APFPilot1985
Topic Author

Tim Tams And Penguin?

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:52 am

I love these things. Greatest foreign food I have found, the taste of the chocolate cant be beat, and there is nothing american like them..... MMmm
Stand Up and Be Counted Visit Site Related to Voice your opinion

Brendan03

RE: Tim Tams And Penguin?

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:57 am

Yeah, Tim tams rock... Ever had the Caramel or Cherry ones? - I'll give you something to do with them

Get a hot coffee or chocolate or tea (works best when you put milk in them) - Then bite off the ends of them, emerge one end into the drink and the other into your mouth like a drinking straw then suck the hot beverage up into your mouth until you can't get more then as quicky as you can slam the biscuit into your mouth before it loses its shape... Tim Tam Slam  Smile Yummo
Coolier than thou.

Cadet57

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:03 am

What are tim tams?

fillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllller
fillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllller
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

Brendan03

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:05 am

They're a chocolate biscuit originally made for the australian market... They have a Crunchy cookie like wafery thing on top with chocolate cream in the middle and coated in chocolate - Google image search Tim Tam
Coolier than thou.

APFPilot1985
Topic Author

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:06 am

Quoting Brendan03 (Reply 1):
Get a hot coffee or chocolate or tea (works best when you put milk in them) - Then bite off the ends of them, emerge one end into the drink and the other into your mouth like a drinking straw then suck the hot beverage up into your mouth until you can't get more then as quicky as you can slam the biscuit into your mouth before it loses its shape... Tim Tam Slam   Yummo

I read about that today.... I would kill for the carmel ones they sound soo good.

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 2):
What are tim tams?

Chocolate biscuits

UAalltheway

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:06 am

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Thread starter):
I love these things. Greatest foreign food I have found, the taste of the chocolate cant be beat, and there is nothing american like them..... MMmm

Agreed. I also like the carmal, and partially the cherry.

Quoting Brendan03 (Reply 1):

Get a hot coffee or chocolate or tea (works best when you put milk in them) - Then bite off the ends of them, emerge one end into the drink and the other into your mouth like a drinking straw then suck the hot beverage up into your mouth until you can't get more then as quicky as you can slam the biscuit into your mouth before it loses its shape... Tim Tam Slam Smile Yummo

Haha.. I'll have to try that sometime. I believe it's called the "tim tam suck".. a quick search yielded the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam

Hahahaha.. "Also known as the Tim Tam Slam, Tim Tam Explosion, or Shot-gunning a Tim Tam."

Notar520AC

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:56 pm

I LOVE Tim Tams!!!!

J
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

BNE

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:09 pm

Tim Tams are pretty good; whats the reference to Penguins;
Why fly non stop when you can connect

APFPilot1985
Topic Author

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:19 pm

Quoting BNE (Reply 7):
whats the reference to Penguins

They are an english version (actually been around 30 years longer)

http://www.unitedbiscuits.com/80256C1A0047922E/vWeb/pcTSTT5EPGG9

USAFHummer

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:48 pm

I really wish they'd sell Tim Tams in the US, I guarantee they would be a hit, cause like APFPilot1985 pointed out, we have nothing like them here...now Im getting a craving for them just by typing this...@)&&)Q*&@#!

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

APFPilot1985
Topic Author

Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:18 pm

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 9):
I really wish they'd sell Tim Tams in the US, I guarantee they would be a hit, cause like APFPilot1985 pointed out, we have nothing like them here...now Im getting a craving for them just by typing this...@)&&)Q*&@#!

Greg

http://about-australia-shop.com/adva...categories_id=&pfrom=&pto=&x=8&y=6

not cheap, but oh so worth it

USAFHummer

Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:23 pm

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Reply 10):

Thanks...I was thinking more along the lines of them being sold in supermarkets or even "World Markets" over here, which have mostly international merchandise for sale..I drop by the World Market in Boulder every couple of months to see if they started carrying them, and no luck just yet  Sad I don't trust mail order chocolate anyways...its a quirk of mine...but I know there is a store in London that carries them, so when I head over the pond in June, I'll definitely be stopping by there to pick some up...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru