IceTitan447
Topic Author

Muslim Question

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:09 am

If a Muslin doesn't want to be a part of the Jihad against all infidels, does that in turn make them and infidel?

I was talking with a buddy over the recent Osama tape that has surfaced, and how the Muslin way is to call a truce before they strike, what does that mean for Muslims who are honest citizens of this country, or of the world? Are they considered one of us if they don't take up arms against us?

Thanks for any replies.

flyAUA

RE: Muslim Question

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:11 am

Jihad has nothing to do with true muslims. It's something that some fanatic maniacs invented to make all the other muslims look bad. So a very short and concise answer to that question is "no it does not".
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

IceTitan447
Topic Author

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:17 am

Thanks for the answer, You have cured my curiosity.

kiwiandrew

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:23 am

... judging all muslims by the ranting of a lunatic like bin Laden is a bit like judging all christians based on the ranting of Fred Phelps . The vast majority of the hundreds of millions of muslims around the world just want to quietly get on with their own lives and have no interest in any jihad .

flyAUA

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:24 am

Quoting IceTitan447 (Reply 2):
Thanks for the answer, You have cured my curiosity.

Anytime  Wink
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

solnabo

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:27 am

If I convert to islam, do I have to change my birth name (wich is Michael Hermanson btw)?

Micke//SE  Confused
Airbus SAS - Love them both

kiwiandrew

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:32 am

even more important question ... if you convert do islam do you have to cut off you-know-what ?  weeping 

solnabo

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:35 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 6):

What will I cut off? My hair?

Micke//SE  Wink
Airbus SAS - Love them both

jacobin777

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:22 am

even more important question ... if you convert do islam do you have to cut off you-know-what ?

say what???  confused 

Quoting Solnabo (Reply 5):
If I convert to islam, do I have to change my birth name (wich is Michael Hermanson btw)?

no...technically one doesn't have to..most people do because they feel that changing their names to an Islamic name is a reflection to their religion...

Quoting IceTitan447 (Thread starter):
If a Muslin doesn't

how the Muslin way is

you could at least run spell check....
"Up the Irons!"

kiwiandrew

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:29 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 8):
say what???

Sorry Jacobin , I guess I was being a bit obscure . I was under the impression (possibly completely incorrect 'cos religion is not something that I know a lot about ) that Muslims still practice circumcision and wondered whether adult males converting had to face the unkindest cut as well  scared 

Emirates773ER

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:37 am

even more important question ... if you convert do islam do you have to cut off you-know-what ?

Yes in both the cases.

If a Muslin doesn't want to be a part of the Jihad against all infidels, does that in turn make them and infidel?

I was talking with a buddy over the recent Osama tape that has surfaced, and how the Muslin way is to call a truce before they strike, what does that mean for Muslims who are honest citizens of this country, or of the world? Are they considered one of us if they don't take up arms against us?

That questions requires a pretty detailed answer but I will try to narrow it down as far as possible. Jihads are of many types but in terms of fighting they can be classified as a "Offensive Jihad" or a "Defensive Jihad". Offensive Jihad is when a Muslims attack another country to conquer, usually this happened during the medieval times when Islam was spreading through out the middle east and Europe. "Defensive Jihad" is when Muslims are attacked upon by a outside force, this would happen anytime a Muslim country is attacked. Taking part in a Offensive Jihad is not obligatory as far as I know but in a Defensive Jihad it is the total opposite where one has to fight under all circumstances. The citizens of your country would be expected to serve Muslims in a defensive Jihad, example if the US attacks Iran illegally then the US Iranians should be boycotting the US, but are not required to serve in a Offensive Jihad.
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

Emirates773ER

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:49 am

no...technically one doesn't have to..most people do because they feel that changing their names to an Islamic name is a reflection to their religion...

I was under the assumption that one has to change his name to a Islamic one when he/she converts.

Emirates773ER

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:51 am

N1120A

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:57 am

Not at all. Some just decide to. Mike Tyson (not a great example, but the best to think of) didn't change his name

Quoting Solnabo (Reply 7):

What will I cut off? My hair?

He is talking about TWFirst's least favorite thing in the world...Circumcision
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

jaysit

Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:03 am

More stupid questions of the day.

If I eat a kebab, does it make me Muslim?

If I don't support President Bush, does it make me an Iraqi?

If I watch a football game on a bigscreen TV, does it make me an athlete?

