9VSPO
Topic Author

Celebrity Big Brother UK

Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:54 am

So is anyone going to own up to watching it? We got Jodie Marsh and some woman from Baywatch lol.

cosec59

RE: Celebrity Big Brother UK

Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:56 am

cool. lesbo lust then with abit of luck
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

kaddyuk

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:00 am

*ahem* Didn't take too long did it 9V... i was going to start a thread but thankfully i wont have to live with the shame of admitting to watching *Gordie Accent* Big Brother...

LoL!
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

planesarecool

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:07 am

I'm watching it and am not ashamed - its an awesome program Big grin. Celebs list is a bit naff though, who the hell is rula?

tmatt95

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:08 am

Hi,
I did not know that Big Brother had started..... Ill may probably watch a few of the programs at the beginning, to see how the house looks but will be in no danger of getting addicted to the show.......touch wood.

Matt

BA767s

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:09 am

Who are all these people??? Its embarrassing to watch. The only ones I know are Jodie and Michael.

Is it me or does the nobody look like Paris Hilton? :P

Oh well, John
Come on, let's fly!

9VSPO
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:10 am

I can't believe it!!!! George Galloway in the house!!!!!!!

Gary2880

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:17 am

come on george!!!! i nearly shit myself, the camera panned down then this face looked up lmao! awesome!! fan fecking tastic!
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

9VSPO
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:43 am

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 7):
the camera panned down then this face looked up lmao

Car crash tv for sure!

BA767s

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:00 am

anyone else sense a little sarcasm ?

filler
Come on, let's fly!

9VSPO
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:02 am

Quoting BA767s (Reply 9):
anyone else sense a little sarcasm ?

WFT?

777236ER

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:05 am

George Galloway? Is this a joke? The fact he's a serving MP not withstanding, he'll merely showboat the entire time. He'll blame Bush, Blair and the Israelis for everything within 24 hours, and be generally insufferable.

His constituents were pretty dim to elect him in the first place, wonder how they feel now he's "representing" their views and opinion in, uh, the Big Brother house?
Your bone's got a little machine

cxsjr

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:05 am

All I can say is, that Chantelle that's got to convince the others she's a celeb won't have too much trouble - I think they should have played it the other way around; the celeb's have to convince her they're celeb or they're out!!!

Thumbs up to George Galloway though; I can hear it now ..... 'I DO NOT HAVE OIL FIRED HEATING'!!!!!

As for Michael Barrymore, apparently, police have said they'll arrest him if he even dares to mention the floating corpse in his pool! UK TV at it's best - NOT!
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....

777236ER

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:10 am

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 12):

As for Michael Barrymore, apparently, police have said they'll arrest him if he even dares to mention the floating corpse in his pool! UK TV at it's best - NOT!

I think it'll be the C4 executives, rather than the police, that would get pissed off if anything were said. It would open them up to all sorts of litigation. The police would have charged Barrymore, if they could. The fact they haven't tells you all you need to know about any evidence against him.

Gary2880

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:12 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 11):

His constituents were pretty dim to elect him in the first place, wonder how they feel now he's "representing" their views and opinion in, uh, the Big Brother house?

and that's what makes him great, a real person, not a suit.

so proud to have met him.

The George Galloway representative of a.net Big grin

777236ER

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:13 am

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 14):
and that's what makes him great, a real person, not a suit.

Avoiding carrying out the duties his constituents elected him to do makes him a real person? If he wanted to publicise Respect, or try and disuade the apathetic masses from ignoring politics, he should have done it before he became MP!

sunshine79

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:19 am

What a strange lot they have in there this year. I've totally gone off Big Brother over the past couple of years.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

Gary2880

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:19 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 15):
he should have done it before he became MP!

before he was in his 20s? I mean I know the Mans great but I'm sure he has some limits!

Have you polled his electorate to find out their views? Or just dived in with your own opinion. I'm just sad that we couldn't all have a George Galloway as our m.p.. George has done more fighting for the people on the street than any other lazy arsed member in parliament.

highpeaklad

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:21 am

Does anybody know who these people are? I've been on the website but the link to each contestant isn't working - nI think most people will recognise some of them but who are thr rest?

Chris
Don't try to keep up with the Joneses - bring them down to your level !

777236ER

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:35 am

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 17):
Have you polled his electorate to find out their views? Or just dived in with your own opinion. I'm just sad that we couldn't all have a George Galloway as our m.p.. George has done more fighting for the people on the street than any other lazy arsed member in parliament.

