2H4
Topic Author

Syriana (the Movie)

Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:33 pm

So I saw Syriana earlier today, and I must say....it was a very thought-provoking movie. Using multiple storylines, It offeres a glimpse into the factors that steer global oil trade.

At one point in the movie, a Gulf prince expresses frustration with US foreign policy, and specifically mentions aircraft trade. It left me wondering if factors not directly related to aviation affect middle-eastern airlines' buying decisons more so than the aircraft's individual operating economics.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the movie, recommend it highly, and welcome any other thoughts.

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

jpetekyxmd80

RE: Syriana (the Movie)

Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:36 pm

I enjoyed it as well. It is an extremely complicated interwoven plot, so expect to be confused at times. I would recommend viewing a plot outline online before you go see it, just to keep help keep track of everyone. Thought provoking for sure.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

BA

Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:23 pm

Quoting 2H4 (Thread starter):
It left me wondering if factors not directly related to aviation affect middle-eastern airlines' buying decisons more so than the aircraft's individual operating economics.

Look no further than these:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © SpotIST - Abdullah Fatih
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Vatche Mitilian

"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

yowza

Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:43 pm

Quoting BA (Reply 2):
Look no further than these:

Exactly.

YOWza