Add on...
Atheism is Myth Understood.

PIA777

Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:06 am

Definitely not. 99.9999999% of muslims are against Jihad (Which does not
mean holy war, it means to stand up against wrong doings).
That does not make them infidels.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

PIA777

Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:08 am

No you do not. Islam is a very flexible religion.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

PIA777

Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:10 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 14):

It makes you a True American.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

jacobin777

Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:11 am

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 11):

I was under the assumption that one has to change his name to a Islamic one when he/she converts.

Emirates, I know many people who have converted to Islam, so I found out for myself if one had to change names...

we always learn everyday.... Smile

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 9):
Sorry Jacobin , I guess I was being a bit obscure . I was under the impression (possibly completely incorrect 'cos religion is not something that I know a lot about ) that Muslims still practice circumcision and wondered whether adult males converting had to face the unkindest cut as well

no probs kiwi... Wink

to answer your question, circumcision is practiced..but no..there isn't the "unkindest cut as well...."

plus, how would Muslims reproduce...not everyone has the ability to give "divine" birth like Mary/Marium....... Wink
"Up the Irons!"

IceTitan447
Topic Author

Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:58 am

If a Muslin doesn't

how the Muslin way is

you could at least run spell check....

You could worry about more important things than misspelled words teacher. Always a monkey on the forum critiquing others on spelling,get over it.

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 10):
example if the US attacks Iran illegally then the US Iranians should be boycotting the US, but are not required to serve in a Offensive Jihad

And who is responsible for deciding if the US attacks Iraq illegally? Osama? Saddam? They are poor choices for such an important war, wouldn't you think?

Quoting PIA777 (Reply 17):

No that would make you a political minority.
 wave   wave   wave   wave   wave   wave   wave 

Emirates773ER

Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:38 pm

Quoting IceTitan447 (Reply 19):
And who is responsible for deciding if the US attacks Iraq illegally? Osama? Saddam? They are poor choices for such an important war, wouldn't you think?

Your common sense is.

HAWK21M

Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:14 pm

I have a lot of Muslim friends....And none of them believe this is Jihad.In fact there explanation is totally the opposite.
In fact amongst friend they use the word "Bhai" which means brother after calling out ones name.

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

kiwiandrew

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:05 pm

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 18):
circumcision is practiced..but no..there isn't the "unkindest cut as well...."

Quote:
plus, how would Muslims reproduce...

now you are confusing me - I was talking about circumcision - I never mentioned castration .
I am sorry, I don't mean any disrepect to either Islam , or Judaism , but genital mutilation of any sort sounds pretty unkind to me ...

[Edited 2006-01-21 13:07:56]

[Edited 2006-01-21 13:09:00]

N1120A

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:09 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 14):

thumbsup  thumbsup 

Quoting IceTitan447 (Reply 19):

No that would make you a political minority.

Have you seen GWB's approval rating lately?

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 22):
I am sorry, I don't mean any disrepect to either Islam , or Judaism , but genital mutilation of any sort sounds pretty unkind to me ...

Something that lowers rates of STD transmission and penile cancer is not what I would call mutilation
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

kiwiandrew

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:20 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 23):
Something that lowers rates of STD transmission and penile cancer is not what I would call mutilation

never heard that one before ... are you serious ? Is there actually statistical information that Muslims/Jews have lower rates of penile cancer than non-Muslims/Jews?

do you have a link to any of it ... it sounds fascinating ( if somewhat grim ) reading .

[Edited 2006-01-21 13:40:25]

jasepl

Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:58 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 23):

Lopping my head off would also lower the chance of my catching an STD or getting cancer. I'd still call it mutilation Reza!  Wink

Besides, surely the reason circumcision was started in the first place was not to prevent STDs.

RichardPrice

Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:15 pm

Ive posted this a couple of times in other Islam related threads, but it needs a mention here I think:

http://www.muslim-answers.org/Introducing-Islam/miscons.htm

Oh and circumcision doesnt decrease the chance of most STD infection, because the foreskin keeps the glans healthy and lubricated, which means its in much better condition to stave off infection.

http://www.norm-uk.org/std.html
http://www.menweb.org/msnbcirc.htm
http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/STD/

Circumcision has shown to help prevent penile cancer, but hygiene offers exactly the same benefits - so guys, dont cut it off, just wash it.

Personally, I wouldnt like having a lowered sensuality in that area just so I get some benefits either a condom or simple washing also offer.