rootsair

Driver License: Ever Removed? Or Dont Have One Yet?

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:09 am

This is a thread to ask my fellow a.netter two questions

1) Have you ever had your driver's license removed? If yes why?

2) do you already have it?

Concerning me , I don't yet have it. don't really need one yet because public transports are great and rliable in Switzerland.. the other reason is purely economic...its very expensive to get it here !

Cheers

BM
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

Sabena332

Driver License: Ever Removed? Or Dont Have One Yet?

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:16 am

Quoting RootsAir (Thread starter):
1) Have you ever had your driver's license removed?

No.

Quoting RootsAir (Thread starter):
2) do you already have it?

Yes, I am allowed to drive motorbikes of any kind, cars of any kind, and trucks up to 7.5 tones weight.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

lesmainwaring

RE: Driver License: Ever Removed? Or Dont Have One Yet?

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:27 am

In the States, you really need a driver's license, whether you drive or not; it is about the only type of identification most folks seem to recognize. True, you can have a passport, but most Americans don't readily carry theirs on their person, and even official 'state-issued' ID cards (available through the department of motor vehicles, like drivers licenses, and which look much like drivers licenses) are often looked on suspiciously.

Also, outside a larger metropolitan area, you almost have to drive to get around. Where I live, although there is a public bus system, the schedule is very sporatic, the routes limited, and the cost relatively high.

I know that is different in places like New York, but I don't think the majority of American cities. I grew up in Atlanta, and, although there was public transportation (MARTA), I found that, as spread out as the city was, it wasn't always practical to rely on the bus or rail (unless it was a regular part of your commute, which it wasn't for me.)

So here, you almost HAVE to have a drivers license. I worked in banking and retail, and I know if you presented most anything for identification other than a drivers license, it really threw the teller/clerk aback.

Ever had my license revoked? No, thank god. I've had a few tickets in my youth, and once racked up a few points that required me to go to a safe driving course, but nothing to have the license removed.

The Lester Mainwaring Party
I want something under my wheels thats plenty long and mighty dry --- Vern Demarest