400s with CF6s or PW4056s. I have been on BA, CX and QF 744s and need to get on board one of NZ's RB211 744s and one of SA's as well...then I will have completed my RB211 747-400 tour of the world.

Wow...that was more than a paragraph!
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

texan

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:25 pm

My name's Patrick and I'm in Dallas, TX. Be twenty-four in two weeks, work at Dallas Love Field for a corporate aviation firm. Planning on attending law school at some point in the next few years. It is fun to make people smile. Very active in politics and had an exploratory bid for US Congress. Speak some French, a little less German, and I can order beer and ask where the bathroom is in Spanish. I read voraciously on a wide range of subjects, from the airline industry to the Crusades, from pirates to the Moorish conquest of Spain, from the World Wars to economic theory. Music is very central to life and if music is not playing then I'm usually either singing off key or tapping along to a beat. I like photography and long walks at sunset on the beach. Cycle, kayak, rock climb, and play basketball. I'm the guy at parties who feels really uncomfortable and looks for an excuse to leave.

Go Cowboys, Go Stars, Go Rangers, and Go AC Milan!

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

planesarecool

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:32 pm

Well folks, my name is Stephen (pronounced Steven not Stefan), i'm 16 years of age currently. I live in West Sussex, UK in a reasonably big house, with a big garden, a sand school, stables and a 2 acre field. I go to college and study Travel & Tourism, Economics, Maths and Further Maths. I'm 6ft 1 and of reasonable build. I have reasonably long brownish hair that i did have dyed but have since re-dyed. I like to go to the USA and my favourite place is San Diego. I live with my parents and sister, because i'm too stingey to pay bills. I have a girlfriend, and she is very nice. I am not a chav, but they are fun to take the piss outta.

My place of birth was Edgeware in Hertfordshire, and i grew up in Borehamwood, right next to the eastenders set and the Big Brother house. I like to watch eastenders and big brother on TV, among other things, such as Little Britain and "The worst week of my life."

My favourite FOOTBALL (Rest of the world minus America version - i refuse to call it soccer  Wink) team is Arsenal. I also follow MLB and my favourite team is San Diego Padres, who i saw twice last summer, against the Diamondbacks and the Cards.

In my free time i like to go out with mates and go to amusement parks. My favourite park is Six Flags Magic Mountain, and my favourite ride is of course "X." I am somewhat addicted to chocolate at the moment, which is worrying. I don't get enough sleep (its 4:30am at the moment, speaks for itself), i don't smoke (ewww!) and i don't drink excessively.

My ambition in life is to become a commercial pilot, hopefully for Virgin Atlantic (long haul flights means free holidays between jobs Big grin). I plan to venture to the USA next summer and get my PPL, but whether that will happen is a different matter. If i get my PPL and can afford it, i would love to buy a small Cessna or an old Piper cub.

I have two cats, though one is wild and lives in the stables, and is unfortunately on his last legs  Sad. My house cat is currently purring in my face and biting my nose, as she is very hungry. We also have 3 horses.

Thats all folks!

jafa39

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:31 pm

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 24):
Edgeware in Hertfordshire,

Shouldn't that be Middlesex?

a sand school

Sand does the three R's???  Smile
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

ArmitageShanks

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:40 pm

My name is Mitch and I am 20 years old. I was born in Tennessee on February 14, 1985 during a major blizzard. I have lived here my whole life except for one semester in Nashville Tennessee and two summers in England.

My dad is from Manchester, England and moved to the USA in 1980 (from Canada) when he met my mom. My mom is from Tennessee. I have one older brother who is 24 and in school for finance.

I am a Junior at East Tennessee State University majoring in Journalism/Photojournalism and minoring in International Studies and Anthropology.

My hobbies include travel, photography, food, culture, politics, and Opie and Anthony.

