GLAGAZ
Topic Author

Mozilla Users/Internet Geeks....HELP

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:23 am

Ok, twice now in the last few weeks I have somehow managed to change my Mozilla user profile. Each time this happens, I have to log-in to every forum again, i have lost all my bookmarked pages etc etc. But I can't figure out how to change the profile back. The 2 times its happened I've just gone to open mozilla and a wee window appears saying something about the profiles...

So please help.

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

sunshine79

RE: Mozilla Users/Internet Geeks....HELP

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:25 am

This has happened to me a couple of times. Somehow, weeks later, all my details seem to re-appear, gawd know how or why. Sorry this won't be any help, but I have the same problem too.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

gordonsmall

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:26 am

When that wee window appears, kill your mozilla session dead, in the case of windows by using task manager, or in Unix/Linux by using the process management commands provided by your distro.

Then restart mozilla and all will be well.  Smile
Statistically, people who have had the most birthdays tend to live the longest.

GLAGAZ
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:27 am

Quoting Gordonsmall (Reply 2):
When that wee window appears, kill your mozilla session dead, in the case of windows by using task manager, or in Unix/Linux by using the process management commands provided by your distro.

Then restart mozilla and all will be well.

But how do I know its going to appear again?

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

tmatt95

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:29 am

Hi,
I have found that happens to me when Mozilla hangs up. To solve that problem if you ever load it up and you are presented with the user screen do the following:

1) Close the user profile screen so there are no open Mozilla applications visible on the desktop.

2) Press control alt delete, and select processes

3) find firefox.exe in the list and click end process and accept the warning the comes up.

4) Try and load up Mozilla again.

Hope this helps  Smile ,

Matt

Newark777

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:30 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 3):

This doesn't uninstall Firefox, just stops it from running. What is happening is that the program is running in the background, while no windows are open. This action simply stops Firefox from running.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

gordonsmall

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:30 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 3):

It will! Trust me .......  Smile

There is a bug in the mozilla code that causes this, and because Firefox is based on the mozilla code-base it happens with Firefox too.

I'm not sure if it's been fixed in Firefox 1.5, I certainly submitted a fix, along with about a dozen other people that I know of.

It it hasn't happened to me yet, so it may well have been fixed, but time will tell .....
Statistically, people who have had the most birthdays tend to live the longest.

AR1300

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:31 am

try opera for a change, so far so good...

mike
You are now free to move about the cabin

GLAGAZ
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:33 am

I think the 1st time it happened I created a new profile somehow, now that its happened again its got back to the original profile. But I had bookmarked some important stuff on the new profile and I want to go back to it somehow.

Is there anyway to do this without just sitting and waiting for the window to appear?

Gaz

JeffSFO

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:58 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Thread starter):
Ok, twice now in the last few weeks I have somehow managed to change my Mozilla user profile. Each time this happens, I have to log-in to every forum again, i have lost all my bookmarked pages etc etc. But I can't figure out how to change the profile back. The 2 times its happened I've just gone to open mozilla and a wee window appears saying something about the profiles...

Gaz,

Are you using the "Mozilla" browser or "Mozilla Firefox"?

The same thing used to happen to me with Firefox and it drove me nuts. Here's where you can find how to fix it:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/977624/#5

However, if you're using Mozilla only, I'm not sure how to fix that...

-Jeff

GLAGAZ
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:02 am

Quoting JeffSFO (Reply 9):
Gaz,

Are you using the "Mozilla" browser or "Mozilla Firefox"?

The same thing used to happen to me with Firefox and it drove me nuts. Here's where you can find how to fix it:
RE: Firefox Is Pissing Me Off (by JeffSFO Oct 23 2005 in Non Aviation)#5

However, if you're using Mozilla only, I'm not sure how to fix that...

-Jeff

Jeff you are a genious !! Many many thanks !!!

Gaz

JeffSFO

Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:17 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 10):
Many many thanks !!!

No problem Gaz, I'm happy it worked out.  Smile

-Jeff