What has he done for his constituents? in Bethnal Green and Bow? In fact, what has he EVER done for his constituents? When he's not off swanning around in Pakistan launching controversial newspapers, or meeting with Saddam Hussein - a man who even I as a pretty left-wing liberal think is a mass murderer - he's not exactly helping his constituents!

He uses his oratory skills, and exploits vunerable constituencies to express his own opinions, which seldom match with theirs. He didn't attend a constituency meeting for an entire year during 1989/1990!

The idea that he 'fights' for the people who elected his is nonsense. He ruined Dundee City Council by raising rates to from 12p in the pound to 45p in the pound. He abused the important tradition of twinning cities, and twinned the city with Nablus, after raising the Palestinian flag over the town hall. The residents of Dundee at the time one would think would have been happier with reducing poverty and unemployment.

He was elected on an anti-war platform, but he didn't even attend the Report Stage of the Terrorism bill in November 2005! This despite his party urging him to attend. Given the government won with a majority of one, the one man show in Cork he put on that night shows just how little he cares about the people who elected him.

The best, and most enlightening Galloway quote (from the Granuiad), is this.

"I am on the anti-imperialist left. I wouldn't define it that way because of the pejoratives loaded around it; that would be making a rod for your own back. If you are asking did I support the Soviet Union, yes I did. Yes, I did support the Soviet Union, and I think the disappearance of the Soviet Union is the biggest catastrophe of my life. If there was a Soviet Union today, we would not be having this conversation about plunging into a new war in the Middle East, and the US would not be rampaging around the globe."

His views have got more extreme, if anything in recent years.

Remember his ideas on Pakistan? 'Democracy is a means, not an end in itself'?

So while his enthusiasm and oratory skill may be a benefit to British politics, his views aren't accepted by the general population. He gets elected on propaganda, and exploits racial tension for his own selfish ends. His views are extreme. He seldom helps his constituents, as shown by this - he could spend up to a month away from the people he vowed to help.

gkirk

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:39 am

Geroge Galloway is a complete idiot. Nothing less, nothing more.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

sunshine79

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:41 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 20):
Geroge Galloway is a complete idiot. Nothing less, nothing more.

He hadn't even taken his coat off and he was already talking about politics. Bloody fool.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

jap

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:46 am

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 2):
*ahem* Didn't take too long did it 9V... i was going to start a thread but thankfully i wont have to live with the shame of admitting to watching *Gordie Accent* Big Brother...

LoL!

I think you just did Big grin

*points, laughs and runs off*  Silly
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

777236ER

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:47 am

Quoting Sunshine79 (Reply 21):

He hadn't even taken his coat off and he was already talking about politics. Bloody fool.

You see, that's the problem. Instead of encouraging kids to get into politics, he'll simply make them hate it.

Gary2880

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:49 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 19):
his views aren't accepted by the general population.

pretty accepted by me, and the sell out crowd when he visited Aberdeen was pretty accepting. When they could hear him over the rounds of applause.

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 20):

coming from you that affirms his stance as a great man, nothing more, nothing less  Wink

777236ER

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:52 am

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 24):
pretty accepted by me, and the sell out crowd when he visited Aberdeen was pretty accepting. When they could hear him over the rounds of applause.

Given that the Labour Party won the election, it's clear his views are not widespread. Just how much of the population voted for an anti-war party? I was against the war on Iraq, but the election showed pretty clearly that the general population do not consider it an important issue.

Is it maybe his disdain of democracy you agree with? What about his support of the Soviets? Pakistani military coups? Support of Saddam Hussein?

Gary2880

Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:19 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 23):
You see, that's the problem. Instead of encouraging kids to get into politics, he'll simply make them hate it.

he's worked wonders for me I can tell you. How many of the people that were at the stop the war protests were teenagers? George is exactly what British politics needs. And he speaks out for the younger population. With all the people watching this who are of that age that will be against the war. I would hope they would all form around him. He has gone in there to rally people around him and around his cause. Rather than all the speak your weight machines in parliament he his an m.p that the real population can relate to.

If you want to know. I admire his bollocks, his indefatigability, his skills talent and charisma. That he takes no shite from anyone. His ability to wade through the shite spun by other politicians. His individuality. All of which have been emphasized by seeing him on TV, going to his speaking tour and having the honor of meeting him in person, reading his books. And no doubt again even more by seeing him on big brother.

