I agree with those that recommend Amtrak from BWI
. It's quick and easy and you can buy your ticket online and print it at the BWI
station kiosk. I made from gate push back in SAT
to Union Station in DC in under five hours:
nonstop (early arrival at BWI
- No bags to claim...I went straight to the lower baggage level and within minutes boarded the BWI
Rail Station bus.
- Printed my Amtrak ticket from the kiosk and the train (Amtrak Regional)arrived in about 15 min.
- An approx. 25 min. train ride into DC. (Union Station is awsome - check out the lower level food court)
- From there you can catch the Metro or start walking (the Capital is just down the street).
- SATX is right...the Amtrak Acela is not worth the extra money for such a short trip.