clipperhawaii

"It's Run Like A Plantation" So Says Missy Hillary

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:37 pm

Wow what a week of quotes from morons, losers, and darn right idiots!

Now we have Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton sparking a Martin Luther King Day political firestorm yesterday by describing the GOP-controlled Congress as a southern "plantation". "When you look at the way the House of Representatives has been run, it has been run like a plantation, and you know what I'm talking about,"
"It has been run in a way so that nobody with a contrary view has had a chance to present legislation.

Reallllllllllllllly???? So Missy Clinton, what are you talking about when you say "Plantation"? You race baiter you!

She's getting hammered too for it. And rightfully so! What ever chance she had for the Presidency is now gone!!!   

And thank God for that!

Is that a foot Missy????

[Edited 2006-01-18 05:42:45]
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

ArmitageShanks

RE: "It's Run Like A Plantation" So Says Missy Hillary

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:42 pm

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Thread starter):
What ever chance she had for the Presidency is now gone!!!

Even though I don't like her, I doubt it will affect her that much. Personally, I don't think she stands much of a chance anyway.

It was a stupid thing to say no matter who said it.

jetjack74

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:45 pm

She's getting hammered too for it.

The mainstream press wil do what they can to rationlise her comments to sheild her from any real backlash.
Made from jets!

jaysit

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:49 pm

As I said before, Miss Hillary just quoted the darling of the right, Newt Gingrich who said the same thing about the Democratic Congress in 1994.

And it didn't affect his political prospects one damned bit.

But she was dead wrong. Congress under the GOP isn't run like a plantation. It's run like a whorehouse, with all the pimps in charge either indicted, being investigated or headed straight for prison.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

theCoz

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:53 pm

How is relating anything to a plantation a racist issue?

A plantation is an estate where cash crops are grown on a large scale.

[Edited 2006-01-18 05:54:41]

jetjack74

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:53 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 3):
It's run like a whorehouse

Unlike her husband, derschliechmeister, in the best little whorehouse in Arkansas.
Made from jets!

jaysit

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:02 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 5):

It's run like a whorehouse

Unlike her husband, derschliechmeister, in the best little whorehouse in Arkansas

Yeah, but no one paid Monica to suck his nubby lil' dick.

On the other hand, think of the millions and millions of dollars Republican scumbag lobbyists paid to suck Tom Delay's rotting pecker.

And think of the time in jail they'll spend doing the same to some big guy named bubba or Rico.

(btw, the nubby dick comes from a quote by Jennifer Flowers "he aint hung that much, but he sure can eat p*ssy like a trooper.")

Smile

dragogoalie

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Clipper, I have yet to hear you ever give any reasoning as to why any of the subjects of your threads are wrong, just childish name calling. Hardlly does anything for your credibility.
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

jetjack74

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:44 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 6):
he aint hung that much, but he sure can eat p*ssy like a trooper.")

Which proves the point that Tuna is always better when fresh.
Made from jets!

clipperhawaii

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:56 pm

Quoting Dragogoalie (Reply 7):
Clipper, I have yet to hear you ever give any reasoning as to why any of the subjects of your threads are wrong, just childish name calling. Hardlly does anything for your credibility.

Great question/comment. I let the ridiculousness of the subject (their quotes)speak loudly for themselves.

As for my credibility, I don't need it. I am not a public figure. Although my credit rating is over 800 if that means anything!  Smile

Thanks for the question.

We're Nuts

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:00 pm

Clipperhawaii, why don't you stop wasting your time and ours by posting such fucking obvious flamebait and get with the real issue: our nation is worse off than it has been in decades, and it's not going to take 4 or 8 years to repair, it's going to take 25 or 30. The sooner people like you face up to that fact the sooner we can make this job a bilateral effort.
Dear moderators: No.

Superfly

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:02 pm

Clipperhawaii:
Bitch all you want but Hillary tells it like it is.
Hillary Clinton (D-NY) was spot on with her comments.
If you don't like what she says, you'll just have to learn to deal with it.
Bring back the Concorde

clipperhawaii

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:06 pm

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 10):
Clipperhawaii, why don't you stop wasting your time and ours by posting such ******* obvious flamebait and get with the real issue: our nation is worse off than it has been in decades, and it's not going to take 4 or 8 years to repair, it's going to take 25 or 30. The sooner people like you face up to that fact the sooner we can make this job a bilateral effort.