Truly great man. And I have decided to add an homage to him in my profile  Smile

777236ER

Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:39 am

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 26):
Truly great man.

In some ways, perhaps. But his views make his oratory skills moot. Do you agree with his views on the Soviets? His disdain of democracy? His comments after July 7th? His almost treasonous comments against British soldiers? His support of Saddam Hussein? etc etc.

Charisma is one thing. Hitler had charisma.

kaddyuk

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:17 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 22):
I think you just did Big grin

*points, laughs and runs off* Silly

Shut it you...! *shakes arm*

9VSPO
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:28 am

Helen Mirren, who is one of George Galloway's constituents, was interviewed on the radio tonight about it. She said it was very wierd seeing him on there. The consensus among the people interviewed said it was a bad move and they will not vote for him again.  expressionless 

cosec59

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:38 am

I thought this was a thread about Celebrity Big Brother. NOT politics.
I suggest it is locked and if you want a political rant, open another

9VSPO
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:45 am

Ok who's your money on at the moment? And who the hell is Dennis Rodman???? I've never heard of him! Chantelle is nice though  Wink

kaddyuk

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:51 am

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 31):
Ok who's your money on at the moment? And who the hell is Dennis Rodman???? I've never heard of him! Chantelle is nice though Wink

My cash is on marsh...

cosec59

Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:04 am

And who the hell is Dennis Rodman

Some cross dressing american basketball player i believe

Banco

Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:48 am

I assume Galloway is still drawing his salary as an MP whilst appearing on this?
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

GDB

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:15 am

Garry2880, yeah some people consider him a 'great man' (not least himself), but then so did many about Oswald Mosely.

What a guy, what a party, Islamic crackpots and the remains of the old, extreme, far left (the Trots have suddenly forgotten their atheism).

Unseating a good MP, who actually believes in Civil Rights, the American half of her family lived it.
Not like the posing, perma-tanned, jump on any bandwagon Galloway.
All done in a campaign with lots of anti-semitism.
What a guy.

Galloway however panders to bathist, highly brutal regimes, supported the USSR which killed many times more the Hitler or Mao managed, in purely political crimes, (not counting fighting Germany), which enslaved, with force, half of Europe for over 40 years.
Wow, isn't George the 'peoples man'?

I'd pay to see Galloway make a pro USSR speech in Poland or any former Warsaw Pact nation, he never would though, values his skin too much and only really preaches to the converted, gullible, resentful and foolish.

Called for attacks on British troops too, never mind the US (and yes, we enjoyed his performances in the US, because both sides there almost deserved each other and they are not used to invective), but still, he should be done for treason.

It will end in tears in the East End, everywhere he has gone he has disappointed, alienated, let down his constituency.

A sordid, brain dead, pandering, cheap, low rent show like BB, is actually the perfect place for him.

pilot kaz

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:34 am

Meh...

All these American accents the The British House........ Mad....

Celebs? Only vaguely heard of a few of them...
-

Humberside

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:08 am

Quoting BA767s (Reply 5):

Any chance she can be a 12th contestant? Big grin

Chantelle is nice though

And Jodie Marsh even nicer  Smile

And who the hell is Dennis Rodman????

Some US Basketball Player who went out with Madonna
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

atco2b

Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:48 am

Quoting BA767s (Reply 5):

OMG yea, i thought that too. There are hardly any celebs this year...still, ill watch it til the end Big grin
Hey, you want to go out for pizza and some sex? What, you don't like pizza?

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:47 am

Quoting GDB (Reply 35):

feel better?

GDB

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:10 am

Feel better does not come into it, want to answer my points or anyone else's, about this most discredited politician by any chance?
Something beyond slogans, or crude invective?
Something that Galloway hates doing too as it happens.

I just find it shocking that such a transparent, ego-manic, a supporter of some of the scum of the Earth dictators, (Galloway's hatred of Western democracy does not stop him occasionally turning up to Parliament and getting that wage), has any kind of following.

In truth however, Respect, (the BNP of the far left/Islamic militants), is his ego vehicle, nothing more.
Very small, a fluke of the times, but what will happen first?
Will Galloway get bored with Respect first, or will they, as some are probably doing now, get sick of his showboating before then?
They've been duped by him, not the first to do so either.

For people whose worldview is informed by stuff like BB and little else, Galloway is the perfect choice.

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:40 am

I've said all I have to on why I admire him which is further up the thread I see no need to repeat myself. The title of his book 'I'm not the only one' and he's right.

Quoting GDB (Reply 40):
In truth however, Respect, (the BNP of the far left/Islamic militants), is his ego vehicle, nothing more.

hardly. That twat killroy silk also started/joined UKIP around the same time as respect formed. Galloway, or some tanned tit that goes around the streets asking Muslim people when they are going home. Which one now holds the record for the most events that he has spoken at. I cant remember the exact number he said but his appearance at the Aberdeen music hall was about his 1,200th speaking engagement? Pulling crowds nearing their thousands each time people paying their hard earned money to hear someone who has the bollocks to tell the world what he thinks, what i think what his audiences think. name 1 other politician in west minister who could get that kind of response from the general public? We had Americans, Muslims, old, young, middle age all attending his speech, all those people not only in Aberdeen but in the thousands of locations that he has spoken at they were all ''converted, gullible, resentful and foolish.'' you think David Davis would get about 970 odd people to pay £10 each to listen to him for 2 hours? Who can speak for 30-40 minutes on end in detail to any question fired at him in random from the audience, any other politician would be scared shitless at the prospect of a full auditorium being able to ask them any question.

Quoting GDB (Reply 35):
I'd pay to see Galloway make a pro USSR speech in Poland or any former Warsaw Pact nation

it would also be fun to see you attempt to argue with him and in front of any audience that has gone to see him. Why not go to one of his audiences and ask him a couple of questions.

GDB

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:07 pm

It would be easy actually, 'George, you seem to hate democracy when it does not follow your politics, you hang around rather a lot with dictators, what are you doing in Parliament?'
'George, what is an old style Socialist doing going around money grubbing, boasting about his wealth, not turning up for a chance to help defeat Blair in Parliament, being too busy coining it in and ego pandering'.

Of course he'd do what he always does, throw insults and clear off.

The more I think about it, the more I think the comparison to Mosley is spot on, if from the opposite extreme of the political spectrum.
Both made it very uncomfortable to be Jewish in East London when they were around.
Both were bandwagon leaping demagogues, driven by ego.

You've implied your in the media Gary2880?
So, why not use your communication skills to defend Galloway's liking of the despotic USSR? (While sitting pretty in the West?)

His kissing of Saddam's arse (of a man who killed more Muslims in the last few decades than anyone else, by a mile).
Don't see him supporting the unfortunates in Sudan, explain that?
(Clue; he cannot blame the UK and US for it).

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:29 pm

Quoting GDB (Reply 42):
It would be easy actually, 'George, you seem to hate democracy when it does not follow your politics, you hang around rather a lot with dictators, what are you doing in Parliament?'
'George, what is an old style Socialist doing going around money grubbing, boasting about his wealth, not turning up for a chance to help defeat Blair in Parliament, being too busy coining it in and ego pandering'.

Of course he'd do what he always does, throw insults and clear off.

go and ask him then. Put your money where your mouth is and see how quickly he 'clears off'. To suggest Galloway does not stand his ground is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen posted. need i remind you that he stood his ground for so long at the G8 he was picked up by police and dragged off for what he belives in? for someone that you claim is just out to boost his ego he sure as hell puts a lot of effort into it. And you say that Blair argues with passion? he wouldnt know passion if it came up and bit him in the arse. George is the one that jumps on the band wagon?

Blair : 'the England cricket team has won... hmm... I know ill invite them round for tea and crumpets tomorrow then everyone will like me and not think I'm a publicity seeking moron!'

Quoting GDB (Reply 42):
You've implied your in the media Gary2880?
So, why not use your communication skills to defend Galloway's liking of the despotic USSR?

being a humble cameraman it would be an insult to George for someone as lowly as me to answer for him. Especially when you can so easy ask him yourself. i urge you to do that and report back his answer. why not take a tape recorder then upload it to the net so we can all hear which one of you 'clears off' first.

GDB

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:47 pm

Well, you seem easily impressed, seem to stop your critical faculties beyond crude slogan's, prefer faux 'passion' despite the highly suspect, often contradictory mouth it comes from.

At least Blair was, at the G8, trying to do something for the 3rd world, the real world is more complex and difficult than on planet Galloway, obsessed as he is with ego.
What did Galloway do for the 3rd World, oh yes, screwed up the charity 'War On Want' when he was involved with it.