QANTASforever

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:51 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 17):
stubborn as f**ck,

You can say that again.  Wink

As for me:

Jon, Leo, not telling how old I am, love politics, aviation, theatre, opera, jazz, I don't smoke a lot but it's still more than my wife wants me to, I have three kids - twin girls and a son, and a beautiful wife that I adore. I studied arts and law at university and then pursued a career in the federal government doing.. something, followed by a brief career as a legal adviser in a bank. I've since started my own political lobbying firm - dedicated to the goal of making Australia a republic. Talking to politicians on a regular basis (while occasionally being frustrated) I have developed a new-found admiration for their hard work and dedication. I believe in the idea of Republic, and have been constantly inspired by the ideas and theories of great American (and Australian thinkers). Despite popular opinion I do not hate the United Kingdom - I just find certain aspects of it to be... "challenging". I love a.net because its great intellectual exercise - and I'm yet to find a forum with more intelligent and cultivated members.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

Frontiercpt

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:58 pm

My name is Sean, but I go by Shaun because everyone says my name wrong, and it really pissed me off, not to mention I like the spelling of Shaun better than Sean, but other peeps call me Shane, so anything that starts with an "sh" sound I will answer to lol. Oh, and a lot of my friends think I look like an Oliver, so I also answer to that. I'm 14, but I turn 15 at the end of this month. I'm 5'7ish, and I weigh 114 on a good day, but on bad days I can slim down to 110. Don't ask lol. I'm half Thai, and half Irish. But many people ask me if I am Polynesian, or Tahitian, and some people have asked me if I play soccer for a Brazilian soccer team, though I don't think I look Brazilian lol. I have a half brother who looks Italian, but is really German, and I have a half sister who looks 100% caucasian.

I was born in Palm Springs California, because my dad was a pilot with Skywest/United Express, but he also flew for the Navy Reserve. He was a bombardier/navigator in the A6-E Intruder. In 1994 he was killed in an A-6 crash that plowed into San Fransisco Bay, well, he was killed when he ejected and his parachute failed to open, but either way he died. After his death, my mom and I moved to Las Vegas so we could go on Nellis AFB because my mom has life military benefits, and I have them until I'm 21.

After two years in Las Vegas, I moved to Corvallis Oregon to go to school there, and lived with my grandparents. In 1998, I moved to Las Vegas for a year, and then back to Oregon in 1999. In 2001 I moved out to St. Louis to go to a boarding school, and I'm now a sophomore.

I love to dance, and I love being on stage. I used to dance with a professional show in Branson Missouri called Legends. When I get out of college, I wanna be a flight attendant for Skywest (ignore my username lol), but if for some reason that doesn't work out, I would like to pursue a career in musical theater. Anyways, gotta go to bed, mom wants me to shut up, I'm making too much noise by typing lol.
Shaun/Sean/Shawn/Shane/Oliver

ScarletHarlot

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:03 pm

I guess I will play even though I feel old.

I'm April. I'm 33 and an Aries. Canadian by birth and citizenship, though I live in the States. Been here for ten years, but I will move back to Canada one day. Married to Mr. Harlot for ten years now.

I am an actuary by education and now I work as a pension analyst. My parents were in the RCAF and I've loved aviation since I was very small. My dad is dead, but his scanner sits on my desk. I have no siblings and I am not close to my mom.

I am....tall, smart, aggressive, impatient, bossy, selfish, organizing, a good listener, caring, and sweet. I like....cats, cars, airplanes, tea, chocolate, curling, skating, reading, travelling, flirting, and hanging out with friends. I am not an athlete but I am a pretty good curler. I should be, I curl almost constantly in the winter. I have a bit of an odd way of speaking. I speak quickly and in short bursts. I've been told I have a sexy voice though.

I have been learning about myself again recently as I encounter some of life's roadbumps.

I hate smoking, stupidity, cruelty, bullshit, stepping on people to get ahead, throwing up from drinking, and not being able to read people.

