TUNisia
Topic Author

Computer Help (Audio)

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:29 am

I'm trying to figure out how I can record to my hard drive a live streaming radio station that is playing thorugh Windows Media Player (version 10)? Will I need to purchase software or is there a free workaround for this without taking up a lot of hard drive space?

In case this helps, the sound card i'm using is a SB Audigy II.

Thanks in advane!

Peace
Someday the sun will shine down on me in some faraway place - Mahalia Jackson

oly720man

RE: Computer Help (Audio)

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:40 am

wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

Daleaholic

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:51 am

www.download.com Brilliant site  wink 
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

TUNisia
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:38 am

Thanks for the responses, but I was really just looking for a way to record with what I have no besides downloading 3rd party (only as a last resort).
Someday the sun will shine down on me in some faraway place - Mahalia Jackson

tmatt95

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:28 pm

Hi,
You can use Windows Movie Maker 2 to record internet streams (if you have Windows XP it comes with it as Windows Movie Maker 1 and then freely upgraded with service pack 2. If you have service pack 2 installed you will have Movie Maker 2). If you load it up and go through the motions of recording from a microphone but change the source until you get the one with the sound. You will have to adjust the sound levels to get them loud enough. I think you change the source through the advanced menu on the microphone record function.

Matt

P.S Sorry if this post is a little vague, I am not able to open up movie maker where I am and so cannot give better instructions.