ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Insane VT Judge Raises Pedophile's Sentence

Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:04 pm

...judge Cashman has raised the sentence from 60days to a potential 10yrs.

While many feel that justice has now been done-- how easily this case was manipulated by public opinion also raises a rather scary precedent  Sad
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

ANCFlyer

RE: Insane VT Judge Raises Pedophile's Sentence

Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:17 pm

Me thinks the judge was trying to save his ass -

Public opinion notwithstanding, the original sentence was assinine . . . and anyone with any sense knows it. The judge, in attempt to likely keep his seat on the bench has now done what he should have done in the first place.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

cfalk

Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Thread starter):
While many feel that justice has now been done-- how easily this case was manipulated by public opinion also raises a rather scary precedent

It was only easy because the original sentance was simply too ridiculous to be accepted by anyone.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

jetjack74

Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Thread starter):
judge Cashman has raised the sentence from 60days to a potential 10yrs.

It's a 3-10 year stretch, which is hardly enough. So he'll be eligible for parole in 3 years, still pathetic. One justification is, that he'll be someones little bitch, after he gets the shit beat out of himself. The prosecuter wanted 8-20 years which I think should be the minimum for this lowlife. I'm not a father, so I can't imagine what it must be like for the devoted dads out there. I'd want to kill em.
Made from jets!