Those are the random things I can think of about myself at the moment.
But that was when I ruled the world

jspitfire

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:20 pm

I just turned 19, and have lived in Vancouver, British Columbia all my life. I have 2 younger sisters and a dog. I am just starting my last semester of my Business Administration Diploma, and I will also be doing my Multi-engine IFR training this year. I enjoy playing guitar and listening to all kinds of music. I have been bowling since I was 5 years old. I have also been involved in Air Cadets for the past 6 years. Its a great program, I got my PPL for free through them! I'm a pretty quiet, but smart guy, and I'm single. Hopefully when I finish school I will be able to find a job flying, and work to start paying off my debt from flight training!

Jason

iflyatldl

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:21 pm

Scarlot- I always thought you were good people. My name is Paul. I'm 47 and will be 48 in March. I'm very lucky because I have my health, a partner for 10 years and a great job, even though I'm getting ready to make a career change. I have fifteen close friends and it drives my partner nuts. Everyone should have such problems. I'm both a Canadian/US citizen and have lived in Montreal even though I now live in Atlanta. I don't smoke anymore but still miss it...it's been since 1988. I know.. GET OVER ITBig grin Asides from putting my Mum in a Nursing home this year, I really can't complain. Happy New Year Everybody!  champagne 
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

aerobalance

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:49 pm

Hello,

I'm Tony, 39, 6'4 195 lb. Scorpio. Born, raised and educated in Southern California. Mother is from Hermosillo, Mexico whose parents came straight from Italy and France to raise their family - who now basically run a legal import/export business there. Great-grandfather worked with the Wright-brothers, grandfather flew Wacos all over Ohio, father works for a major air carrier at LAX. I'm a pilot, Engineer and an Aerospace Business Owner. I work 16 hour days for the good of the aerospace industry. I like to design machinery that works in seamless harmony which makes the end user believe that what I made just came off of a tree and runs perfectly every time.

I enjoy and play soccer, basketball, softball, the drums and my guitar. Mtn. biking happens in the spring and summer. I enjoy traveling. I appreciate the fact that the generation of people who fought in WWII for America were the greatest generation ever and that the future generations of this country should not overlook the accomplishments and sacrifices these people made for our future. I respect people who take calculated risks to further the advancement of technology - those more who do it on their own dime.

I love a democracy and the freedom to CHOOSE. I dislike people who think in a negative manner. Everyday is a good day, some are just better than others. I love my life.
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

ScarletHarlot

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:20 pm

Quoting Iflyatldl (Reply 31):
Scarlot- I always thought you were good people.

blush  Thanks. I can be, when I'm not being a bitch!  Smile

I have met Tony (Aerobalance) and can attest to him being a good guy. And my buddy Jafa is just a totally rockin' dude, regardless of him being a Capricorn.  Smile

I've got to say that I've met a ton of cool people on A.net and am pleased to call many of them friends.
But that was when I ruled the world

planesarecool

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:28 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 25):
Shouldn't that be Middlesex?

No, edgware in Hertfordshire. In fact its right on the border between Herts and Greater London. Edgware itself is in London, but the hospital was just north, and in Herts.

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 25):
Sand does the three R's???

No, it's a reasonably big, fenced area, filled with sand where the horses can be ridden.

beowulf

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:48 pm

I go by the name of Beowulf and my age doesn't really matter. Let's just say that when looking at me it becomes clear that the human body, AKA hull, isn't made to last forever. By and large I am a misanthrope and an unsociable bastard. I belong to the working proletariat by day and to the future intelligentsia by night. In my opinion, the biggest joy is schadenfreude, and I live by this motto every day. Finally, I absolutely detest smoking, drinking alcohol, taking drugs, being sober, and being bored.

Consciousness is that annoying time between the naps.

