airlinelover

Man Punches Teachers Aide: Gets Father Of The Year

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:21 am

http://www.comcast.net/news/national...OMESTIC&fn=/2006/01/25/311756.html

Teachers aide inappropriately touches this guys daughter, guy ends up punching the aide..

Then a local radio station names the guy father of the year.

I've gotta agree with that.. Nice to see a dad sticking up for his daughter.. And sticking it in the @$$es face who did it.

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

N1120A

RE: Man Punches Teachers Aide: Gets Father Of The Year

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:30 am

Wait a second. The guy attacked someone who was not attacking him. The police hadn't arrested the aide yet and the guy was supposed to be there for some sort of meeting regarding the issue. He broke the law and they give him an award. That is not right.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

DLKAPA

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:33 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 1):
That is not right.

Neither is touching someone elses kid.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

kiwiandrew

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:35 am

Quoting Airlinelover (Thread starter):
http://www.comcast.net/news/national...OMESTIC&fn=/2006/01/25/311756.html

Teachers aide inappropriately touches this guys daughter, guy ends up punching the aide..

I think your wording should be

"Teachers aide accused of inappropriately touching mans daughter ....man takes law into own hands"

none of us know what actually happened , unless you have access to some information that you are not sharing ? or have you just decided the aide is 'guilty until proven innocent' ?

N1120A

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:36 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 2):

Of course not, and neither is touching your own kid, but the point is that charges hadn't even been filed (at least it is not mentioned in the article). As much as the aide did not have a right to do what he is alleged to have done, this guy didn't have a right to punch him
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

kiwiandrew

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:37 am

I dont think that it has been established that he did ... just that he has been accused which is not the same thing at all .

LeonB1985

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:37 am

When will people learn that violence isn't automatically the solution to everything?!  banghead 
From the construction site that is better-known as London Heathrow Airport

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:44 am

Unless this man witnessed this man touching his daughter inappropriately, he has no business punching someone out. He should have found out exactly what happened, and gone to authorities.

Unfortunately, some Americans think it's great when someone takes the law into their own hands. We end up making heroes out of thugs.

If this teachers' aid did do this, and we're innocent till proven guilty, then he should be arrested and charged by law enforcement. Some macho parent taking the law into his own hands isn't heroic-it's stupidity.
Work Right, Fly Hard

WellHung

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:46 am

Speaking of protecting children... anyone who is this incapable of controlling their emotions and any resulting physical actions should be immediately evaluated by a psychiatrist. The daughter (and any other children in the house) should be removed and placed with relatives pending the results of the evaluation.

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:53 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 8):
Speaking of protecting children... anyone who is this incapable of controlling their emotions and any resulting physical actions should be immediately evaluated by a psychiatrist. The daughter (and any other children in the house) should be removed and placed with relatives pending the results of the evaluation.

That might be going a bit far, especially if it's a first instance of such an outburst, but there's no doubt this guy isn't heroic, and he should be punished for assult. And if the aid did do something inappropriate, he should be punished as well.
Work Right, Fly Hard

L-188

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:56 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 8):
The daughter (and any other children in the house) should be removed and placed with relatives pending the results of the evaluation

Yeah, foster care....that is really going to screw those kids up.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 7):
Some macho parent taking the law into his own hands isn't heroic

If it where your daughter, do you seriously think you would have been that calm???
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

futureualpilot

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:57 am

After reading the article and finding out that the girl is 15yrs. old, and the father assumes she never lies (has he ever dealt with a 15yr. old girl before, or is his daughter the only one...?), I don't approve of what he did.
Life is better when you surf.

WellHung

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:02 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 9):
That might be going a bit far, especially if it's a first instance of such an outburst

Neither of us know the man, but I have a hard time believing this is the first time he let his emotions get the best of him. That is not something that happens once - it is more of a pattern. I would guess he has frequent bouts of road rage, etc. Considering the man admits he knew it was wrong but could not control himself, it is the prudent course.

He is quite adamant about his daughter not lying to him. What if she did lie to him about something and he found out about it? With a temper like his, I sure wouldn't want to be her.

WellHung

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:05 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 10):

So now living with relatives for a few days until the dad can be evaluated is considered 'foster care'? I agree that foster care is typically not the best answer, but you should really bone up on your terminology.

Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:07 am

Unless this man witnessed this man touching his daughter inappropriately, he has no business punching someone out. He should have found out exactly what happened, and gone to authorities.

I hope your kids never get molested. I wonder how you'd react.

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 3):
none of us know what actually happened , unless you have access to some information that you are not sharing ? or have you just decided the aide is 'guilty until proven innocent' ?

