erikwilliam

Best Way From CDG To AMS?

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:01 am

Dates will be 03/07/2006 Paris-Amsterdam, not necessarily by plane, by best=cheapest.

Also, wich one is a good train or bus website to buy tickets to that trip.

World Cup Here I GO
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

HT

RE: Best Way From CDG To AMS?

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:06 am

Quoting Erikwilliam (Thread starter):
World Cup Here I GO

&

Quoting Erikwilliam (Thread starter):
Paris-Amsterdam

Hold it ! You´re travelling to the wrong country ! Big grin
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

JRadier

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:09 am

eurolines.com is cheap.... if it is nice..... I don't dare to say
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

erikwilliam

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:09 am

Quoting HT (Reply 1):
Hold it ! You´re travelling to the wrong country !

nop, I´ll basically just watch the semi´s in Dortmund and the Final´s at Berlim, and I gotta go to CDG and meet a swedish friend (sex) and go to AMS and meet Van Gogh(weed)
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

IFLYMCO

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:13 am

I wouldn't mess with the Eurolines busses- cheap but take forever.

A better way is the Thalys train or just another flight- driving that distance is not so much fun.
Now it should be "IFLYDCA"

JRadier

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:05 am

Quoting IFLYMCO (Reply 4):
I wouldn't mess with the Eurolines busses- cheap but take forever.

he wants cheap options, he gets them  Wink
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

soups

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:19 am

Shame Varig is no more flying CDG-AMS KL/AF is the only airline that flies between the two. you can try eurolines... overnight bus ride... u can try a the train or on Easyjet CDG-LUT-AMS
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

jasepl

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:24 am

I's take Thalys. Book properly and you will get a decent fare. And it couldn;t be more convenient: direct from CDG2 to Centraal Station.

HT

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:22 am

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 3):
Quoting HT (Reply 1):
Hold it ! You´re travelling to the wrong country !

nop, I´ll basically just watch the semi´s in Dortmund and the Final´s at Berlim

IIRC, you and your company were going to rent a camper for going around Germany ... ?

www.ns.nl quotes 97 EUR for a oneway 2nd class Thalys-ticket Paris to Amsterdam Centraal, but does not yet accept quotes/bookings for July. Travel time is about 4 hours.

www.eurolines.fr does not allow quotes/bookings for July, too.
A oneway ticket is about 40 EUR (in March); travel time about 8 hours. Departure from Paris La Defense (meaning one would have to go downtown from CDG. Departures in March are at 10.15 and 22.15h - Schedules for July I couldn´t find ...

BIG alternative would be to spend 10,000 miles from a Flying Blue account and for 35 EUR (taxes etc.) you could fly oneway CDG - AMS.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

erikwilliam

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:40 am

Quoting HT (Reply 8):
IIRC, you and your company were going to rent a camper for going around Germany ...

ahhhh, yes and no.
My friends will be there, but I´ll only have 10 days there, while they´ll be longer, so I´ll join them in Berlim.

but thx man, I´ll look up.

ps. are u going??

9VSPO

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:43 am

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 9):
Berlim.

Berlin!
 banghead 

erikwilliam

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:44 am

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 10):
Berlin!

ups, my bad.

Birdwatching

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:15 am

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 10):
Berlim.

Berlin!
banghead

Common mistake: In Portuguese, there is often an m in the end when there would be an n in another language. You're forgiven!

Soren  santahat 
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

HT

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:26 pm

ps. are u going??

Sorry, I had no real chance to get tickets ...  Sad
Just in case that some tickets will be available thru some obsure channels, I might go and watch some game at the stadium next to me, which is Hannover.
If unable to do so, I either will watch games in front of my TV or, if weather and mood permits, I will join some crowd watching games in public places ...
-HT

erikwilliam

Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:22 am

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 12):
You're forgiven!

you know your shit hã buddy??? But you´r 99% correct, there are no comon nouns in Portuguse that ends with N, just proper nouns, as Berlin.  Wink

Quoting HT (Reply 13):
ps. are u going??

Sorry, I had no real chance to get tickets ...

neither did I, but I´ll try to get tickets for the final, just a matter of pricing (it´ll be high for sure).
Man, if we get Brasil vs Argentina in the finals I don´t know what is the roof price I´d get. As we know Brasil will be in the finals, just gota wait for Argentina and see if they don´t get sent home in 1st fase.

(let the bashing begin)