If you feel he is soooo great, like, he's so passionate man, defend his support for dictators.
Fancy ever living in the USSR, Saddam's Iraq?
Hey, neither was he.

You can't defend him can you? Spoil the simplistic Galloway line too much?
Might expose what a total fraud he is?

Respect - an antidote for thinking, extreme left wingers and religious fanatics preferred, high levels of gullibility for anyone else.

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:32 pm

Quoting GDB (Reply 44):
You can't defend him can you? Spoil the simplistic Galloway line too much?
Might expose what a total fraud he is?

I have defended him enough. And explained why he has my respect and how he is my role model. More than I will ever respect the jackal and the jackass. If that is not good enough for you. Just tough really isn't it.

Galloway hated Saddam. And in turn as we all know Saddam hated Galloway. Galloway was in Iraq trying to avoid a war, a hard concept to grasp for people that are on blairs side I understand. I suggest you read 'Mr Galloway goes to Washington' not easy to trace but possible through some Amazon outlets.

I'm sure he will defend his stance that Fidel Castro is his hero in his up coming book about Fidel. Maybe you should read that to find your answers about his support for communist leaders?

If you believe blairs passion is real and galloways is 'faux'...it is just a shame that so many people have fallen for blairs bull. A man who stands by the side of the road waiting for the next band wagon to jump on.

I will finish as I started. George Galloway is a Great man. He is my hero and you despise him and me after some of your insulting sweeping inaccurate statements. This argument will go no where fast neither of us will be backing down any time soon. And if you go to one of his tours you may be able to give him a run for his money who knows, but he has seen off plenty of people in the past, no doubt will in the future. I am going to call it a night,. I have little more energy to waste on the matter.

777236ER

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:46 pm

Gary2880, the problem is you keep on calling Galloway a great man, yet ignore important points about him.

As GDB has said, he's supported the USSR, a regime that killed millions - more than Hitler. He support Saddam, someone who killed more Muslims than the US and UK ever have. He pretty much destroyed Dundee City Council, and instead of bothering to clean up domestic issues, he twined the city with Nablus. He funded a newspaper in Pakistan that support the military coup - an went on to say that democracy isn't an ends, it's a means - consequently implying that military revolution over democracy is acceptable. His anti-semetism is only tolerated because he spins his points into vaguely acceptable rhetoric.

Do you agree with any of those points? We're not asking you to defend Galloway, we're asking if you agree with the far-left and pretty vile ideas he has. Surely you should, given how great you think he is.

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:19 pm

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 46):
Do you agree with any of those points? We're not asking you to defend Galloway, we're asking if you agree with the far-left and pretty vile ideas he has

I don't feel the need to defend Galloway. These are the points by which I admire him as I have stated earlier. There is no other politician that even comes close to pandering for my needs like Galloway does.

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 26):
If you want to know. I admire his bollocks, his indefatigability, his skills talent and charisma. That he takes no shite from anyone. His ability to wade through the shite spun by other politicians. His individuality. All of which have been emphasized by seeing him on TV, going to his speaking tour and having the honor of meeting him in person, reading his books. And no doubt again even more by seeing him on big brother.

we do not have to agree with every single thing our hero's do. But as such most of the time from what I have heard him say I like what I hear through the medium stated above. His views on Palestine, the monarchy, parliament. The common person. I've told you, Galloway did'nt like Saddam and vice versa, but because of all the crap that is spun all you see now is Galloway saying to Saddam 'I admire your indefatigability' no rhyme nor reason as to why he was there. sorry if my replys aren't as 'rar bollocks to the lot of you' as usual, but my cold is taking its toll, my apology's..

im not going to even attempt to defend as you say the points made above. he has 2 books out and has a speaking tour the information is out there. (he has 2 out and i have 3 work that out  boggled  ) i have given my reasons as to why he is my hero. so there we go. can we get off the round-a-bout now.

777236ER

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:32 pm

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 47):
I don't feel the need to defend Galloway. These are the points by which I admire him as I have stated earlier. There is no other politician that even comes close to pandering for my needs like Galloway does.

I didn't ask you to defend him, I asked you whether you agree with him. Answer the question.

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:33 pm

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 48):
I didn't ask you to defend him, I asked you whether you agree with him. Answer the question.

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 47):
we do not have to agree with every single thing our hero's do. But as such most of the time from what I have heard him say I like what I hear