Innocent and guilt are criminal law issues. This man wasn't acting under the authority of the government therefore innocent until proven guilty is irrelevant. What he did was illegal and he paid the price for it.

Wait a second. The guy attacked someone who was not attacking him. The police hadn't arrested the aide yet and the guy was supposed to be there for some sort of meeting regarding the issue. He broke the law and they give him an award. That is not right.

You liberal apologist want to give everyone but the victim the benefit of the doubt. If this guy molested the child then the father did the community a service by exposing this POS for what he is. If the aid didn't due it, he can pursue civil remedies for battery and defamation.

I find it funny that the same people who can't wait to jump all over the Catholic church for its abuse scandals are falling over themselves rushing to the defense of this aid. Just one more example of liberal hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

EWROwznj00

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:09 am

Hmm, so being father of the year gets you Daytona 500 tickets according to the article...

You would think defending his daughter's honor would be worth more.
Yes, there is a typo in my username. No need to point it out.

WellHung

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:11 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
I find it funny that the same people who can't wait to jump all over the Catholic church for its abuse scandals are falling over themselves rushing to the defense of this aid. Just one more example of liberal hypocrisy.

Sorry bro, but if the parents of those molested children went around beating priests, no sane person would condone it.

lentigomaligna

RE: Man Punches Teachers Aide: Gets Father Of The

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:11 am

If it where your daughter, do you seriously think you would have been that calm???

Just because some may sympathize with someone's motives doesn't justify their actions. This guy is neither father of the year nor is he as bad as someone who assaults someone for fun. He's a guy who overreacted to the situation...and should be held accountable accordingly.

Even when such action is understandable, we can't let individuals become vigilantes who punish others for their (alleged) crimes.

searpqx

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:15 am

This father is way out of line, and the station that is calling him "Father of the Year" without all the facts is flat out irresponsible. Until the school has had an opportunity to investigate, no judgement can be made.

I spent three years working in administration in an urban school district. A good share of my job was talking to parents and investigating the allegations made by students against staff. Well over 90% of the claims were unfounded, and in most cases, were retaliatory by the student for bad grades, discipline, etc. If the aide did touch this girl inappropriately, then I hope he gets everything coming to him, including a very 'friendly' bunk mate named bubba. But in the meantime this kid has learned that she can make any kind of accusation and daddy is going to punch them out for her.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:16 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 16):
Sorry bro, but if the parents of those molested children went around beating priests, no sane person would condone it

Read this story http://ap.washingtontimes.com/dynami...AN_SLAYING?SITE=DCTMS&SECTION=HOME all the way through and tell me if sane people won't be enraged at hearing a POS like this boast about how he molested and was planning to continue molesting kids.

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:23 am

Calm? No. I'd be mad as hell with such an accusation, but you seem to be saying it's OK to just take things into your own hand, before finding out any facts, and just rearranging someone's face. That's called assult. Now, he may have to tell his daughter why he got convicted of a crime, because that's assult.

I would do what normal people, who don't automatically think their fists are the answer to everything would do: call the school, go see the Principal, find out what happened, and if this guy did do this, have him prosecuted and convicted.

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):

Read above, bonehead.

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
What he did was illegal and he paid the price for it.

And what if it turns out this guy did NOTHING, Pope, and this guy just punched him out because his daugter lied to him? Kids are known to do that on occasion.

Great human being you are-punch first, and find out later what the truth is. I see you're not only that way in foreign policy. I guess you just naturally admire thugs.

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
You liberal apologist

There you go again! With you, everything is "liberal, liberal, liberal." You don't even think before you say that anymore. Cut the shit out. This guy cracked someone a fist sandwich before he apparently found out what even happend-and thug-lovers like you think the guy is some sort of hero. He's a thug; he's a hothead. Give the guy a reward? Yeah, some jail time.

You are so fracked up, Pope, that it isn't even funny. You're really off the map, dude.

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
If the aid didn't due it, he can pursue civil remedies for battery and defamation.

Yeah, too fucking bad, dude. Guy rearranged your face, but he, he's just a hero anyway for doing it to you.

Patheitc, Pope. Just pathetic.  Silly
Work Right, Fly Hard

Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:55 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 20):
Yeah, too fucking bad, dude. Guy rearranged your face, but he, he's just a hero anyway for doing it to you.

Funny how someone who rants about rights all the time is getting all upset because some private party gave this guy a title that doesn't mean squat. Are you advocating that government step in and ban this radio show from bestowing this award?

The guy obviously broke the law and the matter was handled by the authorities. He paid his price to society and if he was wrong he'll be subject to civil remedies - what else do you want?

