diamond

"More Junkmail From Bob"?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:16 pm

About 2 years ago, I somehow managed to get on the monthly distribution list for a guy named Bob Webster. He is a techno-geek-sailor-aviator-mountaineer-outdoorsman sort of guy that apparently has a ton of free time to travel the world and do really fun things.

His monthly emails include some great photos of his travels, and some cool information about space, astronomy, aviation, technology, etc.

It's available as a monthly email, but can also be viewed as a web page. Here is the update I received today.

http://xpda.com/junkmail/junk177/junk177.htm
Blank.

Curtisman

RE: "More Junkmail From Bob"?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:04 pm

I got my email today as well and look forward to reading some of it this evening when I get home. There are some fun and interesting things that come from Bob.

Kevin pointed me to this email service a while ago - worth checking out.

Cheers!
Len
Citizen of the World

cannibalz3

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:07 am

YYYYYYEESSSSSS!!!!! I thought I was the only guy on the planet that actually had ever heard of this guy. My dad alerted me to the guy, I figured he was just one of his friends, sending something out to a small circle of people. I had no idea he had such a big fanbase! Does anyone have any idea how many people actually receive this thing?

Bob Webster runs a computer company of some sort. I think he used to work at Microsoft and made it really big. Now he flys around in a TBM-700 and some kind of twin ultralight from his home in Oklahoma. He talks about some really fascinating stuff.

diamond

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:10 am

He also has a huge catamaran that is ocean-going. It's a slick looking thing that I think he may have designed himself.

This guy is having WAY more fun that we are.  Smile
Blank.

cannibalz3

Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:23 am

bump

The message you were about to post is too short and probably not of any higher value to the topic at hand. You should think long and hard before posting a message in this forum and make it detailed and a valuable addition to the topic discussed.

Avoid posting "Me Too" messages. These are messages that are posted by people who agree to a point being discussed and post a one liner, "me too!", "Good post Jim!", "I disagree" or similar message. This takes up time as readers must sort through these messages which have no real value to the group at large. Any message containing nothing more than a line or two of text is probably not worth posting.

If you have an opinion on a topic, you should in detail express why you have the opinion and what made you come to that conclusion.

Your post should be relevant to the topic discussed.