You may choose not to click on the thread then.

The real issue is the insanity of these people, public people who are elected and then proceed to put their foot into their mouth. Such fun sport it seems. I have every right to call them on their silliness and will continue to do so until I am no longer amused by their foolish quotes.

So there!

laughing 

clipperhawaii

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:10 pm

Superfly stop being so predictable. I am sure you felt just a little uncomfortable with her comment as well. She went overboard and starts to looks like the fool that she tries so desperately not to be.

You almost have to feel sorry for her. Almost.

NWA742

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:15 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 11):
Hillary Clinton (D-NY)

Quick comment -- we already know she's a D in NY.

Smile

-NWA742

[Edited 2006-01-18 07:16:05]
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

gunsontheroof

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:15 pm

What ever chance she had for the Presidency is now gone!!!

I'm reasonably sure (and recent history will back me up on this) that people who say dumb things from time to time are quite capable of winning the U.S. presidency. I'd agree that she probably should have been more careful with her words, but you're making this out to be a much bigger deal than it really is.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Parliment song to explain this one with.  

[Edited 2006-01-18 07:16:26]

dragogoalie

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:23 pm

While I do agree the plantation remark was kinda strange, the rest of it was spot on.
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

clipperhawaii

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:24 pm

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 15):
I'm reasonably sure (and recent history will back me up on this) that people who say dumb things from time to time are quite capable of winning the U.S. presidency. I'd agree that she probably should have been more careful with her words, but you're making this out to be a much bigger deal than it really is.

Imagine if a white male elected official were to say the NAACP were nothing but a group "enslaved" to an ideology? Imagine the outrage. It's either a slave or a slave owner. Now I ask you, what's worse? This racial card being played by a Senator of the United States is an outrage. But more than an outrage it's just plain looney.

jaysit

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:29 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 8):
Quoting Jaysit (Reply 6):
he aint hung that much, but he sure can eat p*ssy like a trooper.")

Which proves the point that Tuna is always better when fresh.

LOL !!!

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 13):
Superfly stop being so predictable. I am sure you felt just a little uncomfortable with her comment as well. She went overboard and starts to looks like the fool that she tries so desperately not to be.

You're the predictable one here. The truth is that the House has always been run like a plantation. Gingrich was right when he said that back in 1994, and Hillary is right when she said it yesterday (as a matter of fact, Gingrich was even more incendiary when he claimed that he was leading the "slaves into rebellion," the slaves being those poor ol' Republicans). The party in power can pretty much squelch debate and run slip shod over decorum. As for the accusation of race baiting, come on. The modern day GOP is controlled by a combination of ex-Southern dixie Dems who turned Republican as a result of the racist Southern strategy and the backlash against basic civil rights for blacks, and rancid Southern Baptist bigots (and Tom Delay falls neatly within both categories). Yes, you have the free market moderates and even social liberals within the New England flank of the GOP, but they're essentially powerless, or else they keep their mouths shut.

And one more thing. The corruption in the House for the 40 years the Dems held it (from 1954 to 1994) pales in comparison to the cesspool Delay and friends have turned it into in just 10 short years.

stlgph

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:33 pm

Ah it seems yet another Republican who believes that a woman's place is to be silently standing in the kitchen.

Go get 'em Hillary!
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

jaysit

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:41 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 19):

Ah it seems yet another Republican who believes that a woman's place is to be silently standing in the kitchen.

Guess they think its better to be a kitchen hand than a field hand

devil .

texdravid

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:50 pm

Whatever you think of Hillary's politics, her well publicized "detour to the middle" hit a pothole with this speech.

It is a speech she thought she needed to give because the liberal groups have cooled towards her because of her support on the Iraq war, and she needed them back in her corner.

I think she miscalculated, because the liberal groups are always going to be in her corner, especially with the hunger democrats have for regaining the presidency. In other words, she didn't need this speech, as it will only hurt her cause among the middle of the road voters, the exact voters who are ambivalent at best and hostile at worst to her run for the presidency.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

gunsontheroof

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:52 pm

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 17):
This racial card being played by a Senator of the United States is an outrage. But more than an outrage it's just plain looney.

