drewfly

Have Rock, Will Spy

Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:20 am

Anyone see this article today on CNN? It isn't often us commoners get a glimpse at espionage-related technogadgets like this.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/01/23/uk.russia.row/index.html

Quote:
MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Russia's internal security service has accused four British Embassy employees of conducting a high-tech spying operation that included using an "advanced electronic spy gadget" in a fake rock, news agencies reported.

"An electronic cache from the British intelligence service was seized by counterintelligence," Interfax quoted Federal Security Service (FSB) chief spokesman Sergei Ignatchenko as saying Monday.

[Edited 2006-01-23 18:20:34]
A-10 Thunderbolt II, ugly as hell, efficient as hell, would you like to meet my boomstick?

usnseallt82

RE: Have Rock, Will Spy

Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:36 am

Quoting Drewfly (Thread starter):
It isn't often us commoners get a glimpse at espionage-related technogadgets like this.

Yeah, I caught wind of it. I'm sure the MI people weren't excited about the press release, though.

But, you better believe that the FSB took their time analyzing the circuitry before releasing the story.  yes 
Crye me a river

Banco

Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:08 am

Sounds like we've been caught red-handed. Big grin

Certainly a lack of denials coming out of either the Embassy or the government.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

saintsman

Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:38 am

Isn't it nice to know that the Russians are so outraged because they no longer spy on countries  Yeah sure

RichardPrice

Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:01 am

Quoting Saintsman (Reply 3):
Isn't it nice to know that the Russians are so outraged because they no longer spy on countries

Every country does it and every country is outraged when its done against them.

Look at the spying that went on in Sin Feins Stormount offices.

fumanchewd

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:10 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060126/wl_nm/russia_britain_dc

10 million Pounds?
Damn, and I thought the rock they sell down the street was expensive.

"This is like space technology in its qualities. You could throw this stone from the 9th floor, it can survive a long period in water, it has several different kinds of defense," Ignatchenko said in televised comments.

I wonder what that means? Does it have an electric field? Doesn't a regular rock surive a long period in water? Does it have SCUBA gear?
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...