carmenlu15

Of Life, Death, Violence, And Other Issues...

Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:57 am

Yesterday I was reading a newspaper's editorial, which talked about violence in the country and how respect for others' lives has been lost. It got me thinking a lot, pondering how could there be people capable of pulling a gun and shooting another human being in cold blood...

Well, I kept flipping the paper and found a note about the murder of a family of five, in their own home and apparently by people they knew well. I had a glance at the family picture shown in the paper, and one of the photos reminded me of a girl I knew from the church group I used to attend. So I continued reading the note, and stopped on the names of the family members... Yup, it was her.  Sad Five productive citizens, five lives lost in yet another tragic crime.

I can accept the fact that death is part of the cycle of life. One minute we're here, the next we're gone. And the cycle goes on and on, and there's nothing we can do to stop it. I know that, and can deal with it... It's these senseless violence I can't get past myself.

While it's true that my country is not the safest place on Earth to live, I think it's more a general thing: it doesn't take much to hear about a bombing here, a shooting there, a murder over there. This 'lack of respect for life' mentioned in the paper is widespreading, and worse yet, we're getting used to it. What do you think?

Saludos  airplane 
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

ArmitageShanks

RE: Of Life, Death, Violence, And Other Issues...

Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:39 pm

I think the world is constantly getting better as the years go on.

99% of people are better off today than we were 50-100-1000 years ago no matter what anyone says.

There will always be killers and there will always be many more who are nice and kind to their fellow human.