Having spent two weeks in Lafayette with survivors of Katrina, I can tell you that there are a lot of displaced New Orleans residents who would probably side with Hillary on this one. You think the applause was out of obligation?

Superfly

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:05 pm

Not "uncomfortable" with her comment at all.
The only person I feel sorry for in this thread is you.
You are on a role.
I am sure you can't wait for all of the MLK recognition to just go away.
We'll see you in 1 year with all of your b!tching as usual at this time of year.
Wow, who is the predictable one?
Bring back the Concorde

jaysit

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 21):
In other words, she didn't need this speech, as it will only hurt her cause among the middle of the road voters, the exact voters who are ambivalent at best and hostile at worst to her run for the presidency.

Yeah? Which middle of the road voters? At this point, most voters even back in Delay's district are so disgusted with the man, they'd vote for an unknown Democrat or an armadillo if they had the choice. The only ones who this comment will rile up are those on the looney Hillary-hating right.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 23):
We'll see you in 1 year with all of your b!tching as usual at this time of year.
Wow, who is the predictable one?

LOL ! You're so right, super. And whats more, accusations of race baiting from racist right wingers is so darn predictable. And they're all over this site. Like the bitter, hateful termites they are.

Superfly

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:21 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 24):
And whats more, accusations of race baiting from racist right wingers is so darn predictable. And they're all over this site. Like the bitter, hateful termites they are.

checkmark 
Well said!

Hence the Internet is a safe haven for racist cowards that are agonizing over MLK day. Even though February is the shortest month of the year, it will be the longest month for these bigots. Hence the Internet is a safe haven for racist cowards that are agonizing over MLK day. Even though February is the shortest month of the year, it will be the longest month for these bigots.
Bring back the Concorde

texdravid

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:27 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 24):
Yeah? Which middle of the road voters? At this point, most voters even back in Delay's district are so disgusted with the man, they'd vote for an unknown Democrat or an armadillo if they had the choice. The only ones who this comment will rile up are those on the looney Hillary-hating right.

Just because "middle of the road" voters are disgusted with Delay doesn't necessarily mean they will automatically vote for Hillary. A lot of you don't realize that Hillary brings up a lot of antagonism not just from "right wing zealots" but a lot of ordinary Americans who have no axe to grind.

What I'm getting at is that Hillary is yet to have a "Sister Souljah" moment that Bill used so effectively in 1992 to his advantage. She needs one, believe me, if she is to ultimately win the presidency.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

md80fanatic

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:37 pm

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 17):
This racial card being played by a Senator of the United States is an outrage.

Saying the word Plantation is playing a racial card? Is it the context that makes it bad? There's a whole line of chicken products called Plantation and the word must be mentioned a hundred times in every American history textbook. But Ole' Hill says it and now she's considered a racist?

Her husband would never have make that gaffe (if you want to call it that)....he's Slick Willy after all. My gut tells me that Hillary was "calling them as she sees them" this time....she was being honest essentially. I really cannot understand why the NAACP is upset about this....they really should be applauding her.

Superfly

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:38 pm

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 26):
Just because "middle of the road" voters are disgusted with Delay doesn't necessarily mean they will automatically vote for Hillary

That is NOT what Jaysit was saying.
Re-read his post and get back with us.
Bring back the Concorde

ltbewr

Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:29 pm

The location and audience where she gave that speech on MLK day was primarly to urban blacks. I wish she hadn't used the term plantation, but she was trying to get the attention of that audience of the policies and high levels of corruption of the Republican Party contolled Congress that badly affect black Americans and the poor in general. Unfortunally she isn't innocent of possible corruption back in Arkansas or other issues brought up when 1st Lady from investigations of it later.

Superfly

Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 29):
Unfortunally she isn't innocent of possible corruption back in Arkansas or other issues brought up when 1st Lady from investigations of it later.

Ummm. billions of dollars was used to "investigate" Bill and Hillary Clinton and all Kenneth Star could find was a blowjob by an intern.
So Senator Clinton (D-NY) had every right to make the "plantation" comment and she was spot on.
Bring back the Concorde

clipperhawaii

Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:52 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 23):

I can't imagine why you would think that. Hillary does not have anything to do with the great Dr. King other than to use his holiday to stage an attack on Congress. I would imagine that the kind of language she used would be frowned upon by Dr. King himself as divisive.

