flyf15

Higher Google Maps Resolution?

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:56 am

I just noticed that it appears Google has added too more notches on their scroller for zooming in on satellite pictures on Google Maps. But, I can't find anywhere that doesn't have a "We don't have images at this zoom level" message pop up. Anyone know if they're planning on adding higher resolution images soon or something?

Newark777

RE: Higher Google Maps Resolution?

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:57 am

You can zoom closer to the same images using Google Earth, and many of the images have been updated in the recent past.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

flyf15

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:01 am

Ah, yeah, I know about the zooming closer in Google Earth. I'm more specifically thinking... why upgrade Google Maps to handle higher zoom unless to support higher resolution images being added? Hopefully that is the case, it would mean higher resolution images in Google Earth as well.

cfalk

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:07 am

Click on "Google Campus" under places, and zoom in. You can make out individual people, and can practically make out the brands of the cars.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Newark777

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:09 am

Quoting Flyf15 (Reply 2):
Ah, yeah, I know about the zooming closer in Google Earth. I'm more specifically thinking... why upgrade Google Maps to handle higher zoom unless to support higher resolution images being added? Hopefully that is the case, it would mean higher resolution images in Google Earth as well.

You're right, they are probably anticipating the addition of more high quality aerial photography images already found in most metropolitan areas.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?