flymeariver

Mass With The Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:11 am

For all you Catholics out there, or anyone else of any faith who may know the answer to my question...

My dad is turning 60 this year and his birthday just happens to fall on Easter Sunday, so my mom and I came up with the idea to surprise him with a trip to Rome for his birthday to attend a Mass held by the Pope (or possibly have an audience with him), as this has always been one of his dreams.

Does anyone here know how I would go about trying to get into the Pope's big Easter Mass in St. Peter's, or how to arrange an audience with him? Thanks!

SFOMEX

RE: Mass With The Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:25 am

Quoting FlyMeARiver (Thread starter):
Does anyone here know how I would go about trying to get into the Pope's big Easter Mass in St. Peter's, or how to arrange an audience with him? Thanks!

You will need tickets. They are free, but you have to ask for them in advance and a letter from your local pastor is very helpful. Since Easter Mass is the most important liturgical celebration in the year, I don't know if getting tickets for it is different from a regular Wednesday audience, but normally you can ask for tickets to this phone number:

GENERAL AUDIENCES OF THE HOLY FATHER AND PONTIFICAL CEREMONIES:
Enquiries: Prefect of the Pontifical Household Ph. +39.06.69884857 fax +39.06.69885863

Hope it helps.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

Pope

RE: Mass With The Pope

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:50 am

Drop me a line. Maybe I can help  Wink

Just kidding.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.