Face it. She used a very poor word that was inappropriate and some of you can't stand it because it opens her up for the criticizes she deserves.

You can live with Hillary. But the rest of us can slam her as we see fit. And I certainly see fit with her ludicrous remark.

Deal with her and deal with the load she tries to sell you.

Got wagon?

Superfly

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:07 pm

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 31):
Hillary does not have anything to do with the great Dr. King other than to use his holiday to stage an attack on Congress. I would imagine that the kind of language she used would be frowned upon by Dr. King himself as divisive.

Oh please spare us the drama!

You must think we were all born 1 hour ago. Just look at the crap you have been spewing out over the lst few days;
-"This City Will Be Chocolate Again"
-"Cronkite "Time For U.S. To Leave Iraq"
-"It's Run Like A Plantation" So Says Missy Hillary"

It's rather obvious what side you're on and it isn't the side of fairness & equality in which Martin Luther King stood for.
You have taken terms out of context to suit your warped right-wing views.
I find it amazing that conservative politicians hide behind MKL today yet there very supporters could care less about honoring the man.

Flame away Clipperkid.
It's way past my bedtime.  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

clipperhawaii

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:27 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 32):
Flame away

Why? You dug your own hole. Sleep well.

You must think we were all born 1 hour ago. Just look at the crap you have been spewing out over the lst few days;

Glad you realize that it's crap because that's what it is. C R A P. From the mouths of people who placed their foot in their mouth with such ridiculous comments such as these three gave us. Mayor Ray is the clear winner so far and Hillary is carrying his bags.

Wonder who the next one will be to shove that big foot in their mouth? These people are on a roll that is for sure!

You know what? You can't stand it because you realize the idiocy of their words. Damn, that must suck for some I'm sure.

Standing by for the next nutjub public persona to render a nice juicy tid bit. You know it will happen. Perhaps it will be some right wing nutcase Like Pat Robertson to level the field for you. Although after the past few days that might be a task.

Aloha!

[Edited 2006-01-18 11:29:20]

We're Nuts

Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 33):
You dug your own hole.

Who needs shovels or migrant workers? Fastest way to dig a hole is to disagree with Clipperhawaii!

halls120

Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 18):
And one more thing. The corruption in the House for the 40 years the Dems held it (from 1954 to 1994) pales in comparison to the cesspool Delay and friends have turned it into in just 10 short years

Oh really? Remember Tony Coehlo?

The degree of stink and slime, even if it has increased in the past 10 years, can be laid directly at the feet of both democrats AND republicans. When Tony C was in the House, arms were twisted and the ethics rules bent just like Delay and his minions did later. NEITHER party is blameless. Except for John McCain, and his democrat allies like Russ Feingold, courage on the Hill on either aisle to bring the rampant graft under control is virtually nonexistent.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

SlamClick

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:43 am

Just look at the crap you have been spewing out over the lst few days;

Fly, can't side with you on this. Each one of those is pretty much the exact words of a highly public figure. Each one was the leadoff line for a story that ran nationwide, maybe worldwide on all the major news networks. It is also pretty clear that two of them were blatant examples of politicians pandering for political support - regardless of what their personal lives and beliefs are. But what else could he have titled those threads.

I might agree that his selection of those topics in the first place indicates some fixation. . .
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

slider

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:08 am

The point no one's made herein is that it is the Democratic Party that's still run like a plantation...how else do you explain the state of Democratic politics today? They blocked Civil Rights, they haven't elevated any blacks in their own party to high-ranking posts in presidential administrations, and they're the ones blocking things like school voucher programs today that would allow the inner city and many times minority kids to excel.

People like Rice, Powell, Thomas, Watts, etc, earned their positions on merit, it seems the Democrats are afraid of allowing the same because it would ruin their very fundamental plank of perpetuating the underclass of black America upon which it's very power being beholden to a special interest rests.

I'm neither D nor R, but the dichotomy is clear. The Democrats continue to repress and their biggest fear is having blacks denounce their party--hence Hillary's shrill statements in order to deflect from her own party's obvious failings.

It's almost laughable to hear the bitter desperation from Hillary. The 2008 race will undoubtedly be the nastiest ever.