After your post from the other day I now understand why you want to stand up for the little guy but honestly, you need to chill out. The law has worked. It seems that you get more worked up about some bubba punching a purported child molestor in the mouth than you do about people trying to attack our country. It seems that your priorities are out of whack.

By the way, I've never called this guy a hero even by implication. Can I understand the rage he probably felt? Yes. Do I think his behavior is something to be proud of? No.

You just make stuff up in your head and then start fighting with phantom positions. Time to chill out Napolean.

satx

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:07 am

I thought that foster care was usually tasked with taking care of kids who were already at risk. Thus, how can you be so confident that it was in fact the foster care that screwed them up?

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):

Everyone's human, but going around punching people is generally something disturbed people do. If you're truly worried about this girl's future, then why not be suspicious of the father's actions as well?

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
This man wasn't acting under the authority of the government therefore innocent until proven guilty is irrelevant.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty is one of the true AMERICAN FAMILY VALUES. And here in America, it is always relevant.

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
You liberal apologist want to give everyone but the victim the benefit of the doubt.

At this point the only victim we know of for certain is the man whom your father-of-the-year attacked.

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
If this guy molested the child then the father did the community a service by exposing this POS for what he is

Once again...IF. The American judicial system is founded on the premise of that IF being interpreted as innocent until proven otherwise. What this means in very simple terms is that we are willing to let a few guilty people go free in order to avoid unnecessarily punishing an innocent man.

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
If the aid didn't due it, he can pursue civil remedies for battery and defamation.

That's called Guilty Until Proven Innocent and it is NOT an AMERICAN FAMILY VALUE.

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):

I find it funny that the same people who are so protective of the "victim" are so blind that they can't even see who the victim is. Just one more example of blind ignorance.

[Edited 2006-01-26 00:21:29]
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:09 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 21):
Funny how someone who rants about rights all the time is getting all upset because some private party gave this guy a title that doesn't mean squat.

Funny how someone like you who doesn't give a damn about rights has no problem with someone arranging someone else's face before finding out the truth. But then again, you seem to enjoy thuggery, Pope.  Smile

Quoting Pope (Reply 21):
Are you advocating that government step in and ban this radio show from bestowing this award?

No, I'm ranting because people like you make heroes of guys like this who are, in the end, nothing more than bullies and thugs. He should be in prison, but you praise his sorry ass. Dude should have gone through proper channels, and if this aid had indeed done this, seen him prosecuted. But no, he has to go bloody his nose to show he has testicles. He's a loser. Wonder what that makes you.

Quoting Pope (Reply 21):
He paid his price to society and if he was wrong he'll be subject to civil remedies - what else do you want?

I want people like you to stop making heroes and respected people out of common thugs, that's what I want. But I guess that's asking too much.

Quoting Pope (Reply 21):
It seems that your priorities are out

Whatever. My priorities are just fine. I'm not one who advocates shoot first and ask questions later, as you do. So I think my priorities are just fine, my friend. I think yours need a little work, but that's your problem, not mine.

Quoting Pope (Reply 21):
You just make stuff up in your head

And there lies your most ignorant statement of the day, Pope.

Remember: Support Your Neighborhood Thug.
Work Right, Fly Hard

dl021

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:18 am

Gotta weigh in here and say that unless the man had concrete evidence that his daughter was assaulted by the aide then he should have held off. I have difficulty blaming him for being angry, but he needs to control himself.

There is a line between lynch mobs and this behaviour that is not too difficult to cross. It looks like the system was set up to separate the two while the matter was being investigated.

That said.....I don't know how any of us would react if it was our daughter who came home and said that someone touched them inappropriately.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

NWA742

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:48 am

Unless he saw the aide do it, he shouldn't have it him. I mean sure, I would be completely and thoroughly pissed off if I was him, and the aide would have certainly received several harsh sets of words about it, but hitting him is going to far. Now, if I actually saw it happen, the aide would be missing several teeth, but that's me.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

ANCFlyer

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:49 am

First - with my cop hat on:

The "father" is guilty of Assualt, plain and simple, and he'll be dealt with. The aide has yet to be charged, and until he's convicted, remains innocent under the law. Even after he's convicted, if that's the case, the father would be guilty of assault for hitting the aide.

Second - with my Dad hat on:

I can completely understand the man's desire to pummel the shit out of the aide, charged, convicted or otherwise. I'm not so sure I'd have the restraint to contain myself either. Where my daughter is concerned, I have definitely strong feelings about protecting her. I would be hard pressed to give quarter to anyone the infringed upon her person . . .

Dad will get probation - and the record likely expunged in ten years. The aide, if convicted will get Bubba in the clink for a roomie . . . justice will have been served on both sides of the case.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:00 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 25):
Unless he saw the aide do it, he shouldn't have it him. I mean sure, I would be completely and thoroughly pissed off if I was him, and the aide would have certainly received several harsh sets of words about it, but hitting him is going to far. Now, if I actually saw it happen, the aide would be missing several teeth, but that's me.

If you see it happen, you're justified ripping his gonads off and stuffing them down his throat.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

fspilot747

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:08 am

I agree with the father.

FSP

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:17 am

Quoting FSPilot747 (Reply 28):
I agree with the father.

Boy, that was enlightening....not.
Work Right, Fly Hard

NWA742

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:22 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 26):
not so sure I'd have the restraint to contain myself either.

checkmark 

Same here, it would be very tempting. I know I said the guy shouldn't have hit the aide, but I wasn't in his position either.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 27):
If you see it happen, you're justified ripping his gonads off and stuffing them down his throat.

Damn straight.  Smile

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

ANCFlyer

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:36 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 27):
you're justified ripping his gonads off

Yup, with Logans Grapefruit Spoon . . .  crazy  eyepopping 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:42 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 31):
Yup, with Logans Grapefruit Spoon . . .

Every guy reading this on Anet just says "oooooh!", and doubles over at the thought.  Silly
Work Right, Fly Hard

Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:45 am

And again all the left wing nuts can't even take the time to read what I've posted.

Quoting Pope (Reply 21):
By the way, I've never called this guy a hero even by implication. Can I understand the rage he probably felt? Yes. Do I think his behavior is something to be proud of? No.

I've never condoned what this guy did or said I was happy he did it. I just said I understand where the rage would come from.

But instead of reading what I said, you guys make up your own notions and then attack me for what you think. I've never called this guy a hero. I even said that what the father did was illegal.

Falcon with his reading comprehension disability can't even figure that out and thinks that I'm accusing the aid of doing something illegal. Which I'm not.

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:52 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 33):
And again all the left wing nuts can't even take the time to read what I've posted.

And again, only a right-wing nut would make it into a lefty-righty thing. You're so far gone that you'll never get back, Pope. You're just off the charts

Quoting Pope (Reply 33):
Falcon with his reading comprehension disability can't even figure that out and thinks that I'm accusing the aid of doing something illegal.

Right. There's no doubt from your earlier posts you admire this guy for doing what he did, and now you're back-tracking. Want me to pull up what you said earlier?

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
You liberal apologist want to give everyone but the victim the benefit of the doubt. If this guy molested the child then the father did the community a service by exposing this POS for what he is.

Sounds like you want him to be a hero to me. Sorry, he's not, and your back-tracking only makes you look like a hypocrite, Pope.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:16 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 34):
Right. There's no doubt from your earlier posts you admire this guy for doing what he did, and now you're back-tracking. Want me to pull up what you said earlier?

Go ahead I dare you. I've not said anything praising this guy. Prove me wrong.

[Edited 2006-01-26 02:16:55]

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:22 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 35):
Go ahead I dare you. I've not said anything praising this guy. Prove me wrong

I quoted it above. Read your own words: "You liberal apologist want to give everyone but the victim the benefit of the doubt. If this guy molested the child then the father did the community a service by exposing this POS for what he is."

He did the community a service? Sounds like praise to me.

I just proved you wrong, sucka.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:26 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 36):
He did the community a service? Sounds like praise to me.

Sorry Alphafalcon but I'm not saying that he did the community a service. The sentence reads "IF this guy molested the child, then the father did the community a service by exposing this POS for what he did." You can't ignore the if like you try in your post.

That's a conditional statement. You can't pull a Dan Rather and ignore those parts that you don't like. You've exposed yourself as a fraud.

As usually if I give you enough rope, your words always betray you.

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:30 am

Right, Pope. No doubt you approve at least somewhat of what this clown did. You're right he'll get his punishment, but let's stop making heroes of people who don't deserve it.

Your quote is there. It's on record.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:37 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 38):
Right, Pope. No doubt you approve at least somewhat of what this clown did. You're right he'll get his punishment, but let's stop making heroes of people who don't deserve it.

Your quote is there. It's on record.

My quote is certainly there for everyone to see. Your only problem is that it doesn't say what you are attributing to me. You invent your own reality. You did exactly what your liberal friends like to do and parse statements to get the message you want to come across.

No where did I call this guy a hero. Only you have made that up in your mind. No where did I excuse what he did. Only you have made that up in your mind.

You really need help because reality and pretend are starting to blur in your world.

It's pretty pathetic when you post the statement and then immediately below it repeat the statement ignoring the very first word. Did you think nobody was going to notice. At least Rather and his crew took the time to try to make a good forgery.

Falcon84

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:43 am

Whatever Pope. I'll let you have the last word, since you're such a great guy, and comment no further on what I've already said to you. It's all there. Nice chatting with you.
Work Right, Fly Hard

WrenchBender

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:53 am

Even if he did witness it, vigilantism is against the law.
I feel sorry for all of you who condone this type af action. There is no justification for this assault, even after the facts come out I would still have a hard time justifying an attack on the aide.

WrenchBender
Silly Pilot, Tricks are for kids.......

Jean Leloup

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:19 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 25):
Unless he saw the aide do it, he shouldn't have it him.

Holy cow. If even NWA742 is granting the aide a stay of punishment until proven guilty, those of you taking the father's side already are perhaps even more unstable than I originally suspected!

JL
Next flight.... who knows.

flyingbronco05

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:09 pm

It hasn't been proven yet.
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

fspilot747

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:40 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 29):

Boy, that was enlightening....not.

What are you in kindergarten? I was stating my opinion which, really, you can't dispute with the simple reason of "it's not right" or "it's against the law." So is speeding, and we all know we've done it.

I said I agree with the father not because I think he's a hero. Hell no, I think he's a normal, protective father. Hope he gets off the hook. You might have done the same thing if you were in his situation. Actually, no. I take that back. You probably wouldn't....

tbar220

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:47 pm

Pope,

No offense, but if you complain that people aren't taking you seriously, maybe stuff like this isn't helping.

Quoting Pope (Reply 33):
left wing nuts

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
liberal apologist

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
liberal hypocrisy.

You don't have to polarize every debate and every issue. Not everything in this country has to be diametricly opposed to something else, not everything is a liberal/conservative, left/right issue. Sometimes, its just an issue of morals and obeying the law.

The case is here is pure and simple. The man had no right whatsoever under the law to do what he did. Part of government and society is that enforcement of the law is taken out of the hands of the individual. This is something that is basic tenet of law going back to Hammurabis code of laws. If every individual in this country felt justified in taking the law into his or her own hands, we would quickly descend into anarchy.
NO URLS in signature

kiwiandrew

Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:21 pm

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
What he did was illegal and he paid the price for it.

what do you mean 'what he did" ? were you there and you know 100% what happened ? or are you just going on hearsay like the rest of us ?

I guess you would welcome a return to the good old days of lynch mobs as well so we didn't have to bother with timeconsuming things like finding out the truth before we condemn someone

cfalk

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:31 pm

Wait a second. The guy attacked someone who was not attacking him.

An attack against my child is an attack against me. There is no greater human drive than to protect your children.

Quoting LeonB1985 (Reply 6):
When will people learn that violence isn't automatically the solution to everything?!

Not EVERYTHING, certainly. But sometimes, it's the effective way to go.

Let's put this thing into perspective. Did the father pull out a gun and shoot the aide? No. Did he use a bat, or put the guy in the hospital? No. He just gave him a bloody nose. Big deal.

Now look at it from the father's perspective. If my daughter told me that someone touched her inappropriately, and I know my daughter is not the sort of person to tell lies of that nature, I will naturally believe her. The first thought to come to mind is to go to the police, but I know that this is a case of "She said, he said", and that it will be very difficult to convince a jury. It will also be hard for my daughter to be a witness in the trial, and be accused by the defence attorney of being a slut. The aide will most likely go free.

But I KNOW my daughter, and am certain she is telling the truth, and that she will probably not get justice from the courts. In that level of frustration, I can fully understand his punching the guy, and I applaud the man's restraint in not going farther and actually killing him.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

tbar220

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:35 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 47):
He just gave him a bloody nose. Big deal.

It IS a big deal because he's being rewarded for a violent action which was against the law.

How can some users on this website scream about "the law is the law no matter what" on matters such as the death penalty (i.e. blind old man in CA) or immigration, but think its ok for this father to take the law into his own hands?
NO URLS in signature

itsjustme

Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:52 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 26):
Dad will get probation - and the record likely expunged in ten years.

I can't speak for the Florida penal system but here in CA, for someone to be charged with "Felony Battery", something more than just a punch in the face, as the article indicates, would have to occur. Either significant injury was inflicted or an object of some kind (if even a ring) was involved in the battery (or, it's possible that because the victim was a school employee, that alone may warrant the felony charge....don't know). Further, speaking with regard to the CA penal system, if someone were to be convicted of felony battery here, they'd be looking at a fine and some jail time. Getting a felony conviction expunged would be a stretch.