Boeing Nut
Topic Author

For Those Who Care - New 2007 Toyota Tundra Pics

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:43 am

Still a little camo on it, but you get the idea of the new Tundra's looks. Lookin' forward to seeing one up close.

http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196795

Also looking forward to them getting the hybrid engine in it. (which is planned) Toyota has had some problems with the hybrid engine in testing towing heavy loads effieciently, but they'll figure it out.
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

slider

RE: For Those Who Care - New 2007 Toyota Tundra Pics

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:46 am

Cool!

Roofline looks a little squatty, like the truck has been squished from above. It makes it look less imposing and more like a midsize in those pics.

The Tundra is a hell of a nice truck, though.

And for what it's worth, both Toyota and Nissan (Titan) have made SERIOUS inroads in Texas....the world's single largest truck market. They came to play and brought some solid trucks to compete.

While the Ford/Chevy and Dodge contingents fight each other, they're getting invaded. And the Honda Ridgeline is pretty damn innovative too.

MD-90

RE: For Those Who Care - New 2007 Toyota Tundra Pics

Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:45 am

Why not, especially since the Toyota will be built in Texas and the Nissan is currently built in Mississippi. Very American trucks, ironically.

The high beltline does look silly. I don't like it on cars, but it at least makes some sense (sit in my sister's 97 Civic and thinking about being T-boned by a Tahoe). Sure the F-150/Tundra's beds are deeper, but loading something over the side? Not like our 88 F-150, that's for sure.