Falcon84

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:02 am

I see all the right-wing yes-men are getting an orgasm over this. I guess the truth hurts, because the GOP has made it so dissent isn't tolerated in Congress.

Maybe you guys need something better to beat off to.
Work Right, Fly Hard

cfalk

Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:34 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 37):
it seems the Democrats are afraid of allowing the same because it would ruin their very fundamental plank of perpetuating the underclass of black America upon which it's very power being beholden to a special interest rests.

Absolutely. The democrats have depended on 90+% of the black population to vote for them over the past couple of generations. If blacks generally realized their potential and actually were economically and educationally indistinguishable from everyone else, the dems would have to make do with only 40-50% like the Reps do. They cannot tolerate this, so the Dems do everything they can to perpetuate black society as an underclass as much as they can, and use highly effective propagandists (like Jesse Jackson) to convince blacks that it is actually the Republicans' fault.

Hitler did it too when he complained that Poland attacked Germany.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

fxramper

Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:40 am

Congress under the GOP isn't run like a plantation. It's run like a whorehouse, with all the pimps in charge either indicted, being investigated or headed straight for prison.

ROTFLMFAO!  bouncy   checkmark 

If she plans on taking the DNC nominee spot, she should hold her tongue and leave the whitty analogies to Jay Leno...take a lesson from Senator Trent Lott.  Smile

MD-90

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:34 am

I think ole miss has been letting her mouth run away from her brain again.

slider

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:57 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 39):
Absolutely. The democrats have depended on 90+% of the black population to vote for them over the past couple of generations. If blacks generally realized their potential and actually were economically and educationally indistinguishable from everyone else, the dems would have to make do with only 40-50% like the Reps do. They cannot tolerate this, so the Dems do everything they can to perpetuate black society as an underclass as much as they can, and use highly effective propagandists (like Jesse Jackson) to convince blacks that it is actually the Republicans' fault.

Bingo!

The Dems are, in a political sense, keeping the blacks on the plantation because it serves their purpose.

The Republicans are criticized for not pandering to them as a special interest.

The path has been clear for decades now. But the tide is turning- I'm confident. And once that critical lynchpin of the Democratic platform collapses, goodnight.

Of course, I'm not saying the Repubs are any better, hardly, but they don't prey on a minority group and foment racial overtones in their very fiber of being.

We're Nuts

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:06 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 42):
but they don't prey on a minority group

Oh no? Then where the hell did the middle-class go?

IceTitan447

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:56 am

I hope the G.O.P. doesn't send the Big jerk to run in 2008, Mccain.

Who do others see running this year? condi? Ex-Mayor Rudi?

We're Nuts

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:52 am

Quoting IceTitan447 (Reply 44):

The GOP could never do anything that classy.

Falcon84

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:10 am

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 45):
Quoting IceTitan447 (Reply 44):

The GOP could never do anything that classy.

"Class" and "GOP" don't end up in the same sentence very often these days. Not with so many of them fearing indictment or investigation.  Silly

And IceTitan447, again, you show that you simply use the words of others, and the thoughts of others. You don't have one original thought or idea in that mind of yours.

Personally, I think he was a bad boy when he was little, and for punishment, his parents' locked him in his room and he was allowed only to listen to Rush Limbaugh.
Work Right, Fly Hard

fspilot747

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:28 pm

No more stupid than New Orlean's genius with his beautiful "New orleans will be chocolate once again.." A lot of embarassment from the Left this new year. I like how Jon Stewart put it: "Good luck in 2008!"

And I vote Dem..

FSP

IceTitan447

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:24 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 46):
And IceTitan447, again, you show that you simply use the words of others, and the thoughts of others. You don't have one original thought or idea in that mind of yours.

And this is coming from a Liberal? Why do I not feel so bad?

Falcon84, you are one of those people who will argue why the sky is blue, why bother? You'll always think you right.

Superfly

Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:54 pm

Quoting IceTitan447 (Reply 48):
And this is coming from a Liberal?

Falcon84 in not a liberal. I am much farther to the left than Falcon84 and I am a moderate. Well in this town I am a moderate.  Smile

I really don't understand why conservatives hate Hillary Clinton (D-NY) so much.  confused 
Bring back the Concorde