Cheers!  wink 

iflyatldl

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:53 pm

Quoting Beowulf: Reply 35
Now the puzzle's complete. And AUA wasn't even around! Big grin Happy New Year Dude !  champagne 
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

trav110

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:31 pm

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 29):
I hate...throwing up from drinking

but you feel so much better afterwards!!  Silly

TNboy

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:53 pm

I hate ............ bullshit,

Me too. I worked in the outback in the resources industry for 12 years, and discovered that bullshit was a totally unnecessary commodity. People who play corporate and social games because they feel they have to, just don't get it.
Cheers
Bill
"...every aircraft is subtly different.."

ZKSUJ

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:10 pm

Hi

I'm 20, born in August (Leo) and currently studying at University. Would love to work in the industry soon and after I graduate (should I graduate). Born in SIN moved to NZ when I was 8, living now in AKL.

1.72 meters tall, and 71 kgs. Pass times include eating, sleeping, watching TV and playing MS FS 2004.

Single like many on here as well btw

RichardBHX

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:20 pm

My name is Richard and I'm 15 years old, my birthday being on the 21st of April. I'm about 5'10"/177cms, and weigh just under 9st/55kgs. Long and Lanky. I've got long brown hair, which I'm probably going to get cut short this week, and brown eyes. I was born in Bangor, North Wales, and lived there until I was 10, when I moved to a small village near Stratford-Upon-Avon, where I still live. I've got an older brother, who is at university, and two kittens. My Mum is a part-time Healthcare Assistant, and my Dad runs a Magnesium Factory the other side of the river from St Louis, Missouri. Although my parents aren't separated. Just a complex family arrangement!
My main interests are Aviation/Travel and Computing, I also play the Flute. I really like taking pictures at the moment too, but our camera is rubbish. I have a Saturday job in a Party Shop, and at the moment I'm hoping to become a Teacher or go into Aviation Management. I'm not in a relationship, but really want to be.

Das ist alles!
RichardBHX
Flown - Miles: 51069 Sectors: 26 Airlines: 8 Aircraft Types: 8 Countries: 5

RODOL

Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:26 pm

I am 31 years old, 6' 5'', have dark, shortish hair and a goatee beard type thingy. I live in Buxton, Derbyshire with my partner Beverley, and sons Max and Finlay. I have a daughter Hannah from a previous relationship. My parents seperated when I was about 4 years old, I no longer see my father, even though he only lives about 15 miles away, my mother died in 1998 from alcoholism. I have no brothers or sisters. I work as a signaller for Network Rail at Manchester South in Stockport. I have worked on the railways for nearly 16 years since leaving school. My hobbies are aviation (I collect registrations rather than photograph as my camera isn't very good), and watching Buxton FC.
I'd like to think I was kind, considerate and consciencous, but slightly too sensitive, lacking confidence and patience.

dba4u

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:38 am

I David (Or Dave, Fassi, Bender, RaVeDaVe, call me what you like:D), 17 years old, 5'7 small and live close to Hamburg. I haven't got any brothers and sisters which makes life quit comfortable for me Big grin I'm still attending school with more or less success, less success because I've got to many hobbies...
Apart from aviation I'm also into Icehockey (Haaaaaamburg Freezers) and clubbing (No problems, since most of my friends are already 18) and music.

"Music was my first love" (it will always be my last) by Hixxy describes my feelings for music, and it is the intro of the "Clubland x-treme Hardcore" compilation which is absolutely my taste of music. So I'm in love with everything from chilled acid trance up to Hardcore.

Music, party's and aviation, that's me, that's my life

September11
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:14 am

Wow, I've learned many new things from this... Thanks for responding! And thanks for the great paragraphs.

Quoting AirxLiban (Reply 1):
Happy New Year.

Happy New Year to you, too!

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 2):
is it me

No, it's not just you. Write a paragraph then!

Quoting Trekster (Reply 3):
Single, though have a date with a nice irish man next week

May your date be nice and memorable one!

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 4):
I was born in SYD now live in CFS.

I would like to visit Australia one day. I have heard so many good things about Australia.

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 5):
Why am I not surprised?

There are very little surprises about me!

Quoting Pilot kaz (Reply 6):
I am single seeking a nice Boyfriend which wont happen lol.

You will have a good one, trust me.

Quoting Cosec59 (Reply 7):
I'm 46. I smoke too much.Drink too much,drive too fast and am getting to be a grumpy old man

Your not the only one! At least your honest.

Quoting Scott0305 (Reply 8):
This feels like writing an ad for a lonely hearts column

This, to me, is a nice column!

Quoting Trav110 (Reply 9):
I drive a bit too fast, and shoot my mouth off a bit too much

That is very common.  wink 

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 10):
hopefully by the summer a ramper with WN (please, please, please, oh please)

Crossing my fingers for you.

Quoting ABfemme (Reply 11):
I know ....when I'm sobar/sober ? and can think straight I'll reply to this one !!

Are you sober now?

Quoting CXA330300 (Reply 12):
I am an expert at acting like a complete arsehole.

Interesting.

Quoting Matt27 (Reply 13):
we've been a couple for 1 year and three months.

That is nice.

Nordair, nice paragraph.

Quoting AOMlover (Reply 15):
I'm a complete social misfit.

Nah, not completely.

Quoting Stlgph (Reply 16):
- hates side profile

Care to explain that more in details?

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 17):
i would like to rule the world

Like everyone wants to!

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 18):
I dislike politics.

I do not hate politics. I just understand politics.

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 19):
So that is my life.

You have great life ahead of you!

Quoting TNboy (Reply 20):
I've been reliably told that I am living my life backwards, because I must have started out as a very old person, and just keep getting younger.

Smile.

Quoting Boeing744 (Reply 21):
I want to be either a commercial pilot or get into politics

Go for commercial pilot!

Quoting AirxLiban (Reply 22):
Wow...that was more than a paragraph!

And thanks!

Quoting Texan (Reply 23):
It is fun to make people smile.

Absolutely!

my favourite place is San Diego.

I have been there and would like to go back there one day!

We also have 3 horses.

Neat. Horses are nice to have. My father runs a barn with 10 horses.

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 26):
I was born in Tennessee on February 14, 1985 during a major blizzard.

That is special of you!

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 26):
Opie and Anthony.

What is Opie and Anthony?

Quoting QANTASforever (Reply 27):
I love a.net because its great intellectual exercise - and I'm yet to find a forum with more intelligent and cultivated members.

I think that Airliners.net do have plenty of intelligent and cultivated members.

Quoting Frontiercpt (Reply 28):
I was born in Palm Springs California

It is my plan to move there anytime soon.

Quoting Frontiercpt (Reply 28):
I love to dance, and I love being on stage.

There you go!

an Aries.

I am an Aries, too.

aggressive, impatient, bossy, selfish, organizing, a good listener, caring, and sweet.

Sounds like a pure Aries!  wink 

Quoting Jspitfire (Reply 30):
I have been bowling since I was 5 years old.

What is your current average? I have been bowling for a long time, too. In fact, I am a member of the Professional Bowlers Association.

Quoting Iflyatldl (Reply 31):
Everyone should have such problems.

I agree!

Quoting Aerobalance (Reply 32):
Everyday is a good day, some are just better than others.

Very true!

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 33):
I've got to say that I've met a ton of cool people on A.net and am pleased to call many of them friends.

That is great.

Quoting Beowulf (Reply 35):
Consciousness is that annoying time between the naps.

Very interesting comment!

Quoting TNboy (Reply 38):
People who play corporate and social games because they feel they have to, just don't get it.

Some people ...

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 39):
Pass times include eating, sleeping, watching TV and playing MS FS 2004.

Sounds like a normal person!

Quoting RichardBHX (Reply 40):
I'm not in a relationship, but really want to be.

Your still young, time will come.

Quoting RODOL (Reply 41):
shortish hair and a goatee beard type thingy.

Nice description!

Quoting Dba4U (Reply 42):
and clubbing (No problems, since most of my friends are already 18) and music.

I miss clubbing. I've made a lot of friends through clubbing years ago.
Airliners.net of the Future

BAxMAN

Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:19 am

Hi, my name is Hugo and I'm an alcoholic.

I have not had a drink since 7:50am on 1st January 2006.
I need to get laid

ShyFlyer

Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:41 am

Here I'm known as ShyFlyer, but elsewhere people call me Phillip. I'm a college graduate currently fighting a losing battle with the flying bug. My greatest accomplishment to date has been by Private Pilot Certificate, warded September 2005. I haven't figured out how to finance the rest of my flight training, but the answer will come soon. I'm also working on entering the USAF, which will add the title of Second Lieutenant to my name. There is no Mrs. ShyFlyer yet, and the search for her has been called off, although applications will still be accepted.  Wink I have been a resident of the great state of New Mexico all of my nearly 27 years on this spinning blue orb. I also have just over four years of experience in Corrections, somewhat evenly split between the federal and state systems.

I lift things up and put them down.

ABfemme

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:40 pm

OK - I'm sober now!!

I'm Claire, 47yrs (getting on a bit !!) own hair and teeth. My husband (who also has his own hair and teeth !!) is a paramedic, so I guess we are in similar jobs - shifts all over the place! Live in Stafford, middle of the Midlands, near Cannock Chase which is a huge national park so picnic's are fab in the summer. Live in an ordinary housing estate, but quiet, which suits the pair of us on nights!
2 cars, 3 cats, 3 Goldfish.
Hobbies include: Staggering back and forth to our local- aren't Health Care Professionals supposed to be the worst !! , routing out the best barmeals in our area, me dragging anyone along who will put up with my trips to MAN Ringway as long as a beer is promised in the Airport pub !!.
BIG animal lover, planning on doing some voluntary work at a rescue centre near here......................er............. well gone on a bit but one more thing -just love being a member of the A.Net gang, great bunch of guys and fellow gals out there !

Cheers

Claire  wave 
Women do not have hot flushes, they have power surges

kiwiandrew

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:48 pm

Hi , I am Andrew , a 42 year old Kiwi/Scot living in BRU with my partner a 41 year old Scot/Kiwi and our 3 year old Australian Terrier , who is really a Kiwi Aussie Terrier since she was born in NZ and spent the first 2 1/2 years of her life there. I worked in the travel industry for 7 years but seem to have got that out of my system now - I will be posting less on Anet from now on as I have finally got a job here in BRU ( I have been a 'trailing spouse' up until now and it was driving me nuts )

jcs17

Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:38 pm

My name is Josh. I'm 22, 5'11" 185 lbs., and actually grew an inch and a half in the past year. I live in a municipality in the city of Dallas and have lived in Atlanta, New York, Washington DC, Pittsburgh, Orange County, and was born in Chicago. I currently attend the University of North Dakota (love the school, hate the state) where I am an Airport Management major and should graduate in the next year or so with a BBA. I might put off graduation for another semester in order to study abroad, I'm currently looking at Norway or Australia. I'm actively involved in my fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi, where I was re-elected Vice President (in charge of recruitment) in November. My hobbies include being with my friends, beer, ice hockey, naps, music, politics (I'm an ardent conservative), traveling (been to Europe four times), and contrary to popular belief, working out. The women I've tended to meet lately are either complete whores or have some kind of huge personality flaw, it's getting really annoying. After graduating, I plan on working as an commercial aviation analyst/consultant or aircraft sales/leasing, the money and the environment working in management for an airline is hardly appealing to me. Chances are that I'll end up living in New York, Washington DC, Denver, Seattle, or Southern California--just as long as the city doesn't have ,ND. after it, I'll be happy.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

stlgph

Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:38 pm

Quoting September11 (Reply 43):
Quoting Stlgph (Reply 16):
- hates side profile

Care to explain that more in details?

i hate to be photographed